Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Share |
Old 03-21-2012, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Google De-indexes and Penalizes Private Blog Networks

I really like what this blog post is all about.

Quote:
Panda is currently on the leash and heavily penalizing and de-indexing websites filled with thin or low quality contents, which are solely created for the purpose of search engine optimization.

What is Private Blog Networks?: Private Blog Networks is composed of services that offer quick back-link creation through publishing articles on an array of blogs. These blogs serve as repositories of articles (usually spun ones). These spun articles are
Continued at: http://www.webpronews.com/google-de-...tworks-2012-03

Note, the blog post author didn't do a good job on editing the paragraph's. Spinning content will eventually backfire on you. Don't matter how good the software is, make sure you put the blog post/article in your own words.

Your thoughts on this news? FYI, i didn't post a blog comment yet. Although someone has the same first name as i do posted a comment. lol

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-21-2012, 09:27 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Logic, Meet Google - Crawling to De-index

Related blog post from the SeoMoz blog:

Quote:
Since the Panda update, more and more people are trying to control their Google index and prune out low-quality pages. Iím a firm believer in aggressively managing your own index, but itís not always easy, and Iím seeing a couple of common mistakes pop up. One mistake is thinking that to de-index a page, you should block the crawl paths. Makes sense, right? If you donít want a page indexed, why would you want it crawled? Unfortunately, while it sounds logical, itís also completely wrong. Letís look at an exampleÖ

Scenario: Product Reviews

Letís pretend we have a decent-sized e-commerce site with 1,000 unique product pages. Those pages look something like this:
Continued at: http://www.seomoz.org/blog/logic-mee...ing-to-deindex

Any comments on this blog post? Did the pictures help?

Old 03-22-2012, 07:20 AM
Contributing Member

The SEOMoz article is more about eCommerce sites.
As for me I agree with Google - I also don't like spun articles. There are so plenty of them that it's difficult to find the useful and necessary information... Imho...

Old 03-22-2012, 12:25 PM
Contributing Member

You aren't going to get very far with spinning software and Google looking at it as original. It would be better to perform a rewrite which uses a different structure, words and overall tone. The good news is that it can be significantly shorter but still carry good value when the rewrite is done correctly.

Old 03-22-2012, 04:40 PM
Contributing Member

Looks like a new era is about to begin.

I really wonder how google is going to start to try and combat negative SEO in the future..

Old 03-22-2012, 08:54 PM
Contributing Member

It really is a painfully slow process. People forget that, just because they're site is recrawled every day, it doesn't mean ever page is recrawled or that Google honors all of the new signals. It really can take weeks or months, and you often have to adjust as you go.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum