Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-26-2017, 11:35 PM

Google has dropped Google Instant Search

Hello Webmasters,
Today I read "Google has dropped Google Instant Search" anyone explain me with example..?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 07-27-2017, 02:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Where did you read about this news? As I did not find any change recently.

Old 07-27-2017, 02:28 AM

I read it on searchengineland.

Old 07-27-2017, 12:10 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by webhost.uk.net View Post
Where did you read about this news? As I did not find any change recently.
Here's something from SearchEngineLand:
Quote:
After launching Google Instant — Google’s method of showing search results as you type them — several years ago, Google has removed the feature from search effective today.

Google Instant launched in 2010 under the leadership of Marissa Mayer. Mayer called this change a “fundamental shift in search” and the news was covered across all major media when it launched.

Now with the changes in how searchers use mobile — and over 50% of all Google searches being on mobile — Google decided to do away with this feature. A Google spokesperson told Search Engine Land:

[won't copy, sorry]

Now as you type, you will only see search suggestions and then be able to click on those suggestions to see the results. The search results will not load any result pages without clicking on a search suggestion or clicking enter.
Source: http://searchengineland.com/google-d...-search-279674

Search results won't appear as you type, you'll need to click on a suggested search term to display the search results for that term.

Old 07-28-2017, 12:38 AM

This news is ok,, but I don't think it drops someone rank..Anyone facing ranking loss or anything else..

Old 07-28-2017, 02:55 AM

Google instant retraction

this will have quite some impact i wonder where they get these terms from?
I mean seo wise we all go ignition and start typing our keywords to get a suggestions to go along with the main keyword.

On the user side it might mean less freedom but it will for google mean faster and more searches as less typing is done.

Money talks

Old 07-28-2017, 03:53 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nesir View Post
I mean seo wise we all go ignition and start typing our keywords to get a suggestions to go along with the main keyword.
Money talks
1) Google Instant was meant to help the google users and not the SEO professionals. It was useful to SEO professionals, but wasn't an authentic tool for the same. If you were using only instant search as option to list keywords, then also you need not worry but use various keyword suggestion tools available freely and paid on the web.

2) Please note that, it is Google Instant search which will be disappearing and not Google Key phrase suggestions which usually comes at the bottom of SERP results. You may still use it.

Old 07-28-2017, 04:00 AM

Imparas

Quote:
Originally Posted by imparas View Post
1) Google Instant was meant to help the google users and not the SEO professionals. It was useful to SEO professionals, but wasn't an authentic tool for the same. If you were using only instant search as option to list keywords, then also you need not worry but use various keyword suggestion tools available freely and paid on the web.

2) Please note that, it is Google Instant search which will be disappearing and not Google Key phrase suggestions which usually comes at the bottom of SERP results. You may still use it.
Yes i know of these tools but its not all i use , while im definitely no pro im not a novice either. Perhaps you are right , my main point comes down to there will be alot less typing (once) and alot more clicks on those bottom suggestions you mentioned, and to click is way faster than typing half keyword phrase to get the sugestion, maybe 3 or four seconds, now imagine the billions of users searching a few times each day decreasing their intervals of typing between search time by 3 + seconds. Thats alot more activity on google. Also this kind of herds people into a searching fashion.

Last edited by Nesir; 07-28-2017 at 04:06 AM.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:19 AM

Yes it is true as per Search Engine Land news

Yes, the news is true. Google has dropped the Google Instant Search which went on for many years. The news has been published in the Search Engine Land article published on 26th July 2017.

The reason they are doing this is because they want to bring search more inline with mobile devices.

What exactly was Google Instant Search

Google Instant Search - Google’s method of showing search results as you type them. This feature was launched to provide users with the information they need as quickly as possible, even as they typed their searches on desktop devices.

Old 08-28-2017, 07:28 AM
Contributing Member

Previously, when user typed any search query, same time results were loaded for the query which has been typed till now.
Now onward, when user types any search query, the corresponding results are not loaded (for typed query) until you press Enter button or click on search icon.

This directly shows that, Google page is now more optimized for better performance. (It will be helpful for people having low internet speed).

And by using common sense, any one can understand that, loading search results while typing query (on the fly) was good User Experience but same time, was doing multiple search queries in back end.

It is no where related to any type of SEO drop or SEO boost. I don't know, why people are so much bothered about it.

Old 08-28-2017, 09:01 PM
Contributing Member

This old article explains well what instant meant for SEO - which is not much. Since it didn't mean much, dropping it won't have much impact as well. http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...s-for-SEO.html

Old 11-20-2017, 04:08 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

well this update happen from Google algorithm side 25th July 2017

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum