Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Getting Started With V7N

Getting Started With V7N If you are new to the V7N community this is a good place to start!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-12-2011, 09:32 AM

is there any place where I can promote a paid forum posting site for free here?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-12-2011, 11:28 AM
Administrator

We have the Marketplace. Pick the correct section, read the rules within that section and place your ad.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:40 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
??

Some of my comments have been deleted. Why is that? Let me know if anything I wrote was against the rules. It is my time sharing in here, after all. Thanks, Mel.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelS View Post
Some of my comments have been deleted. Why is that? Let me know if anything I wrote was against the rules. It is my time sharing in here, after all. Thanks, Mel.
One of the threads that you had responded to was removed and that OP was banned for reason's we not discussing on the forum. That's why you missing a few posts.

You have did nothing wrong, just someone else who is no longer here did something wrong.

I hope this helps answer your question a little.

Old 01-15-2011, 03:47 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
??

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
One of the threads that you had responded to was removed and that OP was banned for reason's we not discussing on the forum. That's why you missing a few posts.

You have did nothing wrong, just someone else who is no longer here did something wrong.

I hope this helps answer your question a little.
Oh, I see now, many thanks for your quick response!!

Old 01-15-2011, 03:48 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Your welcome.

Old 01-16-2011, 06:29 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

clarification in the market place and others

1.) I just want to clarify, I'm planning to post in the forum market place however i'm quite hesitant because i'm planning to link some pages in my website

like for example:

a.) the rates i'm planning to link our rate pages because it would be a long list if i post all the rates.

b.) and reason to avail our service... i'm planning to link our video presentation.

c.) and others links relevant to our service.

are we allowed to do that?

2.) I started a thread in the forum management "do you know what your forum visitors want" and i'm quite itchy to reply on the thread to add my views however i'm quite reluctant because so far only four person replied on the topic and i'm quite hesitant because i don't want to be accused on bumping up the thread so that it would be on the top of the forum again.

am i allowed to reply on my thread?

Old 01-16-2011, 08:36 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethoven View Post
1.) I just want to clarify, I'm planning to post in the forum market place however i'm quite hesitant because i'm planning to link some pages in my website

like for example:

a.) the rates i'm planning to link our rate pages because it would be a long list if i post all the rates.

b.) and reason to avail our service... i'm planning to link our video presentation.

c.) and others links relevant to our service.

are we allowed to do that?
In the Marketplace you are only allowed to have 1 live link (unless you have a script, then you are allowed to have a link to the demo also).

Otherwise, you can pick the most important link in your ad and have it live using the link tool. If you go to the Advanced screen and untick Automatically parse link item before posting that will stop your other links being live when you use http:// or www in the front.

Reply if I didn't explain that well enough.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bethoven View Post

2.) I started a thread in the forum management "do you know what your forum visitors want" and i'm quite itchy to reply on the thread to add my views however i'm quite reluctant because so far only four person replied on the topic and i'm quite hesitant because i don't want to be accused on bumping up the thread so that it would be on the top of the forum again.

am i allowed to reply on my thread?
Yes you are allowed to reply to your own thread. What would be the point of opening a discussion if you couldn't? Just don't post a bunch of thank yous to ideas/replies you felt were good. That is what the rep button is for. (the green circle with a + at the top of the person's reply).

Old 01-23-2011, 04:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Where does this go?

Okay, I'm not exactly new here, but since I took a long break from the internet and only recently started again, I sure feel new.

Anyways, where is everyone posting CMS topics?

I wanted to add this in site/forum suggestions but can't find that either.

I really, really, REALLY think that adding a CMS thread would be a great addition to the v7n forums. There is so much going on right now with CMS's, add-ons, plug-ins, components, etc, etc.

Old 01-23-2011, 12:25 PM
Administrator

If you meant Content Management Systems:
Coding - to discuss the types available, plugins and stuff
Blogging - if for a blog

**Look through exsiting recently active threads. Think there might be a sim one on the go already

If you meant Contact Management Systems:
Marketing

Old 01-28-2011, 09:29 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris1974 View Post
Okay, I'm not exactly new here, but since I took a long break from the internet and only recently started again, I sure feel new.

Anyways, where is everyone posting CMS topics?

I wanted to add this in site/forum suggestions but can't find that either.

I really, really, REALLY think that adding a CMS thread would be a great addition to the v7n forums. There is so much going on right now with CMS's, add-ons, plug-ins, components, etc, etc.
While it's not really a forum problem, you can always post a suggestion in the v7n Support Forums: http://www.v7n.com/forums/v7n-forum-support/

As for CMS Support, CMS' offer so much in the way of configuration/usability/functionality that it may be difficult to have a general CMS forum. When using a CMS, there are so many elements to cover IMHO it's better that the individual elements are more specific in topic for example:As you can see, I believe we have CMS covered only we've chosen to offer much of our forum content in the most specific manner possible. In this way one does not have to muddle through pages upon pages of vague CMS related content. Instead you can navigate to a more specific forum and get more specific results/input/feedback to your query.

My daughter rules!

Old 02-21-2011, 12:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Hello moderator... I want to ask a question.. why there are some banned accounts with even 6k posts .. Little afraid about what to post and what to not.. If these type of ids can be blocked then mine is nowhere.. and what kind of blocks are these? is it for short term or long term.. ?

sORRY if someone asked it before..

thanks
S
please remove "*"

Old 02-21-2011, 01:08 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Hello Seoproservices

Please note that i cannot discuss a specifc case or member, due to our stringent Privacy Policy.

The average person that joins our community can be assured that they will have no problems. Assuming that they abide by our rules, which are mainly common sense and courtesy, they will rarely if ever be contacted for moderation actions.

The very last thing we wish to do is to ban members, but sadly, we do so quite often. The major reasons for banning of members would be repeated spamming, insulting or attacking other members and multiple Id's. At this stage, post count is of no concern, the rules apply to all members equally.

In almost all cases the Moderators will try and educate and coax the member into compliance, but, if this cant be achieved then ejection from the community is immediate and permanent. This community is a family friendly community and all members are required to act in that manner.

I trust this answers your question.

Regards,
Snooks

Old 02-21-2011, 01:47 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snooks View Post
Hello Seoproservices

Please note that i cannot discuss a specifc case or member, due to our stringent Privacy Policy.

The average person that joins our community can be assured that they will have no problems. Assuming that they abide by our rules, which are mainly common sense and courtesy, they will rarely if ever be contacted for moderation actions.

The very last thing we wish to do is to ban members, but sadly, we do so quite often. The major reasons for banning of members would be repeated spamming, insulting or attacking other members and multiple Id's. At this stage, post count is of no concern, the rules apply to all members equally.

In almost all cases the Moderators will try and educate and coax the member into compliance, but, if this cant be achieved then ejection from the community is immediate and permanent. This community is a family friendly community and all members are required to act in that manner.

I trust this answers your question.

Regards,
Snooks
Thanks Mod.. I got it.. Have a great day..!! Cheers I have beer if you want to join..
please remove "*"

Old 02-26-2011, 05:39 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Posting in the "sell web services" section would fit you best. http://www.v7n.com/forums/services/

Be sure to read the sticky threads in that section before you create the thread.

Old 02-28-2011, 11:33 AM

I gone along with all the rules& ragulation here and and than after could not find anything like suggests to offering about social book here,in spite of that seen a member who have been baned, who has threads offering such services etc.

Old 02-28-2011, 08:49 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonyjacson View Post
I gone along with all the rules& ragulation here and and than after could not find anything like suggests to offering about social book here,in spite of that seen a member who have been baned, who has threads offering such services etc.
There are many ways a member can get banned on here and it could not of been for creating that one social thread.

If you wish to create a thread in our webmaster marketplace offering any type of service as in social bookmarking..etc please make sure you read our official rules in the marketplace. In the link below it state's what types of services we do not allow.

http://www.v7n.com/forums/webmaster-...ml#post1317644

Also when you find the section in the marketplace you wish to create a thread in, read the sticky threads in that one section because in certain sections, there are some guidelines for how and what you need to provide in the thread. After a few days you'll get the hang of things around here.

Old 03-10-2011, 03:32 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

How do I find info about seo?

Old 03-10-2011, 04:33 AM

Possible idea for newbies?

After recently joining this community and being a complete newbie, I find it difficult to understand all the short abbreviations as to what people are referring to. Would it be an idea to possibly provide a sticky for new starters where they can easily refer to when someone is talking in shirt tech terms?

Old 03-10-2011, 04:38 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I agree with that Cjm, I'm new here as well, but I have found that by reading a lot of the posts many people explain what everything is about as you go on. If you didn't know SEO= Search engine optimization.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Getting Started With V7N