Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-29-2013, 07:44 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Xbox One Controller Will Cost You A Pretty Penny

hmmm

Quote:
The PS3 and Xbox 360 normalized the idea of paying more than $50 for a controller. That trend will not just continue with the next generation of consoles, but they’re also going to become more expensive.

Over the weekend, Microsoft announced the prices for some of the accessories that will launch alongside the Xbox One. A wireless controller for the console will cost $59.99 – the cost of a new game. In comparison, the current Xbox 360 wireless controller costs $49.99.

In more news that will make your wallet cry out in agony, the product page confirms that the Xbox One wireless controller will continue the....
Continued at: http://www.webpronews.com/xbox-one-c...-penny-2013-07

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-29-2013, 10:46 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

In regards to the article, as for me the price point of a wireless controller for $59.99 is not that surprising and not to high. But what is a concern and surprising is the methodology of Microsoft on how to actually charge the wireless controller. I feel it's a disservice to the gaming community to ask gamers and consumers to actually purchase batteries or buy their play and charge kit.

Currently I have the PS3 and all I have to do to charge my wireless controller is either plug it into the PS3 USB port or hook it up to a PC via a USB cable. That's it nothing more and nothing less. I never had to buy battery's or any additional accessories just to charge my wireless controller. Maybe they will "backtrack" on this mentality as they have in the past changed their mind on other aspects of the XBox One.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:52 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I've always been astounded at the price of controllers for consoles, but as Registernuke is pointing out, the Xbox one's is awful.

Guess it's another reason to get a PS4 for the next gen.

Old 09-11-2013, 10:45 AM

The way it looks, PS4 is going to absolutely dominate the next phase of console wars. Really, the X-BOX one is going to be way to pervasive into your privacy, and try to link everything you do to your social networks. I'm kinda thinking there is enough of that, and when I get on my console I usually do it to escape all that.

I have both a ps3 and xbox 360. The only time the xbox gets turned on is for Alan Wake, but Uncharted is just as good if not better, so now the xbox is just a paperweight.

Old 09-24-2013, 03:41 PM

Is this anything special? xbox as well as PS controllers have been close to this price at every launch.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum