Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-30-2012, 07:10 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Guild wars 2 is just fantastic

I never thought I would be playing another MMO after WoW. I have tried a couple like The Secret World and EVE Online, but they didn't really get me hooked.

I got GW2 just a few days after release and I have been playing it regularly since then. I'm currently a lvl 63 ranger and it has been a lot of fun leveling up. I recently tried world vs world and it was really nice, but a bit confusing at the start. GW2 is a breath of fresh air in the MMO-genre in my opinion.

What do you think about GW2?

Last edited by imwebmasters; 09-30-2012 at 07:16 AM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 09-30-2012, 11:58 PM
Contributing Member

A bunch of my buddies are playing it. I just hope it doesn't end up being another WoW and they discard their lives just to be on the game 18 hours a day. (Although not many people do this, it's something I think about 1% of WoW gamers do.)

I probably won't play it simply out of the "Fear Factor" of getting hooked. I have an addictive personality, which I prefer to utilize for my business.

Old 10-01-2012, 08:24 AM
The Controversial Coder
Latest Blog:
None

I don't understand the interest in GW2 - there's no end-game, WvWvW is unbalanced and the personal story ending was so very disappointing. It certainly wasn't worth the high price-tag for me. I think it would be a more competitive PvP game if there were some form of ranking system, IE LoL or WoW Arena etc.

Old 10-01-2012, 12:49 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I haven't reached end-game yet so.. but I've had a good time which I haven't had since the glory-days of WoW. I don't really expect that much of a PvE end-game since there's no incentive to keep subscribers. Yeah, some sort of organized PvP would've been nice. It has only been out for a month so it might come later.

Old 10-02-2012, 02:35 PM

Quote:
I probably won't play it simply out of the "Fear Factor" of getting hooked. I have an addictive personality, which I prefer to utilize for my business.
Lol I'm in the same boat as Lawrence. I used to be way too addicted to WoW. Also, the videos I've seen for Guild Wars don't interest me enough to actually buy the game.

I'm kind of waiting for Blizzard's next huge MMO they're planning. It probably won't be out for a very long time, but when it's released, I may play.

Old 10-30-2012, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member

Guild wars 2 is just fantastic

I played the first GW and the idea that you can fight players from other servers is simply catchy but right now I'm still hooked with league of legends. This one I can play 2-3 games a day and is free from worrying about going online to level up once you reach the level cap.

Old 11-01-2012, 05:11 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

i have never played an mmo... but guild wars 2 makes me consider it... right now im stuck on prototype and a old school rpg game for p21 called tales of destiny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by henrykconrad View Post
I played the first GW and the idea that you can fight players from other servers is simply catchy but right now I'm still hooked with league of legends. This one I can play 2-3 games a day and is free from worrying about going online to level up once you reach the level cap.
L.O.L looked like a cool game... i saw a youtube video of some guy fighting star fire from TEEN TITIANS, GOOO!

Fighter jet games

Last edited by snakeair; 11-01-2012 at 05:12 PM. Reason: merged posts - use the multi-quote feature

Old 11-03-2012, 10:38 AM

I have been wanting to try GW2 but unfortunately no time to do it right now. I played Lineage 2 since the NA open beta as well as ran a few large private servers for that it. I got so addicted to that game I damn near lost my job.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum