Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Gamers Forum Whether you're a casual or hardcore gamer, you can discuss games tips and strategies; share cheats, screenshots, game movies and more! Online games, all PC and Console titles and genres welcomed.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-27-2016, 05:03 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Question The last COD I'll ever buy

I used to love the COD series but for the last few years nothing about the game really excites me anymore. I was very excited about the remastered COD 4 MW version this year but haven't played it very much. The game doesn't feel the same as it used to. I'm not sure if it's the new generation of players or maybe if I've just grown up some and have other priorities in my life. So, this might really be the last COD I'll ever buy. Does anyone else feel this way?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-21-2017, 04:26 AM
Contributing Member

The last time I bought a COD was advanced warfare. Although I keep telling myself no more COD after this, I keep making impulse buys of COD time & again. But this time it looks like I'm done & dusted. Played multiplayer of several CODs over & over. Most CODs have a great but very short storyline. So I'm beginning to see less & value in buying a COD. Plus, as you said, you start having other priorities in life.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Never been a fan personally.

Do you like Splinter cell games? Much more tactical and personally I find them quite gripping at times. Mastering the controls, to become fully proficient, is a task though.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:32 AM
Contributing Member

Heard a lot about splinter cell. Always wanted to try it, but never could. It's a good thing I haven't sold my PS3 yet. I can go back to some of the older ones in the series. But to be honest I prefer fast paced games where you in all guns blazing. I'm currently in the middle of Metal Gear Solid: Phantom pain & although it's a brilliant tactical game, the pace is agonizingly show. You crawl around far too much, almost certainly die if discovered by the enemy & wait way too long for things like change of enemy guard duty. I'm beginning to feel I might relapse to another COD!

Old 01-21-2017, 04:01 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Heard a lot about splinter cell. Always wanted to try it, but never could. It's a good thing I haven't sold my PS3 yet. I can go back to some of the older ones in the series. But to be honest I prefer fast paced games where you in all guns blazing. I'm currently in the middle of Metal Gear Solid: Phantom pain & although it's a brilliant tactical game, the pace is agonizingly show. You crawl around far too much, almost certainly die if discovered by the enemy & wait way too long for things like change of enemy guard duty. I'm beginning to feel I might relapse to another COD!
When you get more proficient at it (having played them all) it's not that slow, but I do understand your pain. It actually culminated in me throwing a PS2 into a wall many moons ago, after almost getting where id been trying to reach for weeks of play, only to be shot by a sniper disguised as a bloody tree from 2 miles away.

SNAKE, SNAKE, snnnnnakkkkeeeee!!!!! Dies.

Old 01-21-2017, 11:09 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
When you get more proficient at it (having played them all) it's not that slow, but I do understand your pain. It actually culminated in me throwing a PS2 into a wall many moons ago, after almost getting where id been trying to reach for weeks of play, only to be shot by a sniper disguised as a bloody tree from 2 miles away.

SNAKE, SNAKE, snnnnnakkkkeeeee!!!!! Dies.
Which one was this? MGS4: Guns of the Patriots?

Old 01-22-2017, 01:43 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Can't remember i'm afraid. I just remember the last scene fighting a 'big boss' type character, in a field of wavy grass (silver in colour if memory serves me) armed only with a single firing pistol. ^ head shots required! Took me forever!

Old 01-22-2017, 04:35 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Old 01-22-2017, 09:30 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Not you Snake!

Old 01-22-2017, 09:33 AM
Contributing Member

I was wondering, is your ID inspired by Solid Snake of the Metal gear series? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Solid_Snake

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Forum Lobby > Gamers Forum

Closed Thread