Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-04-2010, 07:45 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Star Craft II: Wings of Liberty Release Date

I just stumbled this news in yahoo games. It looks like the release of the much awaited Star Craft II is early this July 27,2010

Quote:
A dozen years after changing the face of strategy gaming, the much-anticipated sequel to StarCraft has finally been dated.
Blizzard announced Monday that StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty would be hitting stores worldwide on July 27 of this year.

"We've been looking forward to revisiting the StarCraft universe for many years, and we're excited that the time for that is almost here," said Mike Morhaime, Blizzard CEO and cofounder.

"Thanks to our beta testers, we're making great progress on the final stages of development, and we'll be ready to welcome players all over the world to StarCraft II and the new Battle.net in just a few months."

It's big news for gamers, who have made no secret of their desire to get their hands on it. Keys granting access to the sequel's beta-test phase were such a hot ticket, they eventually hit auction sites like eBay for a good $300 a pop.

But it's also big news for Activision-Blizzard. Most expected the game to ship closer to the lucrative holiday period rather than the typically slow summer months. By releasing the game at the end of July, the company has ensured very little competition from similar brands. And that could mean some seriously monster sales.

The game's standard edition will retail for $59.99, though die-hard fans can plunk down $99 for a Collector's Edition that includes an artbook, soundtrack, behind-the-scene DVD and a flash drive containing the entire original StarCraft along with its expansion, Brood War.

Big numbers are certainly nothing new to StarCraft: according to Blizzard, the original has sold over 11 million units worldwide. The game has become a national pastime in Korea, proving popular enough to have spawned two television stations dedicated to showing competitive play.

Amazingly, it's not Blizzard's biggest property. That honor goes to World of Warcraft, which will receive its third expansion, Cataclysm, later this calendar year. Blizzard is also working on Diablo III, the third game in their hit role-playing series. It's currently planned for release in 2011.
Source:http://videogames.yahoo.com/events/p...uly-27/1398084

Last edited by technophobic; 05-04-2010 at 08:12 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 05-20-2010, 10:35 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I hope that they'll release that but FYI, Blizzard have this reputation of making a scene and after that they'll just change it again and again and again. Just like the Diablo 3 release date, I was waiting for that game last year and then another revision on their part. It's kinda pissin' to wait coz' they know that many gamers will love it and the popularity of that game was that great.

Old 05-21-2010, 01:46 AM
Contributing Member

Blizzard is the best company for PC games, except one thing - They never released their series according the announced time. 90% of them were delayed. But they are still the best anyway.

Find your Best Rated Web Hosting. Company Today.

Old 05-25-2010, 10:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I know how you feel because I am also tired of waiting for it too. The best thing I can do for now is to watch its gameplay in youtube.
[YT]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wq1USNR8xbY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wq1USNR8xbY&hl=en_US&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/YT]

Old 07-22-2010, 06:12 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Last week I saw a commercial on TV about starcarft II. I thought to myself - what took so long to make the game? The original was made something like 10 years ago?

But anyway, I just can not see buying starcraft II. Maybe if it had been released 5 or 6 years ago, but not today. I think blizzard took a little too long developing the game. A company should not be rewarded for slow development times.

Old 07-26-2010, 09:34 AM

Just got the game today. Extremely excited.

Old 07-27-2010, 06:49 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Today is the big day - how many people here are going to buy the new starcraft II?

I think I'am going to pass, think I'll just keep on waiting for diablo III.

Old 07-27-2010, 07:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It came out today, I cant wait till Diablo III

Old 07-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down Highly Anticipated “StarCraft II” Strategy Game Launches Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobo99 View Post
It came out today, I cant wait till Diablo III
Indeed it did. Mashable did a blog post about it. There is even pictures!!

Quote:
StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty, the first chapter in the sequel to one of the most wildly successful computer games of all time, went on sale today. It’s available in retail stores and as a digital download for Mac and Windows() computers.

Made by World of Warcraft() creators Blizzard Entertainment, StarCraft II is a real-time strategy game set in a science fiction universe. Players direct military units with spectacular powers in story-driven, single-player campaigns, or against one another on Blizzard’s Battle.net social gaming service.

The first StarCraft was a major event for competitive multiplayer gaming back in 1998. It sold 11 million units and literally became a national spectator sport in South Korea, helping to create the Korean Internet cafe culture that has birthed many of the world’s most renowned online and social games.

The sequel will be released in three parts. The first, Wings of Liberty, launched today and...
Continued at: “StarCraft II”

Old 07-28-2010, 12:47 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

WOW, did you hear that the collectors edition has a dog tag USB? LOL

Old 07-28-2010, 01:14 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

SC II seems to be getting mixed reviews - but most of them favorable.

On metacritic some people are giving SC II scores of 1 and 2 stars, saying that despite the long development time, there is not really anything new to the game.

I just do not understand "Why" it took blizzard 12 years to make SCII. This game better do just about everything - including fix me a peanut butter and honey sandwich and a glass of milk - with a development time that long.

I would imagine that with all of the hype its going to get grand reviews. Give it some time and lets hear from some of the old school SC players and see what they think.

That mashable article was a waste of time. All it said was "the game has been released, here are some pictures".

Old 08-02-2010, 06:25 AM
Contributing Member

I just finished Stacraft 2 in campaign mode. It made me both impressed and unimpressed in the same time.

The Good
1. Excellent story line like before - It is good that Blizzard can still maintain their old good plot and story from the Starcraft.

2. Various type of mission and playable style

3. Good graphic, not that best compare to the current game base line but it is still good if you think it has been developed for Geforce6600 graphic card series base line.

The Bad
1. No LAN and battle.net is required to be playable with your friends. Everything must be passed through battle.net only.

2. My local distributor is really sucks. I hope Blizzard would be more selective next time before chose this ****ty distributor to distribute their products. I had spend more expensive than the one selling in other region for the license, yet the most expensive game in my collection. Of course I do expected a lot more from my local distributor and not just a garbage package with an insulting manner to customer.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:46 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I heard that Terran Campaign is the only available Campaign for Star Craft II : Wings Of Liberty and we all have to wait for the expansions of the game in order to play as Protoss and Zerg in Campaign Mode

Old 08-02-2010, 02:03 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
I heard that Terran Campaign is the only available Campaign for Star Craft II : Wings Of Liberty and we all have to wait for the expansions of the game in order to play as Protoss and Zerg in Campaign Mode
In other words, your going to have to buy the game 3 times?

I remember 3 or 4 years ago there was talk of blizzard releasing 3 boxes for starcraft II - 1 box for each race. To be able to play all 3 races, you would have to buy the game 3 times.

Old 08-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post

I remember 3 or 4 years ago there was talk of blizzard releasing 3 boxes for starcraft II - 1 box for each race. To be able to play all 3 races, you would have to buy the game 3 times.
Exactly. If you need to play 3 races you have to wait for an expansion for each race and buy in total 3 games to have a complete set. I do not like this way, disgusting and greedy but what can I do but just ignore and not pay attention to their expansion to save the money. really bad

Old 08-04-2010, 02:34 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~kev~ View Post

Yes Kev.. Blizzard is going to milk the consumer.. dang!!

Quote:
Basically that means you only get to play as the Terran faction (with a few exceptions) for the solo portion, and must wait until later for the Zerg and Protoss campaigns to be released to see the entirety of the story.
Source: http://pc.ign.com/articles/110/1108642p1.html

Old 08-05-2010, 04:41 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

May I know the system requirements for Star Craft II?

Last edited by zero; 08-05-2010 at 04:44 PM.

Old 08-06-2010, 09:31 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Here is the System Requirements of Star Craft II

Quote:

StarCraft II System Requirements

The system requirements for the StarCraft II are as follows:
PC Requirements

PC Minimum System Requirements*:

* Windows® XP/Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 (Updated with the latest Service Packs) with DirectX® 9.0c
* 2.6 GHz Pentium® IV or equivalent AMD Athlon® processor
* 128 MB PCIe NVIDIA® GeForce® 6600 GT or ATI Radeon® 9800 PRO video card or better
* 12 GB available HD space
* 1 GB RAM (1.5 GB required for Windows Vista®/Windows® 7 users)
* DVD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection
* 1024X720 minimum display resolution

PC Recommended Specifications:

* Windows Vista®/Windows® 7
* Dual Core 2.4Ghz Processor
* 2 GB RAM
* 512 MB NVIDIA® GeForce® 8800 GTX or ATI Radeon® HD 3870 or better

*Note: Due to potential programming changes, the Minimum System Requirements for this game may change over time.
Mac Requirements

Mac Minimum System Requirements:

* Mac® OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer
* Intel® Processor
* NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon® X1600 or better
* 12 GB available HD space
* 2 GB Ram
* DVD-ROM drive
* Broadband Internet connection
* 1024X720 minimum display resolution

Mac Recommended Specifications:

* Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
* 4 GB system RAM
* NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon® HD 4670 or better
Source: http://us.blizzard.com/en-us/

Old 08-06-2010, 01:29 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks for information, it's time to upgrade my PC especially the memory(RAM) and Hard Disk Drive to meet the minimum and recommended specification for Star Craft II.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum