Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 03-20-2013, 03:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Our trouble finding new competitive PC gaming

I am currently part of a small PC gaming community that has changed in numbers since 2007 when it was established. We originally came from a Medal of Honor series background ( Allied Assault, Spearhead) and started off the community through the release of Call of Duty : Modern Warfare playing both competitively and for fun.

As of the last 3 years or so the need for a new competitive game has been high but developers now seem to have got in to the idea of you make a game, you throw out DLC at a cost every few months, you don't give any access to modifications for the game, you play it how we want you to play it! until the next big release next year. Games aren't made to last anymore.

For this reason our community have now gone through numerous games such as: COD:Modern Warfare 2 & 3,COD:Black Ops, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Battlefield 3, all with a lifespan and servers running for around 3 months or so. At this stage it is too late to get into the Counter Strike scene for us.

This year sees the release of 2 games which we are looking forward to play real competition in. (e-sports) Rekoil and Shootmania: Storm

I'm in the closed Beta testing for Rekoil and I can see this being a great back to basics 'raw' FPS game if they can pull it off. I'm also in the open beta for Shootmania:Storm and despite this being a different kind of FPS to what we are used to it has HUGE potential.

I won't link these games because i'm not here to promote them, just to see what people's opinions on this topic are, does anyone play these games? Has anyone been in a gaming community/clan that has also been through this recently?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum