Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-06-2016, 12:24 AM
v7n Mentor

The Future Of SEO

Rather than wondering what Google will change in the next year or two, I would like to focus on the long term goals Google might have to determine which direction SEO will be headed as the main reason for Google's success is the ability to keep searchers happy with their results.
What can and will Google do to ensure such thing in the future?
Rather than guessing or wondering what the next update will bring, I would like to begin by assuming a couple of things and then see how you guys might predict things are going to go in terms of what we have to work with and what we will be up against.

1) I believe that social signals will play an even bigger role using Youtube, Gplus etc. and possibly other channels to measure the popularity of not only articles but the types of articles posted. I have seen a change in terms of Google getting a lot better identifying specific pages from websites showing up in the results that are most definite for the specific keyterms while in the past we often had to click once or twice more to get from the site showing up what exactly we are looking for.

2) While more and more keyterms will be commercialized and ranking abilities decrease, Google will permanently be on the lookout for a new wave of information. Be it research or current events ... trends are likely to do well. If we continue to improve and target information not yet out there, we have a chance to get the organic push.

3) stronger shifts in suggested results....
based on 2), I can imagine that there will be also a lot more flexibility in terms of what Google is going to show searchers that might not be exactly targeted but proven to be of interest to those who search specific terms. this is due to a lot of faster communication from mobile signals indicating where the public might be headed next in terms of interest indicated.

Which changes do you see happening soon and what types of changes you've seen happening do you consider especially significant and an indicator of what is to come?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 02-22-2017, 04:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think Google Seo will be overtaken by Social media sites as person can communicate there in much better way.

Old 02-22-2017, 05:05 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I think SEO will stay within marketing at most enterprise companies for the foreseeable future, but there could be a shift back to IT or even to Operations. I think this would be driven by a better appreciation of SEO’s value when done right. In many marketing departments, it’s just a ‘thing’ that happens around various campaigns; it’s not integrated as well as it could/should be, and that partially explains why the cost is being driven down so much. It makes sense in marketing because of ties to content and PR, but we could see a change there.

Old 02-27-2017, 12:30 AM

Well I think there are a lot more things to work on, still google needs to improve. It has got a lot more problems to show better search result and the use of social media means direct influence of human users on the search result

Old 02-27-2017, 07:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I think that SEO and social media signals will continue to build long keyword search terms for hyper-specific recommendations. The auto fill or suggested searches will continue to dive deeper into learning personalized search habits and use extended data points across all internet behaviors to create a personalized experience. The difficulty will be keeping up with these extended practices to remain relevant.

Old 02-27-2017, 09:47 AM
Latest Blog:
None

I don't know much influence will actually come from social signals, but I'm not as optimistic as most ppl about social signals. Actually I think RankBrain might become more sophisticated but I doubt FB things will play too much of a role in ranking a website.

Old 03-01-2017, 10:13 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoClickOn View Post
It is clear that Google will focus on machine learning, understanding of semantics, connections and patterns and user experience in the future.
Pretty much the trend I've been seeing.

Old 03-25-2017, 12:46 AM

Smile

Hello, your prediction can some how consider. But i don't think it will ever be happened as Google is a best source for every one. Social sites can play a vital role but Google can not be overtaken by anything. Most of the SEO experts can agree with my opinion.

Old 03-26-2017, 10:30 AM

I believe user experience and his behaviour on the website will play the greatest role. How much time the reader spends on the website, does he or she clicks inside the site etc

Old 03-26-2017, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayday View Post
I believe user experience and his behaviour on the website will play the greatest role. How much time the reader spends on the website, does he or she clicks inside the site etc
This is not new news as this has been important for awhile now. Bounce rate has always been important in SEO. Bad bounce rate means something wrong with your theme, page speed, content or other things.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:00 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric_wahlberg View Post
I think Google Seo will be overtaken by Social media sites as person can communicate there in much better way.
I don't see that happening as social media can not match the diversity and volume of the content one can find via google.

Old 03-29-2017, 04:39 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I personally feel that SEO will become more powerful than ever before. It is going to do a much better job of understanding the intent of visitors.

Old 03-29-2017, 05:11 AM
Contributing Member

Most SEO that happens today is artificially generated. You optimise for keywords, you build backlinks, you promote on social media etc. If Google really wants to set SEO on the right path, it needs to make use of AI to figure out what content is relevant for whom and show the search results accordingly. In the future, everyone will probably see their own personalised version of search results and so SEO as we know now will cease to exist!

Old 04-04-2017, 01:13 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

As a fellow as SEO, one thing I do stress is that SEO isn't just SEO. It ties in social media, mobile, conversion optimization, analytics, among several other things, what with the evolution of search engines. I don't think SEO will die but evolve, and with it comes opportunities to become a subject matter expert into search engine behavior towards a specific aspect of a website. You essentially have to have an open mind and an inquisitive personality to see how search engines react to elements of a website.

Old 04-04-2017, 10:34 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by brentclark2003 View Post
As a fellow as SEO, one thing I do stress is that SEO isn't just SEO. It ties in social media, mobile, conversion optimization, analytics, among several other things, what with the evolution of search engines. I don't think SEO will die but evolve, and with it comes opportunities to become a subject matter expert into search engine behavior towards a specific aspect of a website. You essentially have to have an open mind and an inquisitive personality to see how search engines react to elements of a website.
You are not a SEO expert. In fact, you copied and pasted this message with no link back to the original author. That's called stealing content and Google doesn't like that to well.

https://www.quora.com/What-is-the-fu...?no_redirect=1

Old 04-08-2017, 12:45 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Voice search may become somewhat popular in the future. I read a blog post about this but people are speculating an nothing is set in stone. Things change all the time in the SEO world.

That's the problem. we have to predict and stay current with whats going on.

Old 04-10-2017, 05:35 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
Voice search may become somewhat popular in the future. I read a blog post about this but people are speculating an nothing is set in stone. Things change all the time in the SEO world.

That's the problem. we have to predict and stay current with whats going on.
Have you ever done a search on Youtube for a certain keyword not featured in the description, title or anywhere in the comments but only in the spoken text of the video?

Old 04-10-2017, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
Have you ever done a search on Youtube for a certain keyword not featured in the description, title or anywhere in the comments but only in the spoken text of the video?
I have not used voice search yet if that was where you are going. Although, I should prolly learn all about it.

Old 04-10-2017, 11:15 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitetutor View Post
Is Google able to recognise spoken text in videos? I thought it could only do written text in the description etc.

Old 04-12-2017, 07:54 AM
v7n Mentor

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Is Google able to recognise spoken text in videos?
How do you think Google voice recognizes on your cell what you are talking about? This was once a top 5 marketing forum. Where are the news?

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum