Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-31-2012, 12:03 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Farmville

i like to play the farmville game at first but after the changes occurred in the game made me unhappy and leave the game. Not interesting at all now.

What do you say? Old farmville or the new one?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-21-2012, 01:41 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Old only. I don't know much about new features or versions but 2 years back I've played the game (I loved it)

Old 02-21-2012, 11:28 AM
v7n Mentor

I think Farmville's been discussed more than once here before

But as far as old vs. new is concerned ... I kind of liked it ok when I played it a few years ago. I go back now and I see it's nothing but quest after quest, begging your friends to send you TONS of stuff, without which you can't really play. Gets old fast. I have quite a few friends who play, so I can limit my posting to them, but Zynga now has a kind of "safe list" that you message to, and it keeps trying little tricks to add folks to it. I'm sure they've sneaked a few past me, and I don't like to think that I'm sending FV stuff to people I know who don't want to see it.

You can see where it's going too ... a never-ending building of tasks and mastery skills. If you pursued that kind of completion, it would cost far more time and money that I am even willing to begin to invest in a game like that. I don't see it as "fun" at all anymore, unfortunately.

Old 02-21-2012, 11:37 AM

i never played farmville, i heard a lot about it but never interested..

Old 02-23-2012, 08:55 AM

The old way they had Farmville was so much better, but once they started to make changes within the game, it almost became a hassle to play. If they would return the game to the way it used to be I might go back and play it.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:05 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

OMG. today I've gone through the farmville game (after 1 and half year), there's a lots of changes in the game, i can find it as interesting. I can say that I've missed the game which I've loved a lot

Old 02-23-2012, 09:58 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by c5c1lia View Post
OMG. today I've gone through the farmville game (after 1 and half year), there's a lots of changes in the game, i can find it as interesting. I can say that I've missed the game which I've loved a lot
Uh-huh ....

Just TRY to finish all the missions they throw at you for one month, then let us know how you feel about it.

If you forget the missions and all the buildings (I did for a year or so) it can actually be a lot of fun. Most of the rewards aren't worth the hassle anyway. And you should have about 4 farms now ...

Old 02-23-2012, 03:04 PM

Its not the game that I don't like its the control panel, what I dont like about it is that everytime they ad a new misson they change it alitle more. Its like as soon as you get used to it, they have to change it.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:07 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I also love Farmville and used to play this game.. but now I get bored from this game... want some new one..

Old 02-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Contributing Member

I could never see the appeal of Farmville. If I am going to play games, I like something a little more advanced. Either that or go play games with the girls on the dating sites. rofl

Old 02-23-2012, 09:26 PM
v7n Mentor

Well, I usually like Final Fantasy and similar games. Farmville certainly isn't in the same set. But I found myself sitting on a mountain at home for days on end without TV or phone reception, not much to do ... and I actually made friends within some FB games (more through FarmTown and Castle Age, but it spilled over), so that's the reason I kind of stuck with it off and on.

Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpin_cipp View Post
Its not the game that I don't like its the control panel, what I dont like about it is that everytime they ad a new misson they change it alitle more. Its like as soon as you get used to it, they have to change it.
Now that is true. It'd be nice if they'd fix the glitches instead of toying around constantly with regular features like the controls.

Old 02-24-2012, 08:41 AM

I agree they spend so much time toying with the everything else, but they never seem to want to fix any of the glitches, they just want to keep adding new mission, they need to fix all the problems first then add new missions

Old 02-24-2012, 03:00 PM
v7n Mentor

Yes, it's getting beyond annoying. Even when people DO send me all the stuff I'm supposed to be collecting, half the time it never shows up. Time spent with FV is more like I am working for them ... that's about the frustration level and enjoyment level.

Actually, I enjoy my work MORE than FV, now that I think about it.

Guess it's about time to give it up again. I hate to disappoint my friends, but oh well ...

I think some of them are getting fed up with it as well.

Old 02-24-2012, 05:49 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Farmville changed? I'll have to check it out this weekend. I play Mafia Wars regularly, but there's always so many challenges, missions, buildings, etc, etc, etc all going on at once. I could play 8 hours a day and still not get everything done. I've boycotted the last two buildings. They're just a ploy for Zygna to get you to open your wallet and pay them for reward points to finish them.

I'm about to give up - games are supposed to be fun - not FRUSTRATING!

Wakaya Perfection -I love Fiji
------------------------

Old 02-27-2012, 02:06 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Farmville gets boring later on its just fun at the start..! there ain;'t mch goals .

Old 02-27-2012, 02:37 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlineedublog View Post
Farmville gets boring later on its just fun at the start..! there ain;'t mch goals .

Well, I don't play farmville or any other FB games (not anymore ), but if you like farm simulation and want something with some sort of goal, I suggest you check out the Harvest Moon series of games.

But be warned: They are highly addictive and can easily suck up days of your life .

If you want something with a bit more action (harvest moon is mainly farming and NPC interaction) you can check out rune factory.

Old 02-27-2012, 10:15 AM
v7n Mentor

Don't know if you've been in lately. I found the same ... OK, at first, then it quickly got boring and not many goals.

Now I come back to check it out and it's just the opposite. An INSANE amount of goals. You could probably spend 8 hours a day on Farmville too and not get everything done. There are missions to do step by step (seems like often there are 3 or so going on at one time), with time limits of course. New buildings rolls out ... my guess would be on the order of about 3 per week it seems. That's what I've seen. And just plain "new stuff" like designing horses. I'm probably forgetting something. That's in addition to all the mastery stars (which just about the time I finished most of them up, they invented "super" ones so you get to do the same ones all over again, after you con friends into clicking to get you "approved" for the right to even plant the things). Not to mention all the breeding goals they had.

Best thing I see is all the storage stuff, like big signs to store all your mastery signs. I had so much JUNK sitting around, it wasn't like I got to design it anyway. Waaayyyy too much stuff, it looks like a 4-season farm and amusement park on steroids. Well, at least it could. I don't like a lot of that junk and sell it, but I still have every available spot filled on several farms. It's insane.

And you have to ask your friends for SO much ... not only that, but I know sometimes they click for me and I don't get the credit anyway, so I have to ask again. That happens very frequently. So you might as well multiply by 2 or 3 the number of friend requested clicks you need. I'm not sure if everyone has the same trouble, but I wouldn't doubt it.

I still go in sometimes just because ... I obviously have no sense, LOL. At least I pretty much gave up all the other games I used to play. There wouldn't be enough hours in the day to keep up with 5 or 6 of them, and frankly, I have a life outside of Zynga, LOL.

I had a rather fun little dragon battle and conquer game that I was enjoying because a good many of my friends were in it too, and we had an alliance going. I think I have not had time to even visit it in several months. My friends are probably all mad at me. I wouldn't be surprised (or blame them) if they kicked me out of the alliance and raid my castle every day, LOL. Just not enough time for stuff like that, though.

Old 02-29-2012, 01:09 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I am not interested in playing Farmville. I never played it.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum