Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-17-2011, 02:56 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Max Payne 3 Full of Bullets, Bullet-Time and Grit [PREVIEW]

Quote:
Max Payne drifts into his New Jersey apartment with fellow ex-cop Raul Passos to swig some liquor and forget about the child he accidentally shot in the field when mafia thugs swarm his place, guns ready. Payne and Passos are about to shoot their way out of trouble.

So starts Mashable‘s preview of Max Payne 3, the newest game in the gritty, noir-shooter series. Rockstar gave us a look at the early build of two levels that showed off the gun-play, game mechanics and new story.

Max Payne 3 finds its eponymous hero some years after the previous game. Payne is now an ex-cop and travels to Brazil to work in private security for a Brazilian real estate mogul. Payne is tasked with finding the....
Continued at: http://mashable.com/2011/12/16/max-payne-3-preview/

Very cool video in this blog post!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-18-2011, 09:01 AM
Artist & Motion Designer
Latest Blog:
None

Wow talk about stroking it. Blah blah we're awesome blah blah blah beautifully rendered blah blah thousands of etc blah... *yawn*

Old 12-18-2011, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

This is going to be a good game. I love the Max Payne games. They're so underrated.

Old 02-24-2012, 03:35 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Max Payne 3 PC Screenshots Arrive

More news about this.

Quote:
Today, Rockstar has released the first screenshots from the upcoming PC version of Max Payne 3. If you’re out of the loop, here’s how they describe the new entry in the series:

For Max Payne, the tragedies that took his loved ones years ago are wounds that refuse to heal. No longer a cop, close to washed up and addicted to pain killers, Max takes a job in Săo Paulo, Brazil, protecting the family of wealthy real estate mogul Rodrigo Branco, in an effort to finally escape his troubled past. But as events spiral out of his control, Max Payne finds himself alone on the streets of an unfamiliar city, desperately searching for the truth and fighting for a way out.

According to Rockstar, the game will “feature gloriously increased resolution and....
Continued at: http://www.webpronews.com/max-payne-...arrive-2012-02

Check out the youtube video.

Old 02-27-2012, 02:04 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I hope it is as good as the first one..! 2nd Max payne was kind of lame.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:05 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Ya, I also think that it will be good like Max Payne 1. I really want to play it.

Old 03-01-2012, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I was really impressed with the other Max Payne games, something dark and cool about them, having said that I'm not sure how much mindless John Woo style shooting I can engage in anymore . . .

Old 03-16-2012, 03:12 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

First Look: ‘Max Payne 3′ Takes Cinematic Shooters to the Next Level

Another video to watch in this blog post. Grab some popcorn.

Quote:
In crafting Max Payne 3, Rockstar Games says it wanted to put the “art of shooting back in the shooter.”

This follows the spirit of the first two games, created by Finnish developer Remedy Entertainment. The Max Payne franchise always paid homage to the gritty John Woo action style. Now the series is back from an eight-year hiatus, and Rockstar wants to continue the strong traditions of the first two, while exploring new gameplay ideas. Rockstar released a video that explores some gameplay elements of the sequel on Thursday.

We had the opportunity to see a highly polished chapter of Max Payne 3 at Rockstar’s New York offices this week. From what we saw, the game will truly..
Continued at: http://mashable.com/2012/03/15/max-payne-3-first-look/

Old 03-28-2012, 10:23 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Max Payne 3 Multiplayer Video Shows The Online Goods

Here is more news on this game.

Quote:
We are getting our first look at the online gameplay feature from Max Payne 3. The game features online modes like “Gang Wars” and “Payne Killer.” they have also managed to bring Max Payne’s signature “bullet time” to the multiplayer element. This is what Rockstar had to say on their official site:

In the video above (also viewable in HD from the Videos sections of both the Rockstar Games and Max Payne 3 sites), see how Max Payne 3 Multiplayer brings the franchise’s combination of highly responsive and cinematic shooting action to the realm of...
Continued at: http://www.webpronews.com/max-payne-...-goods-2012-03

I like the video.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Max Payne 3 Gets A Launch Trailer Full Of Bullets

Nice trailer video to watch in this blog post.

Quote:
We’ve been covering Max Payne 3 for a while now. The long-time coming sequel to Remedy’s excellent bullet-time noir action series has fans anticipating what may be the best Max Payne yet. You still might be on the fence though. After all the trailers and all the hype, you’re still not convinced that Rockstar can pull off something as good as Remedy can.

For the skeptical gamer, Rockstar has finally released the launch trailer for Max Payne 3. It’s the best look you’re going to get of the game before it launches and all the let’s plays creep up on YouTube. To that end, Rockstar has something to prove.

The trailer gives us a good look at the environments players will be visiting throughout the course of the game. It also gives us a good look at the return of...
Continued at: http://www.webpronews.com/max-payne-...ullets-2012-04

Old 04-22-2012, 08:53 PM

I actually just picked up Max Payne on my new iPad; but have yet to really mess with it much beyond the first 5 minutes. The story was pretty messed up though so far, so I'm sure it gets pretty entrenched in drama. I've really only heard good things about it.

I hate being late to the party like this; now I'll have to play through Max Payne 2 before picking up 3. Arrgh!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum