Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-11-2010, 12:15 AM

Gaming Experience in Windows 7

Hi,

Anyone used Windows 7 for Gaming... If so., please share your experience and rate it in terms of Graphics, Sound Quality and Speed...

Your replies are useful to all viewers...

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-11-2010, 03:21 PM
Senior Web Developer
Latest Blog:
None

Compatibility wise: Windows 7 runs games and any other software much better than any other Windows released before thanks to its compatibility mode that allows you to execute an application as if you were running XP or Vista. With 7 you are able to install many Vista-only programs and XP-only programs as well.

As for the graphics, sound, or speed, etc, I did not notice any difference, I had Vista before and my games play the same so I think it depends more on the hardware. If your machine meets the requirements to run W7 you will not have any problem.

(+54 9) 1155 601 661

Old 01-11-2010, 03:33 PM

Yea i have used Windows 7 for gaming and I havn't had any issues.

Old 01-17-2010, 09:50 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hades View Post
Compatibility wise: Windows 7 runs games and any other software much better than any other Windows released before thanks to its compatibility mode that allows you to execute an application as if you were running XP or Vista. With 7 you are able to install many Vista-only programs and XP-only programs as well.

As for the graphics, sound, or speed, etc, I did not notice any difference, I had Vista before and my games play the same so I think it depends more on the hardware. If your machine meets the requirements to run W7 you will not have any problem.
I heard in the early days of Windows 7 that they planned to have much of the OS hibernate; in essence closing down background apps to free up resources for large, resource heavy apps such as games, media encoding, etc. Does anyone know if Windows 7 actually does this or not?

My daughter rules!

Old 01-17-2010, 10:47 AM
Senior Web Developer
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter-ego View Post
I heard in the early days of Windows 7 that they planned to have much of the OS hibernate; in essence closing down background apps to free up resources for large, resource heavy apps such as games, media encoding, etc. Does anyone know if Windows 7 actually does this or not?
It does, also Windows Vista has this feature too. But it doesn't really close those apps, it just puts them on the swap file and it leaves what you are using on the RAM so the user experience feels smoother.

With 3Gbs of RAM I never paid attention to it but recently I noticed that on my girlfriend's machine, she has W7 running on 2Gbs of RAM, with normal usage (browser, music player and a few other small apps) the OS shows a footprint of about 1Gb, but when she opens The Sims 3 without closing the browser or media player the footprint suddenly drops to 500Mbs and W7 makes room on the memory to run the game.

Obviously when she closes the game before being able to maximize the browser again she has to wait a few seconds until Windows brings it back to the RAM. The music playback however is fluid even while she is running the game.

(+54 9) 1155 601 661

Old 01-17-2010, 02:39 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I've used it to play Civilization 4 a lot, and compared to Vista and XP (using 4 GB RAM) it does a FAR better job. I really notice when I play a giant map and it gets late in the game, the performance of Windows 7 is much better.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum