Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Share |
Old 12-19-2010, 10:04 AM

Has google changed algorithm Of search resultis?

Has google changed algorithm Of search resultis?.I have owned two sites www.tvfun.in and www.moviesonlinewatch.com and optimizing both for google by using forums signature .In these days i could not see little bit inprovemend in search results .My 1st site is falling down and 2nd is not in top 500 results for keyword “watch online movies” .This keyword has low competition (by google keyword tool).I want to drive more traffic to my sites .
Please help me and suggest me that how can i get more taffic

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 12-19-2010 at 12:16 PM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-19-2010, 12:27 PM
v7n Mentor

Google is constantly tweaking its algorithm. Forum signatures do provide some benefit, but they are not likely to get you to the top of google. Here is a thread with some very good linkbuilding tips http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/...ding-tips.html

Also check out the SEO Tip of the Day http://www.v7n.com/forums/seo-forum/...o-tip-day.html

Last edited by snakeair; 12-19-2010 at 03:37 PM. Reason: fixed 2nd link

Old 12-19-2010, 02:48 PM
Contributing Member

Watch movies online is by no means a low competition keyword. But to answer your question, although Google is forever tweaking their algorithm, I haven't noticed any changes lately

Old 12-20-2010, 10:46 PM
Banned

just by using forum sig is not enough.. you should try other link building technique..

Old 12-20-2010, 11:00 PM
Banned

your keywords and your URL seem to be same so no need to worry about traffic but while signature in forum you can not be on top page rank for that you need to do some thing extra

Old 12-21-2010, 12:08 AM
Banned

Links only through forum signatures are not enough. Google like links through different sources. So, Perform different SEO activities to build quality back links.

Old 12-21-2010, 03:08 AM
Banned

I have seen some changes made here but I did not get it so far. I am trying to understand it want to adopt for my all sites.

Old 12-21-2010, 05:17 AM
Contributing Member

I think that google pay more attention to social networks now

Old 12-21-2010, 06:31 AM

I think that its true that google change its algorithm.

Old 12-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Banned

Google algorithm is not changed its the keyword that is competitive keep on doing the optimization and you will be on the top of SE.

Old 12-21-2010, 02:22 PM
Contributing Member

The keyword competition you see on the Adwords keyword tool is for the competition between advertisers on the keyword itself, it doesn't reflect the competition on SERP at all.
You should never confuse both with each other, totally unrelated

Old 12-23-2010, 12:55 AM
Banned

The keywords you are targeting have quite some competition lined up. Google does tweak its algorithms but in your case I feel you should conduct more SEO activities to see any changes in the SE Rankings.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:24 AM
Contributing Member

nearly every month, there is new algorithm and certain degree of google dance.
its constantly updating.

Old 12-23-2010, 02:20 PM

Are you sure your site wasn't penalized? I have been noticing a lot of penalties coming for sites building all of their links to one keyword anchor phrase.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member

Forum signature links are so faux pas, I don't bother with them, the only reason why I have this on is merely because since I'm going to contribute to a forum, why not throw a link in there.

Although, I think it's better to get a link from a themed forum which is closely related to your niche, webmaster forums tend to allow signature links because of the nature of the website, but it's worth scoping out the forums within your niche that allow signature links [the harder to obtain, the better because the site is going to be higher quality and worth a lot more]. A niche related forum is likely to provide more quality links and also will help you educate yourself about your niche and build some awareness in the community.

Old 12-25-2010, 07:38 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dominic_ace View Post
Forum signature links are so faux pas, I don't bother with them, the only reason why I have this on is merely because since I'm going to contribute to a forum, why not throw a link in there.
This is a missed step, alright, and an ironic one at that.

Old 12-26-2010, 12:19 AM

In addition, only increasing your income link doesn't solve your problem.Firstly you must make unique content then you could try getting links.
Only link building maybe gets traffic for a short period but after google will bomb or sandbox your site.

Old 12-26-2010, 07:14 AM
Contributing Member

Forum links can be and are still useful ways to boost web ranks but in SEO world, tens of other elements play roles like the age of your domain name because if it is less than one year old and all of your competitors have been dominating the niches for years, so even the best links gained will not help in short terms. Link building is a long term process and nothing to be played with within a few days or even weeks.

Old 12-26-2010, 10:24 AM
v7n Mentor

Domain age is not nearly as simple as that. Domain age has more to do with how well google can trust a site. If people continue to support and link to your site after many years they think it actually has authority and can be trusted.

However, new sites can and do overtake old sites all the time...sometimes quite quickly Don't let your competitor's domain age discourage you. Go out and compete.

Old 12-26-2010, 05:08 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by menes View Post
In addition, only increasing your income link doesn't solve your problem.Firstly you must make unique content then you could try getting links.
Only link building maybe gets traffic for a short period but after google will bomb or sandbox your site.
I do like your emphasis on content - it is important for usability and conversion! And it's important as link bait. Manual link building is not likely to cause any problems, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bermuda View Post
Forum links can be and are still useful ways to boost web ranks but in SEO world, tens of other elements play roles like the age of your domain name because if it is less than one year old and all of your competitors have been dominating the niches for years, so even the best links gained will not help in short terms. Link building is a long term process and nothing to be played with within a few days or even weeks.
Nothing wrong with your facts, here, but how do they address the OP?

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrish2338 View Post
Has google changed algorithm Of search resultis?.I have owned two sites www.tvfun.in and www.moviesonlinewatch.com and optimizing both for google by using forums signature .In these days i could not see little bit inprovemend in search results .My 1st site is falling down and 2nd is not in top 500 results for keyword “watch online movies” .This keyword has low competition (by google keyword tool).I want to drive more traffic to my sites .
Please help me and suggest me that how can i get more taffic[
Please focus on the question, folks: has the algo changed and how can the OP get more traffic?

Last edited by mjtaylor; 12-26-2010 at 05:11 PM.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum