Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-27-2012, 05:17 PM
v7n Mentor

There's some definite changes going around from the past week.

Rankings are going down for money keywords (highly competitive) other moderate and low competitive keywords are rising up in the SERPs.

Anyone can update us for their own sites?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Panda 3.4 rolled out on this Fri. past.

Quote:
Google rolled out a Panda update late on Friday. Google announced the update on twitter saying:

Quote:
Panda refresh rolling out now. Only ~1.6% of queries noticeably affected.
See SE Roundtable: Google Panda 3.4 Rollout .

Old 03-27-2012, 09:07 PM
v7n Mentor

Know that bro was asking to know if your keywords are also going up/down?

Old 03-27-2012, 09:17 PM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Can't say, as I give SERP rank no mind except at a client's behest. The only thing that I'm monitoring on an ongoing basis are PPC campaigns.

Old 03-28-2012, 12:31 AM
Contributing Member

When I looked yesterday, of the 30 keywords I am tracking, according to Adwords keyword tool 26 are high competition and 4 are medium.
Since last week 16 have moved up and 14 have stayed where they were. That is the first time that I've not had any at all drop down.
For those that have improved, the rage is between 1-11 places with an average of 3, so this is steady rather than dramatic.
I haven't done anything other than my usual updating, and the number of backlinks reported in GWT has actually been decreasing steadily for some weeks.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:20 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkey Property View Post
When I looked yesterday, of the 30 keywords I am tracking, according to Adwords keyword tool 26 are high competition and 4 are medium.
Since last week 16 have moved up and 14 have stayed where they were. That is the first time that I've not had any at all drop down.
For those that have improved, the rage is between 1-11 places with an average of 3, so this is steady rather than dramatic.
I haven't done anything other than my usual updating, and the number of backlinks reported in GWT has actually been decreasing steadily for some weeks.
That's great.

The keywords that I'm tracking is fluctuating very much. Ranging from #5 to #42 then back. Probably I'd have to introspect what needs to be done.

Would love to hear what have you been doing.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:57 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manish Pandey View Post
Would love to hear what have you been doing.
Well the point is that I haven't done anything really. If anything I have taken away more than I put in.
When I launched my main site about a year ago (the top one in my signature) I didn't know any better and I had a paragraph of keywords in the left column (that would be seen first by the crawlers) and another at the end of the page, i.e. I was keyword stuffing. I didn't get penalized for that, but I removed those paragraphs a couple of weeks ago without it harming my SERPs and they have actually improved as I have already said. In fact I have 20 keywords on page 1 and 8 on page 2 out of the 30 (which is marginally better than when I had those paragraphs).
I also began my link building last year by doing exchanges, but not big-time - at the most I had around 150. But in the last couple of months I have deleted most of them, I'm left with 55 at the moment but I may get rid of them all, not because of anything new that Google is saying but because my site is different now. I have PR4 home page and PR2 link page and in terms of link juice in most cases I was now giving out more than I was getting back. Also I have links from many other sources.

My keywords are high competition but not always high search, because there are very many trying to sell real estate where I am but only so many looking to buy
The important thing for me is to be high in SERPs for as many keywords as possible, so that I get a good share of a small market.

Old 03-28-2012, 07:58 AM
Contributing Member

Not much on being an SEO guru, but this really explains a lot about why my SEO guy tells me that it will take about 3 months before anyone sees any major change. Google updates PR every quarter...I wonder if its based on a yearly quarter? Hmmm, interesting.

Old 03-28-2012, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade32 View Post
Not much on being an SEO guru, but this really explains a lot about why my SEO guy tells me that it will take about 3 months before anyone sees any major change. Google updates PR every quarter...I wonder if its based on a yearly quarter? Hmmm, interesting.
You are confusing different issues here. Google updates its index continuously, so that as soon as there are changes to their algorithms they will be reflected in
SERPs as sites are crawled. PR is only published every few months but again it is updated continuously and plays a part in SERP. You may only see a change about every few months in the toolbar PR but it has been changing all the time in between being published.

Old 03-28-2012, 11:36 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by wade32 View Post
Perhaps you should take a cup of coffee and read this http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-for...-get-some.html and watch this http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-for...ore-often.html

Old 03-30-2012, 07:47 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Can we try to get back on topic. I haven't checked my PR in 2 years.
You didn't but i did about a week ago while visiting your site. http://newbizshop.com is now PR-3

Old 03-31-2012, 01:08 AM
Rest In Peace 1946 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by nadiamoqaddas View Post
I heard Panda update lost lots of visitors. But don't know any clear video about it
Users are unaware of and uncaring about algorithmic changes; they do not decide to do or not do a search because of such.

Whatever traffic some sites lost was gained by others.

Old 04-02-2012, 04:58 PM
No Longer Active

http://www.v7n.com/forums/google-for...il-2012-a.html

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread