Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-17-2011, 03:40 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Latest Tomb Raider

Is anyone waiting for the new Tomb Raider?

I'm curious about the changes they're making to Lara. But I have to wait a LONG time to get the game this side (In SA).

The last I read was that they were going back to her origins and how she became the tomb raider legend we know today. Could be interesting don't you think?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-03-2011, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

the last tomb raider i've played was, Tomb Raider: the Last revelation... and after that i don't have any update on tomb raider series again....

Old 02-04-2011, 12:01 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kembelar View Post
the last tomb raider i've played was, Tomb Raider: the Last revelation... and after that i don't have any update on tomb raider series again....
it's not a need for speed, but the game has always been really good. Even with tomb raider angel of darkness. Everyone said the game was bad and it wouldn't do well.

I'm just hoping the new adventure is as good as all her others.

Old 02-10-2011, 12:09 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

yeah i know what tomb raider is, the game play and the characters,... and i don't think it's a need for speed look a like game LOL?

Old 02-22-2011, 09:54 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

As I am great fan of Angelina Jolie so I love this game too. actually its really interesting. but I never finished coz I just got stuck into a round where she has to faced a lion then I never found the next way where to go next.

Old 02-22-2011, 09:57 PM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I have followed the tomb raider games from the first one. I think there are only a few I don't have and that's because they aren't available in South Africa. The only one I could not finish was anniversary. I got stuck at one spot close to the end where you had to battle this huge rock thing. I will probably have to finish it one day.

So far though, I've read that they haven't found a voice for her yet, and if they have, they aren't saying anything. I know millions that would love to be her voice.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:09 AM
Contributing Member

After launching of the Tomb Raider: Anniversary, they released another part one year later named Tomb Raider: Underworld, late in 2008. Now they are planning to release its next edition this year. Still no name is given to it and voice characters are still not finalized. So we may say that we are gonna see in late 2011, till than wait and watch.

Old 02-23-2011, 01:19 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I'll pretty sure am never gonna get tired of Tomb Raider's new stories in games. The moves and graphics are indeed improving every new game release but what I really like about the game is it's addicting as any shooting game.

Old 02-27-2011, 06:04 AM
Banned

Well I am a huge fan of this game , really like it.I have played all the part of it and looking forward to finish this latest part too ...

Old 02-27-2011, 09:38 PM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I have kept my eyes on "toys" Nvidia manufacture for my graphics cards, and my recent wishlist included a virtual reality set that you use while gaming. I would have to import it, but the thought of playing a tomb raider in virtual reality really gets me wanting the set more and more. It works with a pair of glasses and an infra red (I think ) receiver. the headset has built in earphones, (similar to the glasses you see with built in Bluetooth), but it make for an unbelievable gaming experience, I think.

Old 03-05-2011, 07:43 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I've played a number of the Tomb Raider Games and really like the fact that Laura is transitioning from a cartoon character into a real person. I love the fact the new Laura is a lot more "real world" with a more understandably proportioned body unlike all previous titles.

I also like the fact they've gone in a different direction with her face now introducing a little vulnerability into the look. Hopefully the game itself becomes a bit more serious and darker in nature. If so it could possibly be a series reboot which is really what their after.

Anyway, I have been keeping up on the news but sadly there's precious little in the way of details at this point.

My daughter rules!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:00 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

i have heard about Tomb Raider many times but haven't watched it...
anyway, thanks for sharing...

Old 03-05-2011, 08:14 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rakibaffiliate View Post
i have heard about Tomb Raider many times but haven't watched it...
anyway, thanks for sharing...
I think he's talking about the game here raki, not the movies.

My daughter rules!

Old 03-05-2011, 08:28 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

dear (spinning) alter-ego!
may be i told about the movie too...
anyway, thank you very much.
(please let your dog take some rest!)

Old 03-05-2011, 11:09 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

One of the few action adventure/non-FPS games that I ever liked. Looking forward to this title release.

Old 03-06-2011, 01:57 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by alter-ego View Post
I think he's talking about the game here raki, not the movies.
erm if you're referring to me, then the he would actually be a she

I have followed lara from her first game to her last. Underworld rests on my shelf recently played to the end and I'm chomping at the bit to get the next one. Usually a new tomb raider is released after two years, but this time it seems its taking longer, but that may be my own impatience.....

Either way though, The gameplay has always improved regardless of the hiccups caused by angel of darkness, which I still believe is an excellent game, I think the best thing they could have done though was let crystal dynamics take her over. She has become more human, and more proportioned, but we're also getting to see more of her story, which demystifies her slightly.

Old 03-06-2011, 07:14 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
erm if you're referring to me, then the he would actually be a she
If anyone ever wanted to know why my dog spins, it's because of things like this.

Sorry about that Dr

Now I just need some help pulling my paw from my mouth.

My daughter rules!

Old 03-06-2011, 07:27 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
I have followed lara from her first game to her last. Underworld rests on my shelf recently played to the end and I'm chomping at the bit to get the next one. Usually a new tomb raider is released after two years, but this time it seems its taking longer, but that may be my own impatience.....

Either way though, The gameplay has always improved regardless of the hiccups caused by angel of darkness, which I still believe is an excellent game, I think the best thing they could have done though was let crystal dynamics take her over. She has become more human, and more proportioned, but we're also getting to see more of her story, which demystifies her slightly.
Actually they did release a Tomb Raider last year, Tomb Raider Guardian of Light; you can actually dl it on Steam I believe. The game reviewed rather well but I never played it because it was a "God view" game rather than the typical 3rd person view most of us are accustomed to when playing Laura.

I couldn't agree more with your take on AOD. There was such a kerfuffle around how buggy this game was and how much the franchise as a whole had suffered huge financial losses due to either it or the movie (each blaming each other if I remember correctly).

Whatever the reason, Core Design was stripped from developing Tomb Raider Games and it was handed over to Crystal Dynamics. This is why you saw a rather drastic change in both gameplay and presentation between AOD and Legend.

Here's some light reading on the Core Design and AOD story:

http://www.tombraiderwiki.com/index.php/Core_Design

My daughter rules!

Old 03-06-2011, 10:56 PM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I will take a look at it when I have had my skype meetings for the day. It sound good and the graphics look amazing.

AAAAAH angel of darkness had so many problems. When I bought anniversary, I got a free dvd that had a documentary about the games and the character. Right down to how she got her name. Everyone played pass the blame when AOD bombed, but they were all sure of a few things though, It was released too early, and the controls was a disaster.

I remember being all over my keyboard trying to get her to do anything. The fact that she couldn't hang onto anything for too long had me up stress creek without a paddle, and then you still had to deal with talking to everyone and interacting, asking questions and the like.

One thing I will say though, the storyline was good, the graphics, well if you looked at its predecessor, was infinitely better, and the game was difficult to play, which had my navigator and myself biting at our nails and fists when Lara refused to comply with her controls.

Anniversary was a much better game though. I remember comparing it to the original game and found that they stuck pretty close to it. Luckily though I only had to fight one T-Rex instead of two, which in the new game would have been, for me, unplayable. The controls were a lot easier to get to grips with and I didn't once have to think of installing my game controller.... which seemed prevalent in AOD.

The only thing that really took time to master were the adrenaline shots with the centaurs. It was the only way to even try beat them, which meant that my navigator and I played for about a month before we finally got past them, out of sheer frustration.

I also saw that square Enix now publishes the game instead of Eidos, so that might also be another plus for the game. My favorite out of all of them? Would hands down be underworld. I had tears in my eyes when Croft manor was blown to smithereens, and when Alistair died at the hands of the doppelganger. We spent games getting to know them only to have them taken away suddenly. It was sad really, and getting to know the ins and outs of croft manor, exploring, seeing how she lived etc. and now its gone, until its rebuilt.

Old 03-10-2011, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I didn't even know that there was a new one coming out, thanks for the post I'll be looking for information on it. Tomb Raider underworld was pretty good but my favourite was either Tomb Raider 2 or 3.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum