Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 09-02-2011, 05:16 AM
Contributing Member

Confused on Google Crawl

I am bit confused that my new blog posts take 3 days to get crawled in Google while a month ago it used to get crawled at some minutes. What might be the reason please say.
I have 4 blogs with Pr 0,1,1,2 respectively and all of them takes time to get indexed after I post new blog post. Please help me here.

Old 09-02-2011, 06:41 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

webmaster tools is all you need. Google takes a long time to visit new sites. Its the older sites Google pay most attention to. Expect to take 6 months to a year for your site to appear on google.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by VPSWebServer. View Post
Expect to take 6 months to a year for your site to appear on google.

That is completely wrong! You can get a new website crawled and indexed in a few minutes or 24 hours at most by submitting it to social bookmarking sites or pinging it..

OP as for your question, have you been posting on your blog on a regular basis or did you stop for a while?

You can speed up new post indexing by bookmarking your new posts on social bookmarking sites. You can also submit your rss feeds to rss directories, which refresh often. And another option would be to just ping the url when you post it, although i would advise on the first two methods (which will also get you more backlinks )

Old 09-02-2011, 07:18 AM
Contributing Member

Hey Guys You did not understand the problem, its not that my new blog is not crawled but my new blog posts are not crawled instantly after I make a post. When you read my question, I have said that my blog has pr 1,2 which means that they are already in Google. So please read well and help me.

Old 09-02-2011, 11:01 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Maybe you made some changes to the list of sites that get pinged when you post? I usually use pingler.com whenever publishing new content and get crawled by Google in a matter of hours.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:06 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by nagarmero View Post
Hey Guys You did not understand the problem, its not that my new blog is not crawled but my new blog posts are not crawled instantly after I make a post. When you read my question, I have said that my blog has pr 1,2 which means that they are already in Google. So please read well and help me.
Setup a Google webmaster tool account.
Add your website
Set the crawling rate to whatever frequency you want.

You can set Googlebot to crawl your new posts, set it whatever time you're convenient with it. Remember, setting the crawl too often could sometimes lead to some problems, like bandwidth wasted.

Keep in mind, that once your new posts have been crawled, it doesn't mean it will get index immediately. Yes, there are websites which new posts can be index within minutes, I have websites like that.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:58 PM
Contributing Member

Are you using using a self hosted Wordpress blog? Then You could install the XML Sitemap Generator, it will create a sitemap and ping google when you create a new post, this in combination with active linkbuilding gets my sites pages indexed usually within a couple of hours.

Old 09-02-2011, 10:50 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Blogs and web pages are picked up regularly by Google and ranked in order of relevance. Google crawls some blogs more quickly than others, depending on relevance, backlinks, etc. If you want your blog to be indexed quickly, you need to increase its relevancy and value. follow the blog for further details http://www.webuildyourblog.com/1715/...le-crawl-blog/

Old 09-03-2011, 04:32 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks for all these suggestions. I shall be trying all these, specially I would look for crawl time in webmaster. Thanks for the suggestions.

Old 09-03-2011, 12:14 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

google now update their algorithm every month. at the 21st of every month crawler get updated. you can see many sites ranking get high or drop because of this changes.

Old 09-05-2011, 12:18 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It usually happens when a blog was noted by search engine crawlers to have lapsed some supposed scheduled new content posts. That's why blogs that posts new contents tend to be crawled more frequently by search engines rather than those that don't post on regular basis.

Old 09-06-2011, 11:33 PM
Banned

I would like to say that Google rankings based on the aggregated link and quality of content that is why you might have seen several sites ranking higher than sites having hundreds of back links but latter it goes down.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum