Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 06-06-2016, 04:58 PM

Back in the day, site owners would exchange small banners, just big to have site name on a white or black background.

That way you got a link back and google "then, not sure now" did not count it as a straight link for link exchange.

I've been out of the game for a good few years now, and once had a much higher post count here on v7n.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-06-2016, 09:52 PM
Contributing Member

Hi guys, I have similar concerns... says if I do 100 basics link building, from web 2.0 like: weebly, blooger, tumblr. Would it be ok or I would find a chance to get penalized?
Thanks for your advice.

Old 06-06-2016, 09:56 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannaNguyen View Post
Hi guys, I have similar concerns... says if I do 100 basics link building, from web 2.0 like: weebly, blooger, tumblr. Would it be ok or I would find a chance to get penalized?.
Of course you will! If not today, then one day. They are the exact sorts of links that the Penguin algorithm was designed to penalize a site for!

Old 06-07-2016, 04:06 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdie View Post
Of course you will! If not today, then one day. They are the exact sorts of links that the Penguin algorithm was designed to penalize a site for!
Thank you Birdie, are you saying that I should not build link over 2.0 web?
Or It still work out if I do it correctly.
If so, what should I do to make it right.
Thanks for your advice.

Old 06-07-2016, 11:43 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannaNguyen View Post
Thank you Birdie, are you saying that I should not build link over 2.0 web?
Its not me; its Google saying to not do that. What sort of links do you think they were talking about when they penalize sites and hit them with the Penguin algorithm?
Any link that is not natural runs the risk of one day being penalized. Its that simple.

Old 06-09-2016, 01:32 AM
Contributing Member

There are many ways to get back-links out of which the best ways are as follows:
Guest Post,
Article submission
Forum
blog comments

Old 06-09-2016, 01:52 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonhalle View Post
There are many ways to get back-links out of which the best ways are as follows:
Guest Post,
Article submission
Forum
blog comments
Given that they are the exact sorts of links that Google is targeting with the Penguin algorithm, care to explain how using them is going to avoid getting a penalty?

Old 06-09-2016, 01:56 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Its not me; its Google saying to not do that. What sort of links do you think they were talking about when they penalize sites and hit them with the Penguin algorithm?
Any link that is not natural runs the risk of one day being penalized. Its that simple.
Thank you Birdie, for this i'm start getting more concerns.
There're tons of high authority websites out there, from very beginning, I believe they also build through web 2.0 as well.
If one day pengium hit the web 2.0 links, are these mature websites getting hit too?

Old 06-09-2016, 01:59 AM
v7n Mentor

Penguin is design to penalize every single link that you build for yourself.At the moment its misses a lot, but will continue to be refined; so if it hasn't got you now, then it will one day.

Old 06-09-2016, 02:01 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Penguin is design to penalize every single link that you build for yourself.At the moment its misses a lot, but will continue to be refined; so if it hasn't got you now, then it will one day.
=,=" I'm just starting to build link, and you almost scared me out.

In your opinion, what's the most suitstanable way to build link and also doable for a beginner to SEO?

Old 06-09-2016, 02:05 AM
v7n Mentor

I don't do anything except write good content; share it in my social media circles and wait for the links to come.
The links come because of the content. If you can't get links that way, then your content is not worth linking to --> so google does not want you in the search results.
One link I might get from a newspaper is worth 1000's of web2.0's as they are the sort of links that google want you to get, so the algorithms are designed to reward them.

Last edited by Birdie; 06-09-2016 at 02:17 AM.

Old 06-14-2016, 09:00 AM
Contributing Member

White Hat SEO techniques will increase your Google page ranking without getting penalized. This is organic link building as compared with Black Hat SEO. I suggest you stay away from the latter, for your website to be safe.

Old 06-16-2016, 11:45 PM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tech christy View Post
You can Try Info graphics, guest blogging, blogging, article submission and sharing them in social media sites.. these are some of the effective link building strategies
If they are so effective, care to explain why they are the exact sorts of unnatural links that Google is trying to catch with the penguin algoirthm?

Last edited by Birdie; 06-17-2016 at 12:00 AM.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:30 AM
Contributing Member

1. Build links using sites related to your niche. Avoid buying links in places like fiverr
2. Guest post on related blog/website
3. Join forums and make your contributions.
4. Use blog that has commentluv to make comment. The top article will appear as part of the comment.

Old 06-22-2016, 02:16 AM

Well yes to avoid penalty by Google, avoid Black Hat Techniques such as duplicate content, keyword stuffing, creating back-links on same keywords, negative SEO. Avoid all these techniques and do use optimized content, social media marketing, quality On-Page and Off-Page SEO.

Old 06-22-2016, 09:43 PM
Banned

White hat SEO technique is always right and effective but their are so many Google algos have came cause of this many facing ranking related issues. Since LSI has come my ranking also has decreased in some extent, even I always do white hat SEO. So nowadays everything is effecting by the content and depending as well. So if we create our content as per LSI than we can improve our ranking.

Old 06-23-2016, 07:50 AM
Contributing Member

I always say that you have to assume Google will one day be smarter than you - because that day will come, i don't doubt it.

When it does come, all spammy backlinks / forum spam / blog comments will face penalties. The way I try to approach backlinking is by guest posting mostly. I write articles for blogs before i've even asked them permission. I know that if i write something that is genuinely good and of value, it will get posted.

This is definitely not the easy route and results in many articles written for no reason, but i know it will withstand the test of time.

Old 06-26-2016, 05:50 PM
Contributing Member

Just Get Natural Backlinks as many as you can and don't spam
so if you do this you will get rank higher and you will never be penalized by google

Old 06-28-2016, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emilyrose9 View Post
Hello everybody,

Can anybody tell me how to get more search traffic by building links without Google Penalty? Is there any good way to do so... Any suggestion will highly be appreciated..
My good old fashioned "but very useful" reply for this question...and it's a good question by the way, is...

Build quality content in the form of video, audio, text, and picture around your target market's key questions they need answered, and be everywhere with your content.

Create a legitimate posting schedule and be very intention about your want to help others reach their answers.

You won't be able to keep with the traffic trust me...in that same breath be sure that you've got a system to capture visitors contact info (emails) in place before you get crazy publishing.

Nobody wants to take on the work it actually takes to develop content at a consistent basis, so if you actually 'do it' you'll be easy to jump ahead of the pack.

Remember, consistency is key and quality of quantity. Research your market deep so you can find the best questions to answer.

Use all forms of publishing, social, live, blogs, content sites like youtube, slideshare, medium, enzine articles, soundcloud, itunes, podcasts, be everywhere.

Key note...it's going to take time and effort but if you never start you never get there.

GET BUSY much love to ya, good luck!

Old 06-28-2016, 10:23 PM
Contributing Member

These are the most reliable Whitehat SEO techniques:

1. Informative content - this is the most effective Whitehat SEO; you create web content primarily for your readers, not for search engines.

2. Optimized keywords, titles, metatags and descriptions - Make sure these elements really represent your website or relevant to your niche.

3. Quality Inbound links - link building strategy that comes from authority sites and relevant to your niche website. If done correctly, this technique will help your website to rank higher in search engines.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread