Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 11-26-2011, 06:20 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jelderkin View Post
Then who is it used by if not Google???
Google uses actual PR, value range 0 to1, which is continually updated and never publicly revealed. Every resource has its initial actual PR calculated when it is first indexed.

Toolbar PR, value range 0 to 10, is not a linear representation of actual PR, is updated only sporadically, and is used only by those who ascribe an external value to it - chiefly those who engage in the buying/selling/exchanging of links - contrary to Matt Cutts' many statements advising against putting much stock in it.

It is not for no reason that those who understand such refer to the Toolbar as the Fool Bar.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-27-2011, 05:47 AM

**** at PR 0..what should i do to increase my PR. My [removed] have around 500 "links to your site" according to google webmaster plus updated content but still no improvement. HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE....

Last edited by snakeair; 11-27-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Old 11-27-2011, 03:19 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kumar View Post
**** at PR 0..what should i do to increase my PR. My [removed] have around 500 "links to your site" according to google webmaster plus updated content but still no improvement. HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEE....
Content has absolutely nothing to do with PageRank.

Increasing your number of inbound links is the only thing that will have any effect.

Old 11-29-2011, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_kumar View Post
As many of the SEO expert explains:
Google Rank a WEBPAGE and not the complete Website,(Different pages of a website have different PR)
Google TRANSFERs PR from Webpage to Webpage, (Suppose a Webpage has PR5 and it links to your website's webpage say homepage, then Google will transfer PR from that webpage to your website's webpage)
Google PR transfer can be stopped by ‘no_follow’ attrib.
During PR transfer DIVISION Occurs,(Suppose a webpage has a PR5 and number of outgoing links from that page is 10, then PR5 will be divided by 10 and then it will be transferred. So if you desire PR5 then a single PR5 link will not work, you need around 5-12 PR5 WebPages that links to you.)
And While Transferring PR Google Checks RELEVANCY (cont. the above example, PR5 of that webpage will we transferred to only WebPages that are relevant to it).
The TIME is also important in PR transfer.(cont. the above example, if PR5 webpage is linking to your website for few days say a week then you won't be seeing any increase in PR but if it continue linking for more days say three months then you will surely see a sustainable growth in your PageRank)
So Dear Rahul Kumar, to increase your PR get many DoFollow BackLinks from WebPages that are relevant to your website. Reassess those 500 links which Google Webmaster shown and you will get the answer why your PR didn’t increased.
I hope I Helped You.

Last edited by KRex; 11-29-2011 at 10:15 PM.

Old 11-29-2011, 11:27 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRex View Post
Google TRANSFERs PR from Webpage to Webpage,
PR is not transferred; i.e., it is not subtracted from the source page and added to the target page.

Rather, it increases the PR of the target page at the expense of each and every other page that is indexed and participating in the PR calculation matrix.

Quote:
And While Transferring PR Google Checks RELEVANCY (cont. the above example, PR5 of that webpage will we transferred to only WebPages that are relevant to it)..
This is one of the greatest SEO myths. Relevancy is immaterial to the calculation of PageRank.

The mathematical expression that defines PageRank is as follows:

where:
  • p1,p2,...,pN are the pages under consideration;
  • M(pi) is the set of pages that link to pi;
  • L(pj) is the number of outbound links on page pj;
  • d is the damping factor; and,
  • N is the total number of pages.

Note that there are absolutely no qualitative factors present.

Last edited by deepsand; 11-29-2011 at 11:37 PM.

Old 11-30-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
PR is not transferred; i.e., it is not subtracted from the source page and added to the target page.
Everyone knows that its not subtracted from the source page. Transfer, Pass, Assume etc. etc. are words used to explain the mechanism of How WebPages get PageRank from other WebPages. Please recommend me a word to use Instead.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsand View Post
This is one of the greatest SEO myths. Relevancy is immaterial to the calculation of PageRank.
I agree with you.
See There are many experts who connects 'Theme Relevancy' and 'PageRank' together in the matter of an important fact that Link Votes should come from Relevant WebPages.

Last edited by KRex; 11-30-2011 at 12:42 AM.

Old 11-30-2011, 01:08 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Everyone knows that its not subtracted from the source page. Transfer, Pass, Assume etc. etc. are words used to explain the mechanism of How WebPages get PageRank from other WebPages. Please recommend me a word to use Instead.
Unfortunately, very many do believe that, as evidenced by questions & statements that I see here and on other forums.

IMO, the best word to use would be "pass," as certain thing, e.g. traits, can be passed with no loss to the source.

Quote:
I agree with you.
See There are many experts who connects 'Theme Relevancy' and 'PageRank' together in the matter of an important fact that Link Votes should come from Relevant WebPages.
But, there is no material relationship between PR and relevancy, either theoretical or practical. And, not only is the statement
Quote:
And While Transferring PR Google Checks RELEVANCY
factually incorrect, it falsely implies that there is such a relationship.

Execution of an evaluation of the PR matrix is wholly independent of the indexing engine; the only input that it requires is a listing of the tuples that ienumerate source and target URLs.

Old 12-10-2011, 03:03 AM
Banned

Does any one know how to check actual PageRank? NOt the toolbar PageRank.

Old 12-10-2011, 06:38 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sadek View Post
Does any one know how to check actual PageRank? NOt the toolbar PageRank.
But a modicum of reading, here or elsewhere, would have sufficed to inform that Actual PR is never revealed; and, that it cannot be deduced form Toolbar PR.

It is expected that members will put some effort into doing their homework, rather than repeating questions that have been asked and answered countless times, which deters from helping others with the more difficult issues.

Old 12-15-2011, 05:40 AM

yes its happen from last two months and they updated the pr on behalf of links what according to google new algorithm

Old 12-15-2011, 10:22 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashusood View Post
yes its happen from last two months and they updated the pr on behalf of links what according to google new algorithm
Hm-mm; nope.

The PageRank and SERP rank algorithms are two quite different things.

Changes in the latter have no effect on the former.

Old 01-02-2012, 08:01 AM
No Longer Active

http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-for...ry-2012-a.html

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread