Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-30-2009, 02:12 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Memorable Gaming Moments

As gamers we've all had them, that one (or in some cases, several) gaming moments where the memories last years after playing the game.

In my case I've had a few:

Max Payne:
  • Seeing my wife brutally shot through the crack in partially open yet blocked en suite door.
  • Running down endless hallways in the rough direction of my wifes pleas and my baby crying (in a drugged out state).
  • Walking the tightrope blood trail in a completely black room with red snowflakes.
Tomb Raider:
  • Walking into a deserted Tomb in my very first go with the Tomb Raider series, the Last Revolution.
Doom 3:
  • Trying to spot whether or not enemies were hiding behind crates while being blindsided.
  • Entering into a gun battle with a baddy who stepped in front of another who turned on him and ripped him to pieces.
  • Playing alongside the little UAC Sentry Robot.
  • Walking down a hallway only to have the walls run with blood, the room fall off kilter and hear a woman whispering in a sad voice "they took my baby" then hearing the distant sobbing sounds of a baby.
Half Life 2 + Episodes:
  • anything with music because you know its gonna be good.
  • Standing in a small rooms doorway looking into a dark level with gas cans everywhere (which you know is a recipe for trouble). Alyx moaned to the right of me and I nearly shot the bat because she scared the crap outta me trying to be funny.
OFP (Operation Flashpoint):
  • Trapped in the middle of a forest I managed to get away into while my squad mates were being torn to shreds, then trying to make it across an open field to a resistance camp only to be captured by the resistance.
  • Escaping capture only to hide in a small grouping of bushes with enemy looking all over for me and a BMP close by. I actually had to wait and let the game run for 4 hours so I could crawl away under the cover of darkness; beautiful sunset in that mission.
  • A lone sniper spotted by the enemy after infiltrating their camp and stealing their plans. Running toward the nearest forest cover with tracers screaming past my head.
IL 2 Forgotten Battles:
  • My first online game in a flight sim ever on a server called "Chowder Bowls Game". Seeing various WWII planes vying for position in the distance, flying into the foray only to hear bullets ricocheting off my plane and oil coating my windscreen.
  • Flying with my squadmates from the 332.

What are your most Memorable Gaming Moments and what was it about them that made them so memorable?

My daughter rules!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-30-2009, 05:34 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Riven
  • When I finally figured out the correct order in which to push the stones with the animal symbols so that I could reach the Fifth Age after trying relentlessly for days.

Old 01-01-2010, 08:31 AM
Senior Web Developer
Latest Blog:
None

As much as I hate to admit it, I had most of my "holy c@rp" moments with the first Call of Duty game and Crysis.

In COD, when you portray a soviet soldier in the battle of Stalingrad and have to run through Red Square completely unarmed while being shot by germans is something I won't forget. In Crysis it was during the scene where the US forces pick you up and you have to lead the invasion on the island and destroy the AA guns. Later aliens appear on the game and the story becomes a cheap sci fi movie but the first half was great.

(+54 9) 1155 601 661

Old 01-01-2010, 08:40 AM
v7n Mentor

In COD MW2 when I finally got the nuke on multiplayer my heart was racing so fast I thought I was going to have a heart attack. I will remember that moment for years to come.

Old 01-02-2010, 01:39 AM

There's so lot memorable moment when it comes to game, been an active player for 1 year, and almost 10hours a day. Gain so many friends, learn so many tricks, until the server shutdown and new server release, with those lag moment and shutting down, pc restart, with those so many banned accounts because of cheating, my character still survives. Clean and safe playing makes it survive.

Old 01-04-2010, 11:34 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

My most memorable is the first PC game I ever played. Sadly I can't recall it's name. I remember it because it was in english and I did not speak or understand a word of it at the time and I also remember how much fun it was.
All I do remember is that it was a car combat game. I actually recall that I always drove a light blue car with huge cannon on the right side.

Fear
is also very memorable. Although Doom 3 was pretty scary F.E.A.R. had my heart racing. I actually stopped playing a few imes cause I was too skidish to go around the corner. Seriously.

FarCry
That was just an awesome game. I still play it to this day (I think this is round 7 or 8 for me).

BF2
This is the first multi-player game that I actually stuck with for a couple of years. I still want to play it, but sadly it does not want to work with my Win7 for some reason.

Doom 3
Because my daughter used to climb out of bed to watch me kill the monsters. She actually stopped being worried of the dark because "Daddy will blast them away". (love You Julie).

Old 01-05-2010, 09:11 AM
Latest Blog:
None

in my 1st console-game....(nintendo) long time ago...

I remember I finish my mission in CONTRA
fly from that island...use the helicopter.....

Old 01-08-2010, 12:56 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

memorable:

FF Dissidia: the first japanese game that i've played.
Chrono Cross: PS game that i was addicted.
God of War: chains of olympus - the first PSP game that i finished
dance battle audition : i've met a pretty lady with this game
tekken : i just love it.

Old 01-11-2010, 01:03 AM

when i got my 10th village in Tribal wars

Hi, I was somehow addict to Tribal Wars... I want to break -free and then I thought OK let's use all my forces to attack a strong neighborhood and conquer it. I did it and got my 10th village.

Old 01-11-2010, 05:28 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Wild ARMS 2 - This is my first time played the RPG in PS 1.
Front Mission III - The happy ending story of Alisa version.
Legend of Dragoon - I finished this game without using any cheat codes or game shark.
Metroid Fusion and Metroid Zero Mission - I really challenged when I play this game
Yuri's Revenge - I'm just use Yuri to control and combining the Allied and Soviet Technology. I'm using a Spy(mind control) to infiltrate the barracks, war factory and tech center(Soviet and Allies) to unlock the rare unit in Barracks and War Factory. I used Yuri(main) to capture the enemies structure. Beside of that, Yuri is the best Defense than Allies and Soviet.
Counter Strike - We played with my office mates every Saturday Morning when I was work in Night Shift.

Last edited by zero; 01-11-2010 at 05:37 AM.

Old 01-18-2010, 08:42 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Conquer online memorable moments is that when I am included in the Top 100 archer in Cystal Server. And also when I was able to improve all of my items to full socket ..

Old 01-18-2010, 04:22 PM

Haha this sounds so lame but jumping across to the other side of the track in mario kart's rainbow level haha i used to make so many people mad with that move...owned!!

Old 02-01-2010, 05:32 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

final fantasy - when i saw all character smile together...i very touched when i see that...

Old 02-02-2010, 03:14 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well I have quitted gaming for a time now but my favorite moment was when I was finally able to upgrade my PC and play GTA vice city in my own PC and do all those criminal activities in the game.

Old 04-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Bayonetta - While Bayonetta is against a container, the little girl Cereza also leans against it, imitating her pose. Man, I keep replaying the game for that moment. So epic.

Vagrant Story - When Sydney is found mortally wounded and they have a heart to heart talk with Ashley (with not much words actually but they still 'talk' technically) and instead of answering more questions, they throw you more and some of which still bother me today.

FF7 - Cloud: 'LET'S MOUSSEY'. Wow. Cloud, who wrote your lines? That's so lame.

RE1 - Jill Sandwich. Hahaha.

RE2 - I remember truly feeling said during Ada Wong's near death experience in Leon's arms. I truly thought it was the end. I thought they were cute, even if it was an older woman, younger man thing. But alas in RE4, she makes a comeback and I believe that's even better.

RE3 - EVERY SINGLE TIME THAT THING CALLED NEMESIS ARRIVES. Always scares the bejeebus out of me.

Dino Crisis - When the pteradactyl grabs Regina and drops them into the exhaust fan. That TRULY shocked me and to this very day, I can never forget that 'what if' cut scene which if properly triggered can lead to...that. Ho ho ho

I noticed, most of my games are either Capcom or Squaresoft.

I'm pretty sure there are a lot more, but I can't remember them.

Slightly dead/inactive thread but I just couldn't help it anymore and had to post.

One last before I go:

RE5 - The moment where Chris helps Sheva whilst Wesker is holding onto to her leg and he decides to help her instead of simply holding onto the foundation for his dear life at the near end. I liked that. He managed to redeem himself from his error with Jill many years ago. He did have issues of having let her down.

Old 04-19-2010, 01:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by zero View Post
Yuri's Revenge - I'm just use Yuri to control and combining the Allied and Soviet Technology. I'm using a Spy(mind control) to infiltrate the barracks, war factory and tech center(Soviet and Allies) to unlock the rare unit in Barracks and War Factory. I used Yuri(main) to capture the enemies structure. Beside of that, Yuri is the best Defense than Allies and Soviet.
...... yuri have the best defense?..... have you experience mobbing around 4 or 5 platoons of roocketeers and 2 platoons of prism and mirage tanks? i think yuri's gatling towers cannot stand that attack....

Old 05-10-2010, 07:55 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Maybe the most unforgetable gaming moment for me is when I was playing the very first scene on Silent Hill (Playstation 1)... You go into a very creepy alley and then after that scene, you'll pick up a radio which at first I really don't know what's it for... Now, you hear the static on the radio, it gets louder every second...And then!... A flying creature breaks inside the restaurant window and attack you!...

This scene is embeded on my mind, Forever!... It was just the scariest moment playing a console game...

Old 05-11-2010, 05:33 PM

Some of my most memorable gaming moments (in WOW):
When I made my first gold.
When I took down a level 21 elite all by myself (I think I was a lvl 20-something priest at the time).
Going into the Deadmines for the first time.
When I just started to play WOW, and the first time I went into a major city and seeing all of the other players there, realizing that every other person I saw was real (for the most part lol)

Another gaming moment (that isn't WOW related) was watching my bf play Call of Duty. I sat there and watched it like it was a movie lol.

Old 05-14-2010, 08:57 AM
Latest Blog:
None

You don't wanna missed the MASS EFFECT when Shepard was elected as the first human spectre. It gives me chill every time I remember it.

Old 05-14-2010, 05:36 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Final Fantasy 7(PSX): Before the end of Disk 1 of the game.. When Sephiroth killed Aeris.. One of the finest moment in console gaming. This is dubbed as the most shocking moment in video games.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum