Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 01-06-2017, 12:30 PM

Google not indexing pages

I,he been waiting for G to index my new site for 2 weeks, and they still haven't indexed all the pages. There are only a few pages and I do have a couple backlinks. Also submitted to G website and sitemap. So, I,m wondering if this is an indication they don't like the content. Any opinions?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 01-06-2017, 12:39 PM
Contributing Member

It all depends on G priority so once you have submitted the sitemap it sends notification to search engine to crawl the website but it all depends upon Search engine priority when to crawl it. You can build few high quality back links to your site it helps to crawl your site.

It depends how often you update your site and also how much visitors are visiting your website. It can be a minute of time or it could take up to several days for Google to crawl a website. So all you can do is submit a sitemap, add fresh content, Get good quality back links and the rest depend on Google.

Old 01-06-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by haircare1 View Post
It all depends on G priority so once you have submitted the sitemap it sends notification to search engine to crawl the website but it all depends upon Search engine priority when to crawl it. You can build few high quality back links to your site it helps to crawl your site.
Yea, I've been debating whether to work on some guest posting, because I didn't know if it would make a difference, and I don't have a lot of time.

Old 01-06-2017, 01:10 PM

How are you measuring whether or not Google has indexed your site?

cache: for a URL?
site: for your website?
Webmaster Tools/Search Console?

What do each of these tell you?

Old 01-06-2017, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by reliableacorn View Post
How are you measuring whether or not Google has indexed your site?

cache: for a URL?
site: for your website?
Webmaster Tools/Search Console?

What do each of these tell you?
I've only used site:domain but will check the others.

Old 01-07-2017, 05:38 AM

There may be several reason for this. First you need check if there is no duplicate title tag on your page and also description. Because some time google not take action if your meta title and description is duplicate.

Old 01-07-2017, 06:10 AM

Check if your meta title and title are different.
Google may have indexed your page under a different version of your domain name http//www or http//yoursite make sure that you've added the other one too!

Old 01-07-2017, 08:00 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeatherFace View Post
I,he been waiting for G to index my new site for 2 weeks, and they still haven't indexed all the pages. There are only a few pages and I do have a couple backlinks. Also submitted to G website and sitemap. So, I,m wondering if this is an indication they don't like the content. Any opinions?
Sitemap does not guarantee indexing.
You need to 'fetch as Google' in webmaster tools (use Fetch and Render for both mobile AND desktop). When you'll reach accomplished page status, submit indexing is all that remains!

Quote:
Originally Posted by technocratshorizons View Post
There may be several reason for this. First you need check if there is no duplicate title tag on your page and also description. Because some time google not take action if your meta title and description is duplicate.
LOL. You only will receive 'html improvements' message.

Old 01-07-2017, 11:02 AM

Easiest way: Searching for Google by Pasting the page's link summited with Google Search Console within the quotes ("https://abc.xyz/page/123/").
Without the page in SERP, the page was not indexed.

Old 01-07-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by memodorial View Post
Sitemap does not guarantee indexing.
You need to 'fetch as Google' in webmaster tools (use Fetch and Render for both mobile AND desktop). When you'll reach accomplished page status, submit indexing is all that remains!

LOL. You only will receive 'html improvements' message.
Right you should not rely upon Sitemap. Pinging your URL on pingler will increase the chances for your pages to be indexed faster.

Old 01-07-2017, 01:52 PM

All very good advice and I'm working on it. However, I did see that the pages are included in Search Console. I saw a major problem when using site:domain; Google gave a message about excluding some of the results because they were similar to all the other pages. That can't be good!

Anyway, now I'm working on improving content, which is why I'm trying to hire a content writer in Looking to Hire.

Old 01-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

Sometimes Google might take longer then usual to index web pages. If still your pages are not being indexed, try bookmarking them on few good quality sites and update fresh and unique content on pages.

Google is content hungry, it will be good if you hiring a dedicated content writer.

Old 01-09-2017, 05:05 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gainfromhere View Post
How to know google is not indexing our pages?
Simply go to Google.com and in search enter the URL which you want to check is getting crawled or not.

If your link is visible in the SERP, than link is Indexed. Whereas if you can't see page, it means your page is not crawled and thus it is not indexed.

Old 01-13-2017, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

you must use google submit or google fetch as in google webmaster tool. I use it all the time. google index super quickly

Old 01-21-2017, 02:51 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haircare1 View Post

It depends how often you update your site and also how much visitors are visiting your website. It can be a minute of time or it could take up to several days for Google to crawl a website. So all you can do is submit a sitemap, add fresh content, Get good quality back links and the rest depend on Google.
I can blow your theories out of the water.

None of my sites use a Sitemap and are indexed just fine thank you very much.

I just used the site operator to check how many pages indexed. A really old page was recached without any link building or updates.
Quote:
It is a snapshot of the page as it appeared on 17 Jan 2017 04:11:36 GMT
When I was blogging regularly the posts were indexed in moments.

Any proof the indexed and reindexing is based on visits? How would Google even know how many visits you have if they were obtained from links on other sites, social media, email links or bookmarks in one's browser?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducbum View Post
you must use google submit or google fetch as in google webmaster tool. I use it all the time. google index super quickly
See above. I have never used the submit page for any of my sites either.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aegisinfoways View Post
It all depends on G concern so once you have submitted the sitemap it sends notification to search engine to crawl the website but it all relies upon upon Search engine priority when to crawl it. You can build few high quality backlinks to your website it helps to crawl your site.
See above.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread