Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Contextual Networks

Contextual Networks Focuses on discussions concerning contextual ad network programs.

Share |
Old 10-23-2006, 08:15 PM
Easily Outraged

Is the web too saturated now to make significant money with adsense in a niche?

I have been thinking for a while that I would like try and see how well I can do as far as making money with Google Adsense or YPN. However, I don't want to be just another made for adsense site.

My question is: Is it too late to try to get into this area and is it just not worthwhile?

I know big sites can make big bucks, but that's true for most older sites.

If i wanted to give this a go, where should i start and do you have any resources I can read more about this?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 10-23-2006, 08:18 PM
Contributing Member

Moved.

Old 10-23-2006, 08:20 PM
Easily Outraged

Thanks. my bad

Old 10-23-2006, 10:20 PM
Contributing Member

i wouldnt say the its saturated.

what i would say is the users are not gullible nowadays. they can differentiate between an ad and content far easily than before.

hence the difficulty in make money with adsense.

having said that, if your market has a lot of teens or for that matter older audience, then you can.

these users may know its an ad but not really "bother" abt it.

Old 10-23-2006, 10:38 PM
Contributing Member

I think as long as you have a large number of visitors there will always be click throughs thats just how sales works. No its not too saturated you just need luck.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:19 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjashoes View Post
I think as long as you have a large number of visitors there will always be click throughs thats just how sales works. No its not too saturated you just need luck.
I agree, earnings in adsense will always depend on the site traffic, the more traffic the more earnings and ofcourse it will depends on the niche.

Old 10-23-2006, 11:52 PM
Contributing Member

You are not too late -- but certainly there is now more competition the niches which used to earn $5/click is now at $0.5 but certainly by the time internet users are also increasing (means traffic on internet) but at the same to more competition is also poured in by webmasters.

At the end i would say must try and work hard you will find more ways to earn than just PPC.

Old 10-24-2006, 12:01 AM
No Longer Active

I feel that when you write about topics that you truly have interest in (not just the value of the clicks) it makes a substantial difference in your financial results. I think a response that I made in the blogging forum applies to this same situation that you are asking about. http://www.v7n.com/forums/472203-post3.html

Old 10-24-2006, 05:54 AM
Contributing Member

- Web surfers are more savvy about AdSense
- AdWords advertisers are smarter about how they bid/spend money
- Most lucrative niches have decent competition now

These are all true, and, you can still make money with sites/AdSense. I agree with Cricket in that you should really concentrate your efforts on subjects that you find interesting/rewarding. If it's not a labor of love, the site will most likely not be very rewarding either financially (because you won't go the extra mile to make it cool/interesting/perfect) or spiritually (because you don't really care about it).

Old 10-24-2006, 09:48 AM
Easily Outraged

Very good advice.

I do believe the future of adsense related income is in sites targetted to kids and teens who don't know any better or are thrilled by the provocative ads.

We'll see, I have some ideas up my sleeve.

Old 10-24-2006, 11:05 AM

I would suggest your broaden your horizons just trying to throw up a site and thrive off adsense. Adsense is not the most efficient way to make money online, and is a pretty passive and inefficient means of creating revenue online.

Regardless it is far from saturated and there is a lot of opportunity out there.

Old 10-24-2006, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

Also it really depends how deep and wide you go..

I mean lets say the "Sport" nIche..

A main site relating to all sports.. lots of subniches inside that..

football
baseball
hockey
and so on and so on...

Going deep and wide with related sites, blogs, eec, etc, using all these resources with adsense, and FUNNELING the traffic to the main site also with adsense on it..

This has to generate something, as long as you plan it right with plenty of fresh content all round.. and GET the traffic.. you should ONLY see adsense as an extra bonus tho.. really you need more eggs in the basket.

Even if each sub site earned only 10 bucks a day..and you have 50 of them.. you know.. mounts up..

Rob

Old 11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
Contributing Member

If you can put togther a good unique site then no... otherwise it probably is.

Old 11-23-2006, 01:30 AM
Contributing Member

I think pretty much everyone knows what adsense is but I still click ads if they sound interesting to me. Its just a matter of hitting the right person at the right time.

I do agree theres much better ways to make money online. I have just started using affiliates, Ill let you guys know how it turns out.

Old 11-23-2006, 09:14 PM
v7n Mentor

There's always potential.

Old 11-23-2006, 11:01 PM
v7n Mentor

It is very saturated now in most industries but there is still room to find less competitive categories to make money from. Yes there's always potential but it will be harder the longer you wait to launch your new website. If you want good positions you have to be in it for the long haul. No point in trying it for 8 months and giving up.

There's a lot of money to be made from affiliate programs. I never thought a couple years ago I'd make an extra G a year just from selling cover cream and skin concealer ? Fortunately for us, the SE's are still letting affiliate sites rank in the top 3 of their serps. I know there are a lot of people here at V7n that use affiliate sites to generate extra cash.

Definately think there is more money to be made in selling products via affiliate websites vs. making extra cash with a website that is just making money with Adsense. However, Adsense sites are easy and quick to develop.

Old 11-24-2006, 03:45 AM
Contributing Member

Yes, it's saturated, but there's still a lot left. You need to dig deep to find a suitable niche.
Once you have some clicks coming in, then think of testing with different ad units. I see some units performing better, while others barely get cents.
When going in a "tight" niche, after a certain traffic point it gets difficult to increase the traffic and then you got to think of making more with same traffic, (more clicks, higher payouts...).
I wish I would have capitalised on this adsense thing earlier...

Old 11-24-2006, 11:00 PM

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjashoes View Post

I think pretty much everyone knows what adsense is but I still click ads if they sound interesting to me. Its just a matter of hitting the right person at the right time.
I disagree. I believe the average web surfer has no idea what adsense is. If you stopped 10 people in the street, I bet only 2 of them would know what it is. I think because as webmasters we know, we just assume everyone knows. I have been on the Internet pretty much since it began, but it wasn't until I developed a website myself a few years ago that I discovered adsense. Until then, I had never heard of it.

I think there is still money to be made with adsense and with websites in general. Just my

Old 12-03-2006, 04:08 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet View Post
I disagree. I believe the average web surfer has no idea what adsense is. If you stopped 10 people in the street, I bet only 2 of them would know what it is. I think because as webmasters we know, we just assume everyone knows. I have been on the Internet pretty much since it began, but it wasn't until I developed a website myself a few years ago that I discovered adsense. Until then, I had never heard of it.

I think there is still money to be made with adsense and with websites in general. Just my
Yeah your right, I think most people realize they are ads now where as before if you saw something like adsense you might think its a link.

Old 12-03-2006, 10:09 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick View Post
Very good advice.

I do believe the future of adsense related income is in sites targetted to kids and teens who don't know any better or are thrilled by the provocative ads.

We'll see, I have some ideas up my sleeve.
Don't get your hopes up too much. My Neopets site's revenues are down 70%, while traffic is up 300% compared to this time last year. CTR is down by like 70% aswell.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Webmaster Revenue > Contextual Networks