Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 07-29-2016, 05:49 AM

When to submit the xml sitemap?

Hi everyone,
I have a query in mind that when the XML sitemap to be submitted especially when your website is new and no content on the website? Please reply any expert.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-30-2016, 12:38 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanyPunk View Post
Hi everyone,
I have a query in mind that when the XML sitemap to be submitted especially when your website is new and no content on the website? Please reply any expert.
You have to submit the site map when you create some posts on your website and you don't need to submit in daily basic once you submitted if your using cms like wordpress.

Old 07-30-2016, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar24 View Post
You have to submit the site map when you create some posts on your website and you don't need to submit in daily basic once you submitted if your using cms like wordpress.
Yes, I know The XML sitemap is submitted only once but I am little confused because my website has no content yet that is why I am asking this question please help.

Old 07-30-2016, 06:23 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Yes, I know The XML sitemap is submitted only once but I am little confused because my website has no content yet that is why I am asking this question please help.
If yoi don't haves any post then adding a sitemap doesn't adds any value., consider after adding some post so that you can check when they will be indexed.

Old 08-01-2016, 08:43 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Hi everyone,
On SEO scale, it's better not to publish a website for search engines if it has no content. In other words - no sitemap and no index (plus no follow) meta tags.

If website has some valuable content then ask your self... Why this page exists if it has no content in the first place? May be adding canonical link or no index (plus no follow) meta tags will help?

And don't forget to read this:
https://support.google.com/webmaster..._topic=4581190

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar24 View Post
If yoi don't haves any post then adding a sitemap doesn't adds any value., consider after adding some post so that you can check when they will be indexed.
Make no mistake, sitemap adds no value. It just tells for search engines: This URL exists, maybe it's worth of indexing and crawling it!

Last edited by memodorial; 08-01-2016 at 09:01 PM.

Old 08-01-2016, 09:14 PM
Contributing Member

Let's install plugin seo by yoast, in that allow you to generate Xml sitemap. I think when you have announce with google to index, it's best time to generate xml

Old 08-01-2016, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Vietnam View Post
Let's install plugin seo by yoast, in that allow you to generate Xml sitemap. I think when you have announce with google to index, it's best time to generate xml
Oh, that new generation of web developers... Know only word press... And think that's enough for becoming web development expert... GJ

Old 08-02-2016, 12:49 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by memodorial View Post
Oh, that new generation of web developers... Know only word press... And think that's enough for becoming web development expert... GJ
I know a lot of languages for creating web, from PHP by hand dirty to Laravel or wordpress... But I think we should chose the best easy way to recommend for everybody. Let's focus on the Question of this topic, thanks

Old 08-02-2016, 01:05 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Vietnam View Post
I know a lot of languages for creating web, from PHP by hand dirty to Laravel or wordpress... But I think we should chose the best easy way to recommend for everybody. Let's focus on the Question of this topic, thanks
Exactly, lets focus on the topic. This topic is about sitemaps, not about resource-leaked word press features, if you can't read

Old 08-02-2016, 01:26 AM

if you installed Yoast seo plugin no need instal other plugin

Old 08-02-2016, 01:28 AM
Contributing Member

Hi Jany - Sitemap means nothing when there is no content in your site. You have to create your content first, build pages, then create xml sitemap and submit it for easy crawling and indexing in google, bing etc..

Old 08-02-2016, 02:05 AM

it will do you no harm. you can sub,it it. if you have no content than google wont crowl it.

Old 08-02-2016, 08:44 AM
Banned

I think, If your site have some content, when you should submit your site.

Old 08-02-2016, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator - Rest in Peace 2018

Stop mentioning YOAST ask not everyone use's wordpress folks. Let's try to get a bit more detailed in our responses

Old 08-05-2016, 04:53 AM
Contributing Member

Google will definitely find your website and Index it but if you can submit that will good SEO practice. But whenever you submit your sitemap and allow in robots ready your site with full of content and everything.

Old 08-12-2016, 01:44 AM
Contributing Member

Finish first your website and input all the contents. DO Onpage (keyword research, etc) and after that submit your sitemap.xml to your domain root directory using ftp or cpanel.

Additional info below:

http://searchengineland.com/importan...e-panda-214952
https://seo-hacker.com/sitemap-effects-seo-tutorial/
http://www.bruceclay.com/jp/seo/advanced/xmlsitemap.htm

Old 08-16-2016, 03:04 AM
Contributing Member

Frist of all complete your website, and it designs, and it's on page SEO after that create the sitemap using online tools. Then upload that file to the root folder of the site. Once you are done with this, go to your Google webmaster and click on submit sitemap button.

you can check sitemap using this like this
www.abc.com/sitemap.xml

Thanks

Old 08-16-2016, 12:50 PM
Contributing Member

One of the common reason people submit their sitemap to search engines is because they want their website to be discovered quickly by spiders and don’t want to wait for the search engines to find them organically.

If you are building a website for the first time, you're probably concerned about how search engines would see it...

So, the best rule of thumb is once your website is ready submit your sitemap on the webmaster tools...

However, if you are facing any type of issue related with the sitemap then you ask us we will surely help you

Old 08-16-2016, 10:16 PM

You should submit it as soon as you can. As you continue making posts, the sitemap will continue building up your links and Google will continue crawling them. So, as I said, IMO, ASAP.

Old 08-17-2016, 12:38 PM
Contributing Member

I submit a new xml sitemap as soon as I create any new pages as well as fetch it in webmaster tools to get it index as quick as possible.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread