Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Share |
Old 01-29-2011, 10:33 PM

Creating quality links

Hi guys,

I am fairly new to this and I have been working on a few test sites and am currently working on a site that is appearing top 10 in yahoo and bing according to my cell phone in a keyword that is searched 1,800,000 times a month. I am confused. I have been trying to create some back links but I would like some advice as to where I should start...

Should I start to post on relevant forums and twitter trying to get people to link to my site. I am just looking for suggestions, I am learning. I have learnt a lot in the past month, and I feel like my SEO is getting very good, however, I am confused creating backlinks and deeplinking.

Any comments would be much appreciated,

Thank You,

Nick LeBlanc

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-30-2011, 08:02 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CustServ View Post
Hi guys,

I am fairly new to this and I have been working on a few test sites and am currently working on a site that is appearing top 10 in yahoo and bing according to my cell phone in a keyword that is searched 1,800,000 times a month. I am confused. I have been trying to create some back links but I would like some advice as to where I should start...

Should I start to post on relevant forums and twitter trying to get people to link to my site. I am just looking for suggestions, I am learning. I have learnt a lot in the past month, and I feel like my SEO is getting very good, however, I am confused creating backlinks and deeplinking.

Any comments would be much appreciated,

Thank You,

Nick LeBlanc
If I remember well, google already announced that twitter links mattered - so, yes, do that. Another thing to do is submit your site's RSS to as many places as you can (you can even put it on Digg). For deep links (and these are very important), submit your links to sites like folkd.com, meaning - submit links to your different articles, not to your main domain. Try to write original descriptions when you submit, rather than copy-paste from your blog. It will be more beneficial, to you including. Commenting other peoples' blog articles is fine as long as your comments are interesting, relevant, and make people like you as a blogger - hence, they start visiting your blog.

Old 01-30-2011, 11:24 AM
Banned

it depends on several things. at first you have to determine that what is your purpose with the site? if you want to promote any product then you have to have targeted visitors and for this you have to post in related forums, face book, twitter etc.
but if you are interested in Adsense then you just need tons of visitor. they have to be targeted and also natural. for this you have to build links from the related sites, which can supply you link juice. it will help you to get good position in Search engines. also links from non related sites are good cause you can get natural visitors from other sites.
i think its pritty clear if not you can also ask me about nay think in this thread
thanks

Old 01-30-2011, 01:38 PM
Contributing Member

Since your site is new, start off with links from creating and then submitting a press release to free sites. That gives the impression of a news event, and then you can build quality links like mad to build momentum.

Old 01-30-2011, 03:34 PM
Contributing Member

Write articles and post them in Article directories. Write press releases and submit them to press release directories.
Submit your site to quality directories like yahoo and Dmoz
Use social tools like Twitter and squidoo.

Old 01-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Contributing Member

Article directories are great. Not only will you get the backlink, your new article can also rank well if it's on a good directory.

Old 01-31-2011, 12:26 AM
Administrator

First of all I'd make sure your on-site optimization is up to snuff. Proper headings (structured properly), content has the appropriate keywords used without being spammy, has content your target audience is looking for, good navigation and internal linking.

Why? Because if your site/blog isn't up to snuff to start with there isn't anything to keep the visitors on the site = link building a waste of time & money IMHO. Also, if your on-site optimization is done well, you will be found in the search results without any work (other than providing good content and updating it, which you have to do anyways to keep people coming back).

Just the other day Matt Cutts (Google Spam Dept) wrote about their revision to their algorithm:
Quote:
My post mentioned that “we’re evaluating multiple changes that should help drive spam levels even lower, including one change that primarily affects sites that copy others’ content and sites with low levels of original content.” That change was approved at our weekly quality launch meeting last Thursday and launched earlier this week.
Algorithm change launched - January 28, 2011

This would mean that article marketing, if you post the same article to a zillion sites, is not going to be of any benefit SEO wise. If you wrote different stuff for each article site then that would be different. But why write stuff and post it elsewhere? If you are not the creative writing type and have troubles writing wouldn't it be better to write for your own site and pump up it's fresh content? = more pages for you to be found through on your own site.

Old 01-31-2011, 03:29 AM

Do ethical work for your website like submit in do follow directories if you are new then i shall suggest you that post article submission, Press Releases submission and blog posting will good and please keep in mind that submit unique and informative text for visitors not for Search Engine I assure you that you will get high positive results for your website.

Old 01-31-2011, 09:04 PM
Contributing Member

Article submission and blog commenting is an effective way to build quality back links to your site.first you have to determine your site purpose then you can try to create back links which must be relevant to your site niche.you have to start forums reading which can be helpful to you to gain good knowledge about site promotion.

Old 02-01-2011, 11:20 PM
Contributing Member

You can also try promoting your website on social media websites. It will really help you pull quality traffic and clicks.

Old 02-02-2011, 12:21 AM
Contributing Member

I would like to say do not stay in one method or source use all SEO methods like directory submissions, article submissions, PR, blog comments, forums, social book marking and all.

These all are helpful if you will use high quality sites for promotion.

Old 02-02-2011, 11:30 PM

Thank you very much for the sound advice, it seems to me like with the new updates, the new sites are better off getting recognition by blasting original articles across the best article sites such as ezine and articlesbase.

I bellieve the blogging thing is also key to keep your readers intrigued and letting them know that you are updating and interesting enough to continue reading. However, I think I need to build a quality source of consistent traffic first before focusing my efforts on such things.

What do you think?

Nick

Old 02-03-2011, 10:00 PM
Contributing Member

You can get back-links from adding link to your site by doing article submission for your topic, blog posting, forum posting, free directory submission, and link exchange with high ranked sites, You can contact webmasters of that sites.

Old 02-03-2011, 10:26 PM
Banned

You can improve your PR by backings,forums article.

Old 02-04-2011, 02:39 AM
Contributing Member

A combination of on/off page optimization would be required. For example, the time factor which naturally is beyond control of people is one key factor to rank well in some very competitive niches. Your site is new and needs to remain online and get links from quality sources for some time before competing against the established domains. Search Google to find some relevant directories and if they offer affordable links, list your site on their pages, the ones closely connected to your terms.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:40 AM
Banned

Targeting the right keywords can help you to create high quality links. Submitting your websites under the relevant or right category is important for getting high quality links. Also, creating profiles in sites like LinkedIn, Friendster, Facebook and other business or social networking sites can generate high quality links to your website and

Old 02-09-2011, 03:15 AM

I agree. Article submission is one way of getting good back links especially from high PR article directories like ezines. Not only you're getting traffic with proper SEO of your article, you will also earned some link juice. Another way is to submit your site to social bookmarking sites. You can start @ social marker. Just Google it. But first you have to create an account on each of these sites. I know it's hard work, but it's only at the beginning. The second time around can be breeze because all you have to do is to drag all the info to the appropriate field and your good to go. you can also try submitting a video in YouTube and pointing it back to your site. It can give powerful link juice to your money site while at the same time, it can get traffic back to your site.

Old 02-19-2011, 11:07 PM

if your site is new start writing some unique content and submit them in high quality article dir. do 'do follow blog comments' and leave your keyword as anchor text will help you.

Old 02-22-2011, 05:55 AM
Banned

Yes that's a good idea start with twitter and Face book. I think you should also start some directory submissions and after a week you can start with social bookmarking. Try to get 20 to 30 back links daily and after that you can also go with article writing and blog submissions. Best of luck..

Old 02-22-2011, 06:16 AM
Banned

Yes you can create several back links for your site so that you can get better link juice and get your search terms in top ten results..

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum