Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Getting Started With V7N

Getting Started With V7N If you are new to the V7N community this is a good place to start!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-14-2011, 12:14 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizijones View Post
I'm not really familiar with this.
Familiar with what? Please explain.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-17-2011, 05:50 AM
Contributing Member

Two questions about backlinks. I searched the forum find some topics but could find the one that exactly fulfills my concern.
When I just try to reply a thread "What are you listening to right now" I see there is a list of backlink urls added at the below of my post. However I did not realize such that thing at my other posts. I checked again tried to post to a different thread could not see the backlinks thing. What is the difference for this thread casing this?

Beside adding backlink means that each time a new post added to the "what are you listening" thread, the thread will send a ping to the backlink url that is posted there? Or do I have to add my website some html code to see what added to this thread. Hence every time a new post added to this thread my website posts the new post added to the "what are you listening" .

I a little bit confused and might asked in a confusing manner, hope to explained my thoughts.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:14 AM

When can I see my signature? Thanks!

Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiro Assistant View Post
You must of missed this thread in this very same section.
http://www.v7n.com/forums/getting-st...ml#post1587895

Old 06-17-2011, 09:16 AM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inspiro Assistant View Post
When you take a moment to review the rules and the help in this section.
http://www.v7n.com/forums/getting-st...e-showing.html

Old 06-17-2011, 10:00 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by astaalvista_b View Post
Two questions about backlinks. I searched the forum find some topics but could find the one that exactly fulfills my concern.
When I just try to reply a thread "What are you listening to right now" I see there is a list of backlink urls added at the below of my post. However I did not realize such that thing at my other posts. I checked again tried to post to a different thread could not see the backlinks thing. What is the difference for this thread casing this?

Beside adding backlink means that each time a new post added to the "what are you listening" thread, the thread will send a ping to the backlink url that is posted there? Or do I have to add my website some html code to see what added to this thread. Hence every time a new post added to this thread my website posts the new post added to the "what are you listening" .

I a little bit confused and might asked in a confusing manner, hope to explained my thoughts.

Bumping your thread because it got lost with no answer. I really don't know the answer.

Old 06-17-2011, 12:23 PM
Administrator

Quote:

You are seeing the list of backlink urls because people filled in this box when creating their reply.

If they have a Wordpress blog for example, a notice shows up in the comments section of their Wordpress admin to moderate section showing their post was mentioned. They have the option to approve the trackback or not.

BTW: if you have Wordpress you don't need to do this if you have trackbacks turned on. They will show up anyways.

Don't think it sends another ping each time a new post is added. It doesn't when one of my blog post links is in a thread. Just one notice is received.
Attached Thumbnails
Are You Lost? Ask A V7N Moderator-trackback.png  

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
You are seeing the list of backlink urls because people filled in this box when creating their reply.

If they have a Wordpress blog for example, a notice shows up in the comments section of their Wordpress admin to moderate section showing their post was mentioned. They have the option to approve the trackback or not.
If I did not misundestand you, people who already posted messages to that thread , added backlink urls form their wordpress accounts. I already have a blogger account, I did not notice such kind of a backlink option while using blogger. Therefore that backlink option seems non-functional for me.

Old 06-17-2011, 03:25 PM
Administrator

Quote:
If I did not misundestand you, people who already posted messages to that thread , added backlink urls form their wordpress accounts. I already have a blogger account, I did not notice such kind of a backlink option while using blogger. Therefore that backlink option seems non-functional for me.
Not from their Wordpress blogs. Not sure if Blogger supports pingbacks/trackbacks.

Here ya go:
Quote:
Blogger does not currently support Trackback. If you're interested in this feature, though, you might want to check out backlinks.
Trackback - Blogger Help

Quote:
A trackback is one of three types of linkback methods for Web authors to request notification when somebody links to one of their documents. This enables authors to keep track of who is linking, and so referring, to their articles. Some weblog software, such as WordPress, Drupal and Movable Type, supports automatic pingbacks where all the links in a published article can be pinged when the article is published. The term is used colloquially for any kind of linkback.
Trackback - Wikipedia

Quote:
A pingback is one of three types of linkbacks, methods for Web authors to request notification when somebody links to one of their documents. This enables authors to keep track of who is linking to, or referring to their articles. Some weblog software, such as Movable Type, Serendipity, WordPress and Telligent Community, support automatic pingbacks where all the links in a published article can be pinged when the article is published. A number of more advanced content management systems support pingbacks through the use of addons or extensions, including Drupal and Joomla.

Essentially, a pingback is an XML-RPC request (not to be confused with an ICMP ping) sent from Site A to Site B, when an author of the blog at Site A writes a post that links to Site B. However, it also requires a hyperlink. When Site B receives the notification signal, it automatically goes back to Site A checking for the existence of a live incoming link. If that link exists, the pingback is recorded successfully. This makes pingbacks less prone to spam than trackbacks. Pingback-enabled resources must either use an X-Pingback header or contain a <link> element to the XML-RPC script.
Pingback - Wikipedia

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 06-17-2011, 09:51 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gondylife View Post
Pls cricket,how do i pay for the 2$/1k v7n traffic
I am very sorry but I do not have a clue what you are referring to.

Old 06-19-2011, 12:48 PM

oh godd...
i still cudnt undstand anything...
well all i know is i have lottsa links to refer to to undstand how to start posting here...
cant u temme in brief...
i hate going from one link to another

Old 06-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupps View Post
oh godd...
well all i know is i have lottsa links to refer to to undstand how to start posting here...
cant u temme in brief...
What do you need to know about? Just ask us a question and we will help you.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:10 PM
Contributing Member

Programming / coding stuff?

I'm recently getting into the world of web and computer languages, and was hoping I could talk with other V7N members... problem is, I don't know what would be a good place for topic such as this.

Think on the idea of a newbie programmer, wants to talk about different languages, where languages are used, what they are used for, how much they are used, etc.. I'm a detail oriented guy, so I like to get really, really deep in my discussions.

If V7N isn't a forum for something like that, I don't want to stuff it with crap

Quote:
Originally Posted by nupps View Post
oh godd...
cant u temme in brief...
Go read the intro posts. Superfluous crap derived from laziness isn't really what this forum is about. If you're too lazy to even read all of the rules associated with a productive community like this, how can you be expected to create quality posts?

Moe'uhane - help save a once great game; register and participate to bring it back to power!

Last edited by Raoucus; 06-19-2011 at 07:18 PM.

Old 06-19-2011, 07:19 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

The coding section is perfect for that, no?

Old 06-19-2011, 07:27 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cricket View Post
The coding section is perfect for that, no?
Well, from the description, I thought it was just for talking about the raw code itself... like where to put this and how to write that, errors, problems with code, etc..

But if it's an all-around forum for all coding / programming, then great! Thank you

Moe'uhane - help save a once great game; register and participate to bring it back to power!

Old 06-19-2011, 08:21 PM
No Longer Active
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah, I think it is fine there or even the web design lobby if you prefer. Wherever you feel it fits best.

Old 06-19-2011, 10:46 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yeah, I think it is fine there or even the web design lobby if you prefer. Wherever you feel it fits best.
I have already made a thread in the coding forum and gotten some helpful responses. To this day I simply cannot get over how amazing this community is!

Old 07-26-2011, 08:51 PM
Banned

Hi mods.

I have gone through all the rules here a nd couldn't find anything that suggests that offering social book marking services is disallowed here, but then I have seen a member of two who have been baned, who have threads offering such services. So there is a doubt in my mind regarding weather it is allowed on v7n or not.
Also, if I have missed some portions of the rules that says it is not allowed please provide me the link to it.

Regards

Last edited by snakeair; 07-26-2011 at 10:05 PM. Reason: self promo removed

Old 07-26-2011, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkermark View Post
Hi mods.

I have gone through all the rules here a nd couldn't find anything that suggests that offering social book marking services is disallowed here, but then I have seen a member of two who have been baned, who have threads offering such services. So there is a doubt in my mind regarding weather it is allowed on v7n or not.
Also, if I have missed some portions of the rules that says it is not allowed please provide me the link to it.

Regards
I just removed your 2 link drops in your post above. We do not allow self promoting like this on this forum. What you did will make us mods think that you are just here to spam your link and not contribute to the community in a postive way.

Read our Forum rules once more.

If you want to offer any type of social bookmarking service then create a thread in our marketplace in the social networking section.

People get banned here for spamming, multiple accounts, not giving us coffee...etc

You are not starting out to good right now as a new member.

EDIT: In fact, you have multiple accounts and with that spamming, you get a long vacation from V7N.

Old 07-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Anytime you join a new community you are likely to feel a little lost at first. Perhaps you are not sure if something is against the rules, or you can't figure out which forum to post your question in, this is the perfect place to ask a moderator for help so that we can point you the right direction. Just post your question as a reply to this thread, and the first available moderator will respond.
Hi, I have read all the rules but, I haven't find it, and don't realy wont to read all the posts here. Just a quick question. Why isn't my signature working? How many posts do I have to post to be able to use this advantage? Thanks

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > The Webmaster Forums > Getting Started With V7N