Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-10-2012, 05:29 PM
Super Moderator

Google Launches Search Plus Your World

I'm still reading this but going to share it now. Post your thoughts when you get through with it.

Quote:
Google introduced huge new features today that bring some clarity to many of the changes they’ve made over the past several months, including the creation of their own social media network and the implementation of SSL search. Their latest search engine incarnation is called Search Plus Your World and it’s rolling out on Google.com over the next few days.

The new features bring personal results, largely from the Google+ network, into the SERPs at the click of a button. People, Pages, and Profiles are also fully integrated in search results. A look at a few of the new features:
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...lus-Your-World

Your thoughts on this news from Google?

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 01-10-2012, 07:29 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I just noticed it. I thought I was seeing things.

At first I didn't like it. I was doing a search and I saw the personal results. I thought it was a cool add on, but I still don't like Google force feeding Google+ on us.

The part I don't like and is probably going to hurt Google long term is the People on Pages. Normally you would see Google's ads. Google decided to put that, above the ads. I don't think it's a good move, regardless if the personal results is on or off. I'm sure it's just temp.

Old 01-10-2012, 10:21 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Apparently, people are very angry about this. I found an article on Yahoo, that is relevant and would like to share.

Quote:
The Federal Trade Commission, attorneys general in six states, and the European Commission are looking into complaints alleging Google has been unfairly exploiting its dominance in Internet search to promote its other services while ignoring or downplaying pertinent information about its rivals.

The exclusive Plus recommendations in Google's search results are "exactly the kind of thing that the antitrust people are screaming about," said Danny Sullivan, an industry expert who has been following Google since the 1990s and is now editor of SearchEngineLand.com. "This is very un-Google like. It's unfair to other services and it's unfair to people."
http://news.yahoo.com/google-search-...233611717.html

Any thoughts?

Old 01-10-2012, 11:30 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I just read the whole articles and got the concept but it may harm Google as a search engine as average people may be confused or got irritated with this new features. Also it may create fear of privacy breach.

Old 01-11-2012, 11:52 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

looks like they are really serious on getting this google plus really big.. Well they should do more of it..

Old 01-12-2012, 03:13 AM
Contributing Member

Yes, this initiative from Google is going to destroy the SEO as we know it now. We will have to enhance our SEO skills by incorporating the necessary Social Media Marketing skills. At present Google search is affected only by Google plus, but in future their search will be influenced by Twitter and Facebook too.

Old 01-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
The Federal Trade Commission, attorneys general in six states, and the European Commission are looking into complaints alleging Google has been unfairly exploiting its dominance in Internet search to promote its other services while ignoring or downplaying pertinent information about its rivals.
This is what I was going to comment on, even before I saw that rjr shared a link.

It's pretty clear that they are trying to force Google+ on people because not only do they want to put themselves ahead, but Google+ isn't doing nearly as well as they wanted it to nor as well as it was hyped up to be. There was great disappointment with Google+ and this tactic of theirs isn't helping anything really.

Old 01-12-2012, 04:59 PM
Super Moderator

When Search & Social Act Like Children, Users Lose

I just love Lisa's writing style. Check out this blog post.

Quote:
Well, it’s official. Google’s succinctly-named Search Plus Your World is live. And right on schedule we have our first real Internet cat fight of 2012. Huzzah!

Here’s a score card of what’s gone down in case you were sleeping. Or…working.
Continued at: http://outspokenmedia.com/social-med...cial-children/

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 01-12-2012, 08:36 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Eric Schmidt went into evil overload mode chatting with Danny Sullivan about how they’d love to talk to Twitter and Facebook about using their data…only they haven’t. Maybe if they did, he says, they could come up with new permissions, but no one talked about it. And he won’t talk about why they won’t talk about it. Just that they won’t talk about it and Danny should stop asking. Okay.
It's easy to point the finger when you are guilty.

This is going to haunt Google for a long time. The FTC will be all over this for years. The sad part is, the FTC will fine them like $100,000, but Google end up making billions.

I don't understand why Governments fine wealthy businesses over bad practices, when they know they'll pay the fine and continue them.

It's like tipping your waiter.

Like the blog said, we'll be the ones suffering.

Bing is probably loving it. haha

Old 01-13-2012, 05:44 PM
Super Moderator

Rank for Anything You Want on Google Search Plus Your World

OMG, get a load of this information.

Quote:
After reading a number of complaints about the quality of results and how often Google+ pages were featured in the Top 3 positions in the new personalized search, I reached out to the SEW authors community and had a bit of fun testing out Search Plus Your World. In our admittedly small and completely unscientific test, we found that personalized search seems to be missing a few key ingredients we’ve come to expect from Google: relevance, content quality, freshness, and context. This is largely due to the fact that Google+ results outrank those with more of the qualities we expect in organic search.

It seems possible to rank top 3 for whatever you want in the personalized search results of people who...
Continued at: http://searchenginewatch.com/article...lus-Your-World

I understand that Google Search Plus just launched and it will get some tweaks and other stuff as Google get's investigated by the FTC. Your thoughts on the blog post that you just read?

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 01-17-2012, 11:29 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Wow. That will be another trick from Google. They gonna beat facebook. Google is really serious to overtake Facebook ideas. They included it already in searches which is a good thing in internet marketers.

Old 01-18-2012, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirky47 View Post
Wow. That will be another trick from Google. They gonna beat facebook. Google is really serious to overtake Facebook ideas. They included it already in searches which is a good thing in internet marketers.
I don't think we will see this feature that long or it will be modified a little.

Check out this thread that i created this morning.

http://www.v7n.com/forums/legal-issu...ml#post1827360

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 01-25-2012, 03:54 AM
Super Moderator

Larry must of woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Larry Page Tells Employees: Understand Search Plus Your World or Leave

Like Us on Facebook
facebook.com/wpoutcast

Old 01-29-2012, 01:31 AM
Contributing Member

Many big companies including Facebook and Twitter is against with this new feature from Google because it only provides Google's data on search result pages rather than anyother website which they think is illegal act

Old 01-29-2012, 10:21 PM
Contributing Member

them forcing Google+ into their page results really should be illegal, since they have a monopoly and it's not fair to competitors.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum