Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Share |
Old 07-08-2010, 07:16 PM
Banned

Why does Google love Word press??

I've bought a few new e-books lately and everyone is saying that google loves word press but they never explain why. Is this because word press is a blog or is there a partnership with word press?? What makes word press so special?? Tell me your thoughts??

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2010, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahberra View Post
I've bought a few new e-books lately and everyone is saying that google loves word press but they never explain why. Is this because word press is a blog or is there a partnership with word press?? What makes word press so special?? Tell me your thoughts??
it's best for seo because the wordpress software uses a lot of html/css

[Removed]

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 07-08-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Old 07-08-2010, 07:54 PM

Blogging Platforms like Blogger.com Contain Frames and have no plugins to help build internal linking which is a very important thing in the eyes of google.Another thing is that with self hosted wordpress blogs you have control over the root of the domain which can do many things when it comes to seo

Old 07-08-2010, 09:05 PM
v7n Mentor

Wordpress is an outstanding CMS, as well as an excellent blogging platform. It lends itself very well to a more conventional website as well. So to all those that use it for blogging, CMS, or both, it offers its inherently clean design with essentially no bloat, great architecture with excellent navigation, and one other thing, that I think is becoming increasingly important to the SEs (particularly Google)... uniformity, which makes it a LOT easier to handle as much as data as the SEs have to handle every second. The more Wordpress sites there are, the easier the SE's jobs become.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:48 AM

Wordpress has a lot of seo improvement plugins, that can help you make your blog more seo & google friendly.

Old 07-09-2010, 12:52 AM
Banned

You are right, i have heard and read in many places that all are suggesting Wordpress for good blog. Still i dono why.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:11 AM

Because it is a blog scripts and has SEO friendly URLS and other SEO customizations. But the main reason is the content, blogs usually have fresh content.

Old 07-09-2010, 06:56 AM
v7n Mentor

My personal opinion - I think it has to do with the short url structure, history in the side bar and the way the tags are used.

Its like every page on a wordpress blog is interlinked with other pages. This makes the site easy to crawl and index.

If you compare the wordpress urls to others, like a joomla site, wordpress has a really short url. And if you change the permalinks, you can get search engine friendly keywords in the url.

Old 07-09-2010, 09:57 AM
Banned

interesting! I am going to start setting up more word press blogs. I seem to get traffic right away with little effort. I want to buy a new program called "Bring the fresh" and implement it with word press. I'm so excited to see what the new year holds. I just found out there will be a 3.8 percent tax on home sales in 2013 to pay for health care- so I want to buy a home before this takes effect. Yikes!

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum