Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-11-2017, 10:25 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Question Is there any solution to google adwords fake clicks ?

Fake clicks are becoming a headache for now. I don't even get any visitors or sessions wrt to any fake clicks. They are totally hidden. Can not even block them as i didn't get any ip addresses or sessions !!

I am using clicky to track down visitors.

Is there any solution to it ?

Note : Please do not comment here to increase your post count. I need genuine and helpful answer's.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-12-2017, 12:58 AM

yet none result in a phone call? I have to get a phone call to get a sale, yet day after day, no calls come, yet the clicks keep on coming. This has not been my history with ad words. Something is definitely wrong.I would like to initiate a fraud investigation.

Old 07-12-2017, 01:41 AM

Hello,

Google has sophisticated systems to identify invalid clicks and impressions and remove them from your account data & you will not be charged for those clicks.However, if you're concerned about activity that seems suspicious then you can investigate your account.

Old 07-12-2017, 08:34 AM

What do you mean? I see on my adwords account all the fake clicks, they don't count them as real clicks, they know how to id them.

Old 07-14-2017, 10:16 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by david19922 View Post
Hello,

Google has sophisticated systems to identify invalid clicks and impressions and remove them from your account data & you will not be charged for those clicks.However, if you're concerned about activity that seems suspicious then you can investigate your account.
I hear the same words when i call google customer care !! Isn't helping !

They must be having sophisticated systems but still i got 20 clicks on my text ad and not even a single visitor to my website. Checked apache logs, not even a single session

Old 07-14-2017, 11:24 AM
Contributing Member

I know this might not help, but I tried AdWords for a bit, a while back. The cost-per-click started getting out of control, and my limited budget was getting used up so fast - probably my competition finding a way to do this to me. So, I just stopped using it. I'm not surprised you are having these issues. I'd bet the majority of AdWords customers experience this to some degree.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:52 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Sorry if I bother you, but does fake click affect SEO?
I know there are several communities involved in traffic exchange, most of which are fake clicks and I'm wondering whether I should join.

Old 07-19-2017, 10:34 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by techlysolutions View Post
Thank you LMD, to share this information.
You answer didn't help me but it increased your post count ? Did you read the NOTE which i wrote in my first post ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewSkyler View Post
Sorry if I bother you, but does fake click affect SEO?
I know there are several communities involved in traffic exchange, most of which are fake clicks and I'm wondering whether I should join.
Why do you want to answer when you don't know anything about the topic ? I clearly wrote :

Note : Please do not comment here to increase your post count. I need genuine and helpful answer's.

and believe me your answer is not helping me !! I would have posted this thread in SEO forum if it was something related to SEO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
I know this might not help, but I tried AdWords for a bit, a while back. The cost-per-click started getting out of control, and my limited budget was getting used up so fast - probably my competition finding a way to do this to me. So, I just stopped using it. I'm not surprised you are having these issues. I'd bet the majority of AdWords customers experience this to some degree.
I found a workaround though ! Needs a little research and money. Seems like competitors in my area have a less number of machines allotted for fake clicks !

Old 07-20-2017, 07:58 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wordpressmigrator View Post
I found a workaround though ! Needs a little research and money. Seems like competitors in my area have a less number of machines allotted for fake clicks !
If it's something you feel you can report back and post, please feel free to do so. I'm still curious even though not using AdWords any longer.

Old 08-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Contributing Member

Google always reports & refunds for fake clicks gotten through adwords. What's the problem then? You're not getting charged and Google is taking responsibility for the clicks. Either ways you're not getting harmed.

Old 08-19-2017, 01:55 AM

Can you tell me clearly, are you getting fake clicks from adwords?

Old 09-29-2017, 04:07 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You gotta really know what your doing in my opinion to effectively use pay per clicks, like utilizing brackets [] so that your search query is in a specific order and not in any combination of the words. You also need to have a decent conversion rate. Call me crazy but some of the crap I was selling 1 in 100 woulda been beautiful lol!

Pay adds do not effect your SEO, which is a bad thing cuz it would certainly be nice if your site is keeping your audience on it for 3-5 minutes a pop to have that increase your ranking

Old 09-29-2017, 04:54 AM

You can approach google customer care if you find any kind of suspicious activity. If they find it genuine they might give you free credits.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum