Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-19-2010, 07:23 AM
v7n Mentor

OMG! Civilization V Announced!

My all time favourite game is about to get better!

Quote:
Civilization V takes this definitive strategy game series in new directions with the introduction of hexagon tiles allowing for deeper strategy, more realistic gameplay and stunning organic landscapes for players to explore as they expand their empire. The brand new engine orchestrates a spectacular visual experience that brings players closer to the Civ experience than ever, featuring fully animated leaders interacting with players from a screen-filling diplomatic scene and speaking in their native language for the first time. Wars between empires feel massive as armies dominate the landscape, and combat is more exciting and intense than ever before. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield. In addition to the new gameplay features debuting in Civilization V, an extensive suite of community, modding and multiplayer elements will also make an appearance.
Can't wait!

Source: http://www.crunchgear.com/2010/02/18...ts-way-yippee/

"The Dude Abides..." - Jeff Lebowski

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-19-2010, 11:00 AM
Contributing Member

I still haven;t played v4. I bring out Alpha Centura every so often though.

Old 02-19-2010, 11:30 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmike View Post
I still haven;t played v4.
By far the best of the series (till the fall anyway) Give it a try. However, I would warn friends and family of your impending absence as they won't see you again for months.

Quote:
I bring out Alpha Centura every so often though.
I'm still amazing they haven't updated that game. There's a huge demand for it amongst the fans but so far nothing. There is the Planetfall mod for Civ IV which is quite good at recreating Alpha Centauri but it's just not the same.

Some day hopefully...

"The Dude Abides..." - Jeff Lebowski

Old 02-19-2010, 04:03 PM
Senior Web Developer
Latest Blog:
None

one more turn ...

one more turn ...

one more turn ...

Well this can be dedicated to those who bashed 2K and Firaxis for their projects on social gaming. Not only the Civ franchise is not dead but it's going to get an awesome release. I saw the game dated September 1st on Steam, I'll be sure to preorder it as soon as it's available.

(+54 9) 1155 601 661

Old 02-20-2010, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yeh I covered its announcement on my site.

Here the link for anyone interested - http://www.gamercity.co.uk/civ-5-announced/

I absolutely loved the first games in the series and I managed to play all of them expect for the 4th I loved just going on a major tech push and getting tanks while the opponents still had things like Knights lol. Also building up the land that you had available was epic! Although I haven't played them on my new computer, I had to put up with the games being very slow after about 50 turns or so which kinda put me off. Hopefully now that I have a nice brand new computer I will be able to fully enjoy Civ 5!

P.s I read the rules and it says that as long as a link is helping the convo its fine. Hope this counts!

Old 02-21-2010, 08:55 AM

It's funny, some of the things they are introducing in Civ V (like ranged bombardment) has already been created by the Modding community for Civ IV

Old 03-25-2010, 08:27 PM

Well,I agree with the good conversation phase here in this forum.Wars between empires feel massive as armies dominate the landscape, and combat is more exciting and intense than ever before. The addition of ranged bombardment allows players to fire weapons from behind the front lines, challenging players to develop clever new strategies to guarantee victory on the battlefield. In addition to the new gameplay features debuting in Civilization V, an extensive suite of community, modding and multiplayer elements will also make an appearance.

Old 03-25-2010, 09:53 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

That's really good. I've been waiting for Civ 5. Hopefully I can get it without having to go through some hassles in the game store.

Old 03-30-2010, 06:38 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I had heard about this a few days ago and I think that it is a great news for the fans of the Civilization game series. It was kind of an exciting game when I tried it at my friends place but I did not have the time to play this turn based game at that time. I might try the new version of Civilization myself when I get the mood.

Old 03-30-2010, 01:11 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I have played all 4 of them, now I can't wait for Civ 5. Long hours of game play again are ahead. Too much time consuming but worth it.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum