Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

View Poll Results: How often do you play video or online games?
I play video or online games almost daily 58 56.31%
I play video or online games a few times a week 20 19.42%
I play video or online games now and then 6 5.83%
I play video or online games only rarely 15 14.56%
I do not play video or online games at all 4 3.88%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-22-2009, 03:34 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs up Are you a gamer?

Yes, I realize this is a very broad question, but I am trying to get a feel for how important games are to people in this community.

Tell me about your gaming habits.
  • Are you strictly into games that involve the use of some sort of console? Or, do you play any one of the zillion games available online?
  • Why do you play? Is it an escape from work for a while? A way to clear your head? Or just something you enjoy?
  • Are there specific types of games you are into?
  • Are people involved in the webmaster related industry more likely to get involved with games than the average person?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-22-2009, 03:44 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I'm a gamer, I'm playing online games, applications games and arcade games.

Quote:
Are you strictly into games that involve the use of some sort of console? Or, do you play any one of the zillion games available online?
I don't have gaming console(PSP, PS3, Nintendo Wii etc.) but I only have a Personal Computer and when I'm going to mall I'm playing arcade games.

Quote:
Why do you play? Is it an escape from work for a while? A way to clear your head? Or just something you enjoy?
To refresh my mind and for fun. I'm play only after my work.

Quote:
Are there specific types of games you are into?
Mostly I'm playing Shooting Games in Arcade(Time Crisis Series, Vampire Night, Sogeki or Silent Scope), Online First Person to Shoot or FPS (Wolfteam, Soldier Front and Counter Strike), Simulations games (Drum Mania, Guitar Freaks and Guitar Hero) and Facebook Application games (Rock Riot and Castle Age).

Quote:
Are people involved in the webmaster related industry more likely to get involved with games than the average person?
My answer is I don't know.

Last edited by zero; 12-22-2009 at 04:09 AM.

Old 12-22-2009, 03:52 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Are you strictly into games that involve the use of some sort of console? Or, do you play any one of the zillion games available online?
No, don't play any of the online game ..

Quote:
Why do you play? Is it an escape from work for a while? A way to clear your head? Or just something you enjoy?
Emmm just for enjoy .......

Quote:
Yeah, I like action games ...

Quote:
Are people involved in the webmaster related industry more likely to get involved with games than the average person?
Emmmm may be, it's true .... :unsure:

Old 12-22-2009, 04:15 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
  • Are you strictly into games that involve the use of some sort of console? Or, do you play any one of the zillion games available online?
"I do not play video or online games at all".

Quote:
  • Why do you play? Is it an escape from work for a while? A way to clear your head? Or just something you enjoy?
I'd like to change that to:
  • Why don't I play any video or online games?
It's because I think that video and online games are a waste of time. I prefer doing sports, reading, programming etc.

Quote:
  • Are people involved in the webmaster related industry more likely to get involved with games than the average person?
I'd say that they're slightly more likely to get involved with games because they spent a lot of time sitting in front of their PCs.

Trey

Old 12-22-2009, 04:46 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I don't ever really play games.

I used to play yahoo pool a lot but gave up on it.

Old 12-22-2009, 04:59 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I usually play online games almost daily because of farmville. I guess I am addicted to it now before I was addicted with Conquer online too

Old 12-22-2009, 05:01 AM
Senior Web Developer
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I play on the PC, I find console games to be more targeted for children (gaming communities of console users are so full of 12 y.o.'s that it's impossible to have any reasonable interaction with them).
Quote:
I play to rest the head after working, about 1hr or a bit more if I have the time.
Quote:
No, anything that has good production values and fancy graphics will do. At the moment I'm playing Colin McRae DiRT2.
Quote:
I'm more of a coder than a webmaster, and yeah many coders are into games. Not webmasters though, they're too busy trying to make money

(+54 9) 1155 601 661

Old 12-22-2009, 06:00 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

i can't say i'm a gamer, because i have my own interpretation of being a gamer..... if i will based on my answer on the poll question, yes i'm a gamer i play everyday even if don't sleep before going to work just to play enough time for me so that i won't miss my character/game.....

Quote:

before i was addicted in playing in PS1(PlayStation 1) then after the PS1 broke i switch into arcade, then i play PC games, then PSP games, i also play online games... i'm one of the addictus players online.

Quote:
i play just for entertainment, for somebody who use music to get easy or something, me I play games to feed my soul.

Quote:
I play Casual Games Online like - O2jam, Dance Battle Audition etc.
MMORPG - Ragnarok 1, Flyff, R.O.S.E, Destiny Online which i currently playing, etc.
LAN Games - Counter Strike, DOTA, Warcraft Frozen Throne ladder games, diablo

Quote:
yes, because, they're too eager to search the latest games available now .

Old 12-22-2009, 06:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Yes, I realize this is a very broad question, but I am trying to get a feel for how important games are to people in this community.

Yes, I'm a gamer, and damn proud to be one too!

1. I play both console games and PC games, and also games involves boards and cards.

2. It helps me relax, clears my head and I just plain out enjoy it.

3. Strategy and war games are my favorites. Also MMORPGs and FPS.

4. Not sure. :3

Old 12-22-2009, 06:36 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I use to play games some days before, now a days this work has made my life very busy. Hope i get some time this weekend to play one

Old 12-22-2009, 07:10 AM
v7n Mentor

Although I play WoW on occasion the reason I call myself a gamer is because I'm into live action roleplaying.

I do this because it's an escape from work where I get to hang out with friends and be active in a medieval fantasy setting where I smack monsters with my foam sword and stuff. This website is by far my worst but there is a picture of my costume to give you an idea...
It is in playing and only in playing that the individual child or adult is able to be creative and to use the whole personality...
English as a second language

Old 12-22-2009, 07:20 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Trotta View Post
Although I play WoW on occasion the reason I call myself a gamer is because I'm into live action roleplaying.

I do this because it's an escape from work where I get to hang out with friends and be active in a medieval fantasy setting where I smack monsters with my foam sword and stuff. This website is by far my worst but there is a picture of my costume to give you an idea...
No +1 mace?

Old 12-22-2009, 07:20 AM
Contributing Member

I was going to answer "not at all", but then wondered if solitaire counts.

Unfortunately, I have no idea whether or not webmasters tend to be game players. From what I can see on Facebook though, the webmaster/on-line advertising person in my BNI group does not use the game applications there.

www.better-gifts-and-giftbaskets.com
www.silverandstone.com

Old 12-22-2009, 07:33 AM
v7n Mentor

I'm a gamer but I only play a few times/week as that's all I really have time for.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket
I only play on PC because of the limitations of consoles. Console games also tend to be "arcadey" in nature where I'm more into an immersive Simulation feel (or as much as I can get).
Quote:
The game that started it all for me was Rastan Saga. I'd usually plug $.25 into this thing after a late shift at the restaurant and play until the end. Many folks in the arcade hadn't seen the later levels of this game so it was quite often I had a crowd of onlookers around me.

I liked the game because it mapped out a fantasy world very similar to Conan the Barbarian and since I was such a huge Frank Frazetta fan, it was only natural I be drawn toward the game.

For me gaming was never an escape hence the reason I only gravitate to certain types of games. I like a game to either tell a compelling story via fantasy, give me a thrilling ride, and/or simulate what the real thing would be like.
Quote:
Mostly simulations such as Armed Assault, IL 2 Forgotten Battles (+ Expansions), and DCS Blackshark. I'm also playing Dirt 2 right now as well as Batman Arkham Asylum (the environment is pretty immersive) and still load up Doom 3 ROE now and again (I never did finish it).
Quote:
It was actually gaming that lead me down the long road to eventually becoming a webmaster.

My daughter rules!

Old 12-22-2009, 09:17 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Not much for online games. Time commitment there is too great. No console to speak of. Just my PCs.

Quote:
An escape for sure. I usually have a game of Civ running on my second computer. After an hour or two of work, I flip over and play a few turns.

Quote:
Turn Based Strategy. Civilization, Space Empires, and the like. I like turn based games as I can pick away at playing and doesn't require 100% of my concentration.

Quote:
Hmmm... no idea on this one. If you're by the computer a lot like I am, then temptation to play may be greater.

"The Dude Abides..." - Jeff Lebowski

Old 12-22-2009, 09:18 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I usually play daily. I'm a big geek and love the games when I can play them. Playing a few of the facebook games because I can hit them for a couple minutes at a time.

Quote:
I play games on a little bit of everything. Lot of them on the PC but we also have GameCube, PS2 and about 4 Nintendo DS's around the house (and there's only 2 of us here!)

I play because I enjoy them! I play for the escape. I also play them because sometimes I don't want something that really matters to do but I can't ever sit and be bored. I don't do boredom well at all.

The games I love the most are the deep, complex strategy games. Usually these are 4E games. I also enjoy the team based FPS games. I'm an avid TF2 player and even was on a competative TF2 team for a good while. I also enjoy the online games in general because of meeting people all over the world and have some fun with them. These are people I would never get the chance to meet. That is still sort of awe inspiring to me!

I think webmasters are a little more likely than average but probably a little less likely than others in the computer industry. I agree strongly with whoever said it above, I'm really a developer/coder much more than webmaster. Developers will be more likely to be into the games.

Hope some of this helps.

Old 12-22-2009, 11:13 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Response to; Tell me about your gaming habits...

* Are you strictly into games that involve the use of some sort of console? Or, do you play any one of the zillion games available online?

I am strictly a PC and Table top gamer...

* Why do you play? Is it an escape from work for a while? A way to clear your head? Or just something you enjoy?

All of the above; it is also a way to build your imagination and better yet networking. I have an interesting story to tell you about soon Cricket.

* Are there specific types of games you are into?

Strategy, the occasional FPS, table top, Role playing and one mmo type though I mostly hate em.

* Are people involved in the webmaster related industry more likely to get involved with games than the average person?

Possibly, it makes sense that people who work with technology play with technology...

Old 12-22-2009, 11:15 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Hey James, that shield got any modifiers?

Is it Mithril...Adamantine? =)

Old 12-22-2009, 11:54 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

O'k, I'll then
1:No, I'm not
2:It's a kind of relaxation for me, and in some cases....an escape from work
3:that's nothing specific for me
4:no, I don't think so, as for me, I'm not going nuts about them

Old 12-22-2009, 12:09 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Sometimes my daughter calls me a player. Is that the same thing?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum