Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2017, 07:05 AM
Sean101's Avatar
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
I Love Pizza

 
Join Date: 08-10-11
Location: Glasgow, Scotland, UK
Posts: 56
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Question Is Page Rank Important?

How important is Google PR / Page Rank now a days? Are people still striving for it?
 
Reply With Quote

Advertisement

Advertisement

  #2 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2017, 08:16 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean101 View Post
How important is Google PR / Page Rank now a days? Are people still striving for it?
Sure it is important. The problem is, you and I, and the rest of the known world (but for a select group of Google employees) don't know what a given web page PR is these days. I say, good riddance to the "foolbar", and those chasing PageRank.
__________________
SEO Friendly Responsive Web Design in Stouffville / Markham
Affordable Web Design by In Front Media in York Region

Last edited by LMD; 11-02-2017 at 08:19 AM.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2017, 12:02 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-17-17
Posts: 64
iTrader: 0 / 0%
If you want to build good backlinks you should go for pages with high PR so you can be trusted by Google. Yes, it is still important.
 
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2017, 12:08 PM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebar.123 View Post
If you want to build good backlinks you should go for pages with high PR so you can be trusted by Google. Yes, it is still important.
@Lemar, you missed the point. No one but a few people who work at Google know what a given pages PageRank is these days. You can guess, but you'll never know the true value of PageRank going forward.
__________________
SEO Friendly Responsive Web Design in Stouffville / Markham
Affordable Web Design by In Front Media in York Region
 
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2017, 12:38 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 05-02-14
Posts: 139
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Well, ranking factor depends on Page Rank. And no one doesn't know exactly how it works and what needs to do to achieve PR but most of the SEO's they just focus on increasing the PR where they don't have any knowledge about it.
__________________
Increase your business productivity Time Attendance System Dubai
Secure your premises with Access Control System Dubai
 
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2017, 12:48 PM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by seodaikaads View Post
Well, ranking factor depends on Page Rank.
That's one of hundreds of signals. Albeit a strong one, but not anything to focus on because you can't tell what a pages PR is any longer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by seodaikaads View Post
but most of the SEO's they just focus on increasing the PR where they don't have any knowledge about it.
Sorry, but that statement just doesn't make any sense to me.
__________________
SEO Friendly Responsive Web Design in Stouffville / Markham
Affordable Web Design by In Front Media in York Region
 
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2017, 04:52 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 07-17-13
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 55
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I'm under the understanding that now it's all about trustflow and citationflow? But that those are also "made up" by search engine optimization firms?

That said, regardless of "what it's about" I'm also under the understanding that nothing has really changed in the overall philosophy of what you should be paying attention to. That's creating good content that people want to link to and laying out your site in a manner that is easy for a robot to read and analyze.

In other words, keep doing the same stuff and the terms are just trendy semantics.
 
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2017, 06:27 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,880
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Give that man a gold star !!!! Finally someone "Gets It"!!!

Thank God Google did away with public viewing of Page Rank so all these self proclaimed scam artist SEOers would stop ripping off people - course now the claim MOZ metrics matter and they use MOZ to scam people..

SEO has not changed in 10 years - don't care what anyone says or claims. I have websites well over 10 years old and some that have never been changed or edited and still rank in the top. I have never once been hit by any Google updates and never will be....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zomgmike View Post
I'm under the understanding that now it's all about trustflow and citationflow? But that those are also "made up" by search engine optimization firms?

That said, regardless of "what it's about" I'm also under the understanding that nothing has really changed in the overall philosophy of what you should be paying attention to. That's creating good content that people want to link to and laying out your site in a manner that is easy for a robot to read and analyze.

In other words, keep doing the same stuff and the terms are just trendy semantics.
__________________
Las Vegas Events and Shows - Vegas Craft Shows Black Friday Shopping Spectacular - November 24-26, 2017
 
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 11-02-2017, 11:08 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-26-17
Posts: 45
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yes, Page rank is important for SEO,if you put your backlinks in high page rank domain you will get good quality backlinks.
 
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 11-03-2017, 02:19 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 02-02-12
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 2,880
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Maybe if you took more time reading and learning you would actually get someplace... PageRank has always been useless and always will be - NOT TO MENTION ONLY GOOGLE KNOWS WHAT A PAGES RANK IS ...

No such thing as high page rank domain <--- this does not exist!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsapphire View Post
Yes, Page rank is important for SEO,if you put your backlinks in high page rank domain you will get good quality backlinks.
__________________
Las Vegas Events and Shows - Vegas Craft Shows Black Friday Shopping Spectacular - November 24-26, 2017
 
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 11-04-2017, 05:10 PM
HTMLBasicTutor's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: 10-29-07
Location: Canada
Posts: 25,709
iTrader: 5 / 100%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean101 View Post
How important is Google PR / Page Rank now a days? Are people still striving for it?
Quote:
...Webmaster Central team has been telling webmasters for years that they shouldn't focus so much on PageRank as a metric for representing the success of oneís website....
Beyond PageRank: Graduating to actionable metrics
Official Google Webmaster Central Blog
June 30, 2011

The above post at Google Webmaster Central Blog goes on to explain what you should be focusing on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LMD View Post
Sure it is important. The problem is, you and I, and the rest of the known world (but for a select group of Google employees) don't know what a given web page PR is these days. I say, good riddance to the "foolbar", and those chasing PageRank.
Google toolbar PageRank data was removed Spring of 2016 which included feeding any of the sites claiming to know a page's PageRank.
Quote:
Originally Posted by seodaikaads View Post
Well, ranking factor depends on Page Rank. And no one doesn't know exactly how it works and what needs to do to achieve PR but most of the SEO's they just focus on increasing the PR where they don't have any knowledge about it.
Maybe said SEOs should read our Page Rank: What It Is, What It Isnít and How To Get Some thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowsapphire View Post
Yes, Page rank is important for SEO,if you put your backlinks in high page rank domain you will get good quality backlinks.
Do you have a crystal ball or some kind of insider information to know what a page's PageRank is? (see above)
__________________

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.
 
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2017, 02:11 AM
Junior Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-12-17
Posts: 40
iTrader: 0 / 0%
google has officially shutdown its PR tool.. So now i don't think about PR but focus on the traffic and ranking of site...
 
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2017, 02:37 AM
Upasana445445's Avatar
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-17
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
pagerank is very important and it's provided by the google. page rank measurement between 0 to 10.
 
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2017, 03:18 AM
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-02-16
Posts: 1,022
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Surprising to see that an old question such as this has stirred up such a debate! Guess we're still hung up on PR.
__________________
Disclaimer: I do not endorse Artist management companies in Mumbai or Top Wedding Planners in Mumbai. I am just helping a friend.
 
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 11-06-2017, 06:42 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by infosteve View Post
google has officially shutdown its PR tool.. So now i don't think about PR but focus on the traffic and ranking of site...
You are repeating that which has already been posted in the thread @stevie. Why would think that anyone want to read this twice or more times??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upasana445445 View Post
pagerank is very important and it's provided by the google. page rank measurement between 0 to 10.


Oh, did the OP ask for a definition, or was it about how important PageRank is??


It apparently will never go away.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaguar View Post
Surprising to see that an old question such as this has stirred up such a debate! Guess we're still hung up on PR.
__________________
SEO Friendly Responsive Web Design in Stouffville / Markham
Affordable Web Design by In Front Media in York Region
 
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2017, 05:48 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 07-14-17
Posts: 8
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Yes, it is very important for seo.If you want more back-links then you should go for pages with high PR so you can be trusted by Google.
 
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2017, 07:13 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangat Singh View Post
Yes, it is very important for seo.If you want more back-links then you should go for pages with high PR so you can be trusted by Google.


Another clueless poster.
__________________
SEO Friendly Responsive Web Design in Stouffville / Markham
Affordable Web Design by In Front Media in York Region
 
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 11-14-2017, 07:33 PM
v7n Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 03-29-04
Posts: 1,714
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangat Singh View Post
Yes, it is very important for seo.If you want more back-links then you should go for pages with high PR so you can be trusted by Google.
Here is a question for you: How do we determine that a page has high PR?
 
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 03:44 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 11-15-17
Location: jamaica
Posts: 2
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Page rank is powered by google and started from 1 to 10. Google visit site and update page rank every 4 month it will incease the rank.
 
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 11-15-2017, 09:11 AM
LMD's Avatar
LMD LMD is online now
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Location: Where my wife tells me to be. :)
Posts: 4,372
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by kristy212 View Post
Page rank is powered by google and started from 1 to 10. Google visit site and update page rank every 4 month it will incease the rank.




Another clueless post. Clearly shameless posting for count.
__________________
SEO Friendly Responsive Web Design in Stouffville / Markham
Affordable Web Design by In Front Media in York Region

Last edited by LMD; 11-15-2017 at 09:37 AM.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is Structured Data errors in google webmaster tool will effect the page rank? Bindumatli SEO Forum 3 11-06-2017 02:13 AM
How can increase my Page Rank fast and google trust my site? cctvsmartsystems SEO Forum 12 07-30-2017 11:37 AM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:41 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright © 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.