Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Share |
Old 04-29-2012, 12:07 PM
No Longer Active

Making a Brand Name of Your Name

Is it possible for "Authors" to gain a brand name in the realm of Google (or other search engines) that would make links coming to and going from their websites or articles valuable from a google search engine perspective?

For example, the only common theme (from a search engine perspective) is the author's name for over 300 articles written on various topics.

All the articles have a link or two that direct (high page rank) towards the author's personal website that has many references to his or her name.

As such, the author's name is the only major thing in common with the hundreds of articles. Much like the brand name of a business, the author's name becomes the valuable commodity from the perspective of Google.

As the number of articles grows to a thousand or more, then perhaps tens of thousands, the only common link to each page is the author's name.

Over years of time, could the "author" direct the power of his name from his website to influence SERP's?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-29-2012, 02:08 PM
Blue Rose Mentor

Interesting topic

I blog quite a bit, and use the same name I use here, Dreamrage. I'm not sure if I can turn it into a brand, but if I do a google search for my username, it shows not only my posts on v7n, but my art page on deviant art, and my posts, so it could be possible i think.

i seem to have some competition with galactic dream though.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:23 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
Interesting topic
I was alluding to (as it would pertain to your name) would be if you're websites that you operated had Dreamrage on them.

Then perhaps that would up your "link juice" if Google could establish that the Dreamrage identity was the same person.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:29 PM
Blue Rose Mentor

I think it could. In a way, my username already has quite a bit of authority, as just about everything I have worked on, both artistic and blog related has come in on the first page of the search. I know that, google wants writers to create profiles for themselves. You can read about that here at the webmaster tools

So in the end i think it could be possible that the name you use as a writer can actually be a brand. not too sure about mine though, I have seen a few other dreamrages out there

Old 04-29-2012, 02:39 PM
No Longer Active

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamrage View Post
not too sure about mine though, I have seen a few other dreamrages out there
But the way Google looks are Brand Name for an author, is different than a Brand Name for other things.

For example, if Google's index machine finds no relationship (say less than 1% correlation) between the identities of Dreamrage (you) and Dreamrage (someone else), then the "link juice" would not likely flow.

Old 04-29-2012, 02:42 PM
Blue Rose Mentor

Also true. which leaves me thinking now. (seems my plans for world domination are put on hold for now lol)

I wonder if anyone else has any info on this, I'm curious about this now.

Old 05-01-2012, 10:27 PM
Contributing Member

Yes, it is possible and many names are becoming brand of the industry (Danny Sullivan, for instance). And, to make this thing more effective Google is now using Authorship markup which clears the confusion of two authors of same name.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum