Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-16-2017, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Is Google AMP Worth It? Three Real-World Case Studies

If you are wondering if you should go through the expense of implementing AMP pages on your site perhaps this review of 3 case studies will help you prioritize whether you should implement it immediately or not:
Quote:
Google’s Accelerated Mobile Pages project remains a hot topic among web developers and SEOs alike, with fierce debates about whether or not to adopt this new standard for mobile webpages. There are many arguments both for and against adopting AMP, ranging from usability issues, lack of tracking script support (for better or worse), diverting resources away from optimising regular webpages, and so on.

In this article I want to offer a purely commercial perspective on the debate. I want to show what the potential impact of implementing AMP can be on your business, and I will do this by showing case studies for three different types of website: a news site, a lead-gen website, and an ecommerce site.

Hopefully, by giving these real-world examples of websites that have adopted AMP, I can help clarify some aspects of the debate, or perhaps ignite other fires.
Is Google AMP Worth It? Three Real-World Case Studies
April 13, 2017

Please read the whole article before commenting. There are some interesting facts presented which conclude:
Quote:
...If, however, you only care about markets in the west, AMP is probably not ready yet. Definitely keep an eye on the standard and how it develops, but it might be too early to go all-in just yet...

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-16-2017, 10:55 AM
Administrator

AMP For Retailers: Is It Worth It?

Here is an article on Smashing Magazine that reviews how to implement AMP pages on an ecommerce site and notes on it's limitations.

Quote:
...Some of the drawbacks that have been noted are mostly due to the fact that AMP for e-commerce is rather new. There are a few concerns about the quality of the user experience offered by AMP e-commerce pages because some e-commerce functionality is not yet available, such as search bars, faceted search filters, login and cart features...

...There has been some grumbling about the format among marketers. AMP relies on simplified JavaScript and CSS. As a consequence, tracking and advertising on AMP pages is less sophisticated than on traditional HTML pages. That being said, the main drawback is that implementing AMP pages effectively will take time and effort. The code is proprietary, heavily restricts JavaScript (iframes are not allowed, for example) and even limits CSS (with some properties being outright banned)....
AMP For Retailers: Is It Worth It?
April 12th, 2017

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 04-30-2017, 08:03 AM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

I removed amp 3 days ago and my traffic is a little better but it's only 3 days.

Old 05-23-2017, 11:42 AM
Contributing Member

I will stick with responsive websites for now at least. (That said, if first Google goes behind something and maybe gives it a SEO boost then...)

Old 05-23-2017, 10:27 PM
Contributing Member

Purchases continue to be a problem for ecommerce guys who want to implement Amp. The product listing may load quickly, but if the users have a slow experience connecting to the payments platform then they're gonna drop anyway.

Old 06-17-2017, 04:48 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTMLBasicTutor View Post
review of 3 case studies will help you prioritize whether you should implement it immediately or not:
nonsense! Examples have only separate URL versions... Remember that true web is responsive, without displaying AMP version only for mobile users.

AMP is a framework that is created for coders and not for anyone only to use a Plugin on a resource-leaking WordPress CMS. So, real question is if your developers are ready to implement cutting-edge technology? That if you have any.
Quote:
Originally Posted by snakeair View Post
I removed amp 3 days ago and my traffic is a little better but it's only 3 days.
I'd recommend moving to responsive AMP, because generally SEO is same only that with enabled Top Stories Carousel and very fast page speed.

Just remember this about analytics in AMP (mobile traffic):
1. Decrease in Organic Search is because users now come from https://cdn.ampproject.org/ referral instead.
2. Like they've said on AMP conference, higher bounce rate is better

Plus there is very simplified PWA in AMP, that makes users to come back or browse pages without internet connection:

Last edited by memodorial; 06-17-2017 at 04:51 PM.

Old 08-24-2017, 05:56 AM

I feel that Google's AMP functionality helps in reducing the Page load time.

AMP basically is an HTML page designed to be super lightweight and critically designs really fast loading.

Old 10-26-2017, 08:39 AM

Yes its worth it in 2018, and when they finish they product, im still not using it yet.

Old 11-06-2017, 11:11 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

yes, it worth update for all SEO experts. you will see the website is now opening in mobile rapidly, effect on ranking too.

Old 11-09-2017, 07:53 PM

I've just installed AMP on my blog and I think it's a good practice, at least for the time being. If your site is built on Wordpress, don't use the default Wordpress AMP plugin. It has no option to configure your AMP pages whatsoever. Instead use the "AMP for WP – Accelerated Mobile Pages". It has great user interface and many options to configure your AMP pages.

Old 11-20-2017, 02:48 AM

yes it will help you infront of google table but in real time, you will not see any effects

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum