Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Closed Thread

Share |
Old 03-28-2017, 01:40 PM

IMPORTANT: Can Google AdWords hurt your websites SEO?

Let me add a bit more to the topic. I’m not asking about the value that comes with AdWords research which can be utilized in an SEO strategy….

What we’ve seen is that AdWord campaigns can have a higher bounce rate than organic SEO campaigns, so if a high bounce rate can be a negative factor for SEO is it possible that there are other negative factors as a result of an AdWords campaign?

We’ve seen AdWord campaigns stopped and all of a sudden seen a bump in some clients SEO. (This is keeping all things the same, no big Google updates.)

**Note: The reason we ask is because there aren't many articles on a negative correlation and we would like to see if other SEOs have seen a positive or a negative when running both Campaigns (Organic & Paid) in parallel.

Thanks for your feedback!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 03-30-2017, 07:32 AM

Adwords campaigns usually send the user to a landing page, not to your website so the bounce shouldn't affect the website you are promoting by SEO.

Old 03-31-2017, 12:48 PM
Contributing Member

Adwords and SEO have no direct relation so there is nothing negative and also bounce rate is not a ranking factor so don't worry about it.

Old 03-31-2017, 01:04 PM

Dear friend,

I think there is no relation between google adwords and Google SERP. when you pay and create campaign then you see your ads display on google search ads section. And seo is deffer thing it is depend on create good quality link building for your website. then you see site organically show in google 1st page.

Old 03-31-2017, 03:13 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by haircare1 View Post
Adwords and SEO have no direct relation so there is nothing negative and also bounce rate is not a ranking factor so don't worry about it.
You are quite wrong.

A high bounce rate can indicate low quality user experience and is indeed a ranking factor. There are many articles and post corroborating this and I have also found fluctuations in rankings when my bounce rate has been higher.

Old 03-31-2017, 04:07 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesandno View Post
Adwords campaigns usually send the user to a landing page, not to your website so the bounce shouldn't affect the website you are promoting by SEO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by haircare1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswainmedha View Post
Dear friend,

I think there is no relation between google adwords and Google SERP. when you pay and create campaign then you see your ads display on google search ads section. And seo is deffer thing it is depend on create good quality link building for your website. then you see site organically show in google 1st page.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woomeister View Post
You are quite wrong.

A high bounce rate can indicate low quality user experience and is indeed a ranking factor. There are many articles and post corroborating this and I have also found fluctuations in rankings when my bounce rate has been higher.
All of you,
Please provide backup information with your reply/stance on the subject.

Quote:
While each is entitled to his own opinion, no one is entitled to his own "facts."
deepsand
Rest In Peace 1946 – 2013

Old 04-02-2017, 12:55 PM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
All of you,
Please provide backup information with your reply/stance on the subject.

deepsand
Rest In Peace 1946 – 2013
I did... "A high bounce rate can indicate low quality user experience and is indeed a ranking factor" That is fact that any decent SEO is aware of....Why should I give you my actual web data stats??? You are basically saying 'prove it'. Or in other words "i don't believe you".

The pedantry on here is getting ridiculous.

unsubscribed...again.

Old 04-02-2017, 11:05 PM
Contributing Member

Here's a discussion on Moz on this topic. It's a contentious issue even there with roughly half the people agreeing that Adwords impacts SEO positively and the other half disagreeing.

https://moz.com/community/q/how-goog...ct-seo-ranking

Like Woomeister says above, the only way to prove or disprove this definitively would be for someone to share their stats, which I doubt people would be willing to do.

However, in my personal experience Adwords has done more good than harm to SEO. High bounce rate happens when you don't select your keywords carefully or don't design a great landing page experience. If these factors can be taken care of there's no reason why PPC and SEO can't go hand in hand.

Old 05-09-2017, 11:53 PM
Contributing Member

Adwords and SEO are related to each other. If your website is optimized, it improves your ad quality score and lowers your cost per click.

To lower your bounce rate, you have to use the right keyword match type.

Old 05-10-2017, 06:05 AM

Adwords and seo

Adwords is for Google sites and websites that use Google Adsense while SEO principles are applicable for all search engines.

Old 05-23-2017, 08:12 AM
Contributing Member

Overall I do not believe in any direct relation - but bouncerate data could theorecticly be shared and used for ranking sites in search results. Plausible but unlikely

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Closed Thread