Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 02-23-2011, 01:46 AM
Contributing Member

Actually IMO there should be no movies based upon the video games coz they guys like to mess up the whole story over the screen. At least I can not watch the story being messing up in the movie. I am still waiting for the response about the Tron Legacy. Anyone has reviews on this latest example???

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-10-2011, 09:59 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

That's just because a game is a total animated they can animate as they wish to, unlike movies... so in games they do what looks tough in real and in result movies don't complete d requirements & expectations of a game..

Old 04-11-2011, 03:24 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
What really I hate the most in these video game turned movies is that they usually get high paid actors/actress to do the role that is not suited for them, and by that they ended up ruining the movie in the process.

Another thing that makes these movies fail to satisfy the moviegoers is the storyline.. they alter it.

Super Mario, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Max Payne etc. These are the examples of video games ruined because of its movie adaptation.

Moviegoers as well as gamers like me wants to see unadulterated storyline of video games being adapted into a movie.

those who are involved in the production,directing and especially the actors/actress of the movie should play the game and finish it first before they start to work on the movie.
Spot on that I agree, that is why I think the Uncharted film will be pooh because Mark Whalberg has be named as playing Nathan Drake instead of Nathan Fillion

Old 04-11-2011, 06:38 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think the main reason in such statement is that we are all firstly gamers, but after that video amateurs and real movie critics as well. So it depends on your first experience, I mean that if you've watched the movie first you like it, and vice versa.

Old 04-11-2011, 06:41 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I think that games based on films are very rushed so they are released at the same time as the film and activision seem to have the rights to the games and they do a rubbish job of it.

Old 04-15-2011, 09:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by technophobic View Post
What really I hate the most in these video game turned movies is that they usually get high paid actors/actress to do the role that is not suited for them, and by that they ended up ruining the movie in the process.

Another thing that makes these movies fail to satisfy the moviegoers is the storyline.. they alter it.

Super Mario, Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, Max Payne etc. These are the examples of video games ruined because of its movie adaptation.

Moviegoers as well as gamers like me wants to see unadulterated storyline of video games being adapted into a movie.

those who are involved in the production,directing and especially the actors/actress of the movie should play the game and finish it first before they start to work on the movie.
I agree! I think it is the storyline myself.

Old 04-17-2011, 12:14 PM

everyone involved is a player who is an expert in that field. This indeed should be studied considering a lot of fighting games that was adopted to serve as action movies

Old 04-17-2011, 12:43 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I think it is because there is not enough lore to create an awesome movie about it... I think if the WoW movie ever goes through that would be cool because it would be like LOTR fantasy style movie with a lot of lore to it whether you like the game or not. Ya never know though, just my opinion.

Old 03-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

hitman, the game is more cooler than the movie.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum