Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-02-2012, 07:08 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

OK, Can We Have Super Mario for iPhone Now?

I love Super Mario Brothers and wish I had it on my iPhone. If i did, i'd get nothing done at work for sure. lmao

Check out this blog post about Nintendo.

Quote:

Nintendo is in trouble. The Japanese gaming giant, which has long felt building pressure from mobile computing platforms, is now officially losing money. Lots of it.

Last week, the company reported an operating loss of $458 million, the first such deficit in its long history. While larger economic trends are partially to blame, it certainly doesn't help that Nintendo is refusing to consider the one thing that could possibly save it.

Since the iPhone debuted in 2007, iOS has steadily grown as a popular gaming platform. The momentum has only continued with Apple's annual hardware upgrades and the introduction of the iPad in 2010. At any given point in time, the "popular" tab of the iTunes App Store is practically overflowing with games.

Despite this, Nintendo has resisted developing games for iOS or Android and instead prefers to stick to its own hardware. It's time for that to change.

Nintendo owns some of the most beloved video game franchises on the planet, starting most obviously with....
Continued at: http://www.readwriteweb.com/archives...iphone-now.php

Your thoughts on the blog post?

Will they recover? Would bringing there games to the Mobile platform make them profitable?

They need to get a new generation of kids interested in there games. Us old school folks grew up playing on the nintendo and loved Mario Brothers. Well i know that i did on the very first nintendo. lol

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum