Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 05-27-2011, 04:31 AM

How long does it takes be included in Google PR?

I've been writing my blog for almost two months now and still, I got 0 page rank in Google, and now I'm wondering on how long does it takes to be included in Google PR? Anybody knows? For all the comments, thank you in advance.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by saintgoody View Post
I've been writing my blog for almost two months now and still, I got 0 page rank in Google, and now I'm wondering on how long does it takes to be included in Google PR? Anybody knows? For all the comments, thank you in advance.
Usually PR update happens once in six months or sometimes quarterly. Matt Cutts, the Google software engineer head has suggested that there is a PR update somewhere in the near future maybe in a week or two.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:08 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

i hear it takes at least two or so months to at least get a rank. i've definitely seen longer though. but hey, if i'm right. you'll be getting ranked up in pr soon 'nuff.

Old 05-27-2011, 08:19 AM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Just because there has not been a recent toolbar Pagerank export doesn't mean that your site is without PageRank.

PageRank is continually recalculated internally and not visible outside of Google. The toolbar PageRank values are not equal to actual values but only a representation thereof; it's always outdated and not something to be concerned with.

Toolbar PageRank doesn't affect your ranking in the search results and there are more important aspects of a site to be working on.

Old 05-27-2011, 09:57 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

If you have PR0 that means you are already included in google's PR system!

Worry only if you have pr n/a

And you are included in google's internal PR as soon as you get few links and google notices your website.

And for the external PR rank that you see in google toolbar your PR is updated when google updates it's external PR or exports the current PR value in the tool bar.

Old 05-27-2011, 04:08 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydefrog View Post
i hear it takes at least two or so months to at least get a rank. i've definitely seen longer though. but hey, if i'm right. you'll be getting ranked up in pr soon 'nuff.
Thanks a lot clydefrog, I hope so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CReed View Post
Just because there has not been a recent toolbar Pagerank export doesn't mean that your site is without PageRank.

PageRank is continually recalculated internally and not visible outside of Google. The toolbar PageRank values are not equal to actual values but only a representation thereof; it's always outdated and not something to be concerned with.

Toolbar PageRank doesn't affect your ranking in the search results and there are more important aspects of a site to be working on.
Thank you very much Creed. I didn't know it. So,now I wouldn't care that much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmathd View Post

And you are included in google's internal PR as soon as you get few links and google notices your website.

And for the external PR rank that you see in google toolbar your PR is updated when google updates it's external PR or exports the current PR value in the tool bar.
Thanks for that information fmathd. I got indexed in Google and Yahoo so It's alright. By the way what do you mean by PRO? Sorry I'm new to blog stuff. Thanks.

Last edited by snakeair; 05-27-2011 at 09:10 PM. Reason: merged posts

Old 05-28-2011, 02:08 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
By the way what do you mean by PRO? Sorry I'm new to blog stuff. Thanks.
I mean PR0 or Page Rank Zero

Old 05-28-2011, 03:35 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

No one can give you answer of this question but as per my experience I used to do promotion of my blog for 3 months and I got 3 PR.

Old 05-28-2011, 04:50 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

zero pr means your blog already in the list of Google pr.Then why are you worrying?Do SEO of your blog you will get the high pr soon.

Old 05-28-2011, 06:57 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by fmathd View Post

yeah, so don't worry about PR0, you got an internal PR to google ; but when google will update and express it externally then you will get a PR visible to your toolbar. and Google update quarterly or half yearly some people say after each two months; whatever it is, no problem you will get PR finally.

Old 05-28-2011, 07:05 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Good news for you -
Great Finds Digital Marketing Blog 15 Takeaways about Google and SEO from Matt Cutts
(May 25th, 2011)

http://greatfinds.icrossing.com/15-t...om-matt-cutts/

see from the link "15. Toolbar PageRank should be updated within the next few weeks"

So you will get toolbar PR within next week..........Cheer

Old 05-29-2011, 05:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~CReed View Post

I agree with word to word with you.
Keep updating your blog with original quality contact and keep aggregating quality back links . Wish your blog get good PR in the next update whenever it happens.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:49 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

its not enough to write only blogs to get PR. you have to do marketing. of course on page SEO is great but the total process also needs some other things like forum posting, blog commenting, press release, guest blogging etc. you will get PR soon.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:00 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Winterreifen

Quote:
First of all, Google PR will update for every website four times per year. It depends on backlinks for every site, if we build quality backlinks for our website, the PR will increase automatically.

Old 05-29-2011, 11:53 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You have already got PR 0 for the blog. And as its just two months, you need to have patience and just update your blog time to time by rich content and that will help you to increase PR but that is not enough as empori has said - need to go with those methods as they are described here to get some value towards your blog.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
PR0 means Google assigned PR for u ( for new site N/A). So if u have enough links will get at least PR1 in the next PR updation, any how keep building links and also work with content

Old 06-01-2011, 10:21 AM
Latest Blog:
None

YEp. PR0 Means not N/a. ie they hav chosen u to be at 0 right now. build some backilnks on High quality websites and they ll get u near 2 to three in six months

Old 06-01-2011, 10:41 AM
Latest Blog:
None

From my knowledge PR is not the most important factor in doing SEO. It is more important to have good anchor text links and keyword density. If you are trying for an individual term, it is more efficient to worry about anchor text specific links and keyword density than overall page rank.

In other words your page rank is for the general value of your site to help ease the anchor text link building and keyword density and internal linking structure. But for individual campaign it may not necessarily be important at all.

Old 06-02-2011, 05:24 PM

Google rarely lets anyone know exactly when PR is updated, but asks folks to not focus on PR but keep on buidling unique content, and backlinks

Old 06-02-2011, 07:36 PM
Contributing Member

You can't just increase your toolbar PR by waiting.

You have to get links to your page on other high PR pages then after the update, your page's PR will increase.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum