Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-28-2010, 10:31 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Kane and Lynch 2 Dog Days

Warning: Blood, Drug Reference, Intense Violence, Partial Nudity, Strong Language.

Every now and then a game comes along that takes what has literally been done to death but what makes it stand above the rest is it's style. I think Kane and Lynch is one such game as its story line really isn't too unique but what makes it stand above the rest is its atmosphere, grit and edgy style.

Quoted from kaneandlynch.com:

"Play as two of gaming's most disturbing and realistic criminals: Lynch - an impulsive, reckless, self medicated psychopath, and Kane - a tactical and calculating ex-mercenary."

"Experience their desperate and frantic fight through the back streets and rooftops of Shanghai's gritty underworld. They can trust no one, not even each other, as the cracks begin to appear in Lynch's sanity and Kane's stability. It's kill or be killed."

I just finished playing through the demo (available on Steam) the third time and I'm blown away by many of the elements this game subtly uses to breath authenticity into the gaming world. You first start off in a restaurant pretty much alone with your thoughts and the next thing you know, you're hiding behind a counter with gunfire erupting around you.

What's nice about the gunplay is it's not so much duck and cover and wait for something to show itself to blow it away. You have to be alert and somewhat pro-active to take out your foe.

If you sit around and just try to shoot it out, you will run out of ammo and be a sitting duck as the cops do try to flank you. Another nice queue is that you can actually cover behind objects and shoot without exposing yourself too much.

Also, if you take too many hits you can shoot as your dragging your body behind cover. If you can't hit your enemy directly you can shoot through a wall and shred it enough where your bullets will find there target. It seems they put a lot of work into correct destructive properties of materials such as wood so hiding behind a wall or a crate isn't always the best idea.

Eventually you find your way into a gunfight with the cops in the streets of Shanghai. Anyone who's seen Heat will recognize the style of gunfight as it's intense and really cinematic. People stuck in the crossfire are killed, drivers stuck in their cars also die while their vehicles are being riddled in the crossfire, you can even take human shields if you so desire.

The other thing I do like is weapons do not make it easy to kill, even headshots are a bit tricky. Weapon recoil feels pretty authentic and hitting your target is more and more difficult with distance and target cover.

If you're looking for something a bit new, aren't worried about excessive profanity and a high body count then you owe it to yourself to at least try the demo.

http://www.kaneandlynch.com/#/

My daughter rules!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum