Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

Share |
Old 11-23-2017, 09:02 AM

Quick question about Adwords + page ranking

Ok, so i have a question. Does Google really rank your site higher if you run Adwords campaign?

I don't mean its impact on the multiple visitors the site gets. I mean if having an AdWords campaign itself tells Google to rank your site better?

My Team set a campaign, we noticed that our site started to rank much higher, now we are ahead of our main competitor! The campaign didn't generate many visitor and actions compared to what the site already had. We stopped campaigns yesterday to see if the Adwords campaigns really have any impact on ranking, or it was just a coincidence. We will monitor the ranking for 2 weeks.

Please share with me your thoughts, do AdWords campaigns have such huge impact on rankings? Are 2 weeks without the campaign enough to see any difference in ranking?

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 11-23-2017, 09:32 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anwie View Post
Ok, so i have a question. Does Google really rank your site higher if you run Adwords campaign?

I don't mean its impact on the multiple visitors the site gets. I mean if having an AdWords campaign itself tells Google to rank your site better?

My Team set a campaign, we noticed that our site started to rank much higher, now we are ahead of our main competitor! The campaign didn't generate many visitor and actions compared to what the site already had. We stopped campaigns yesterday to see if the Adwords campaigns really have any impact on ranking, or it was just a coincidence. We will monitor the ranking for 2 weeks.

Please share with me your thoughts, do AdWords campaigns have such huge impact on rankings? Are 2 weeks without the campaign enough to see any difference in ranking?
The "wizards" at Google have stated over the years that AdWords participation will not improve organic rankings. I've never tested it, but it has been corroborated by higher-up SEO's over the years as well that rankings won't improve. It would, however, be an ugly situation for Google if it were true, IMO.

I'd be very interested in seeing the results after stopping the service for a couple of weeks. Let us know.

Old 11-28-2017, 02:25 AM
Contributing Member

No... Organic and Paid Ads these are two completely different strategy of the marketing.. And running a ads will not help you to get rank organically..

Old 11-28-2017, 05:32 AM

Adwords works on your selected keywords, it will rank your site on the top of the search result. if you stop ads then your website must be have a good seo to rank on the page

Old 11-28-2017, 06:46 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by working4dream View Post
Adwords works on your selected keywords, it will rank your site on the top of the search result.
If, you go for good keys and pay the big bucks. You can also strategize using lesser popular keys, but you have to balance out and calculate the cost and efforts to sales ratio.

Old 02-21-2018, 05:12 AM

it can increase the ranking to some extent but other seo characters are also important

Old 02-22-2018, 07:35 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vRohit View Post
it can increase the ranking to some extent but other seo characters are also important
I'd like you to prove that with any authoritative source or real data gathered from your own experience. We'll wait...

Quote:
Originally Posted by milestoneu View Post
adwords works on highly traffic keywords and some of negative keywords not accepting google adwords like black magic and vashikaran etc
Didn't even read the OP, did ya.

Old 02-24-2018, 05:21 PM
Contributing Member

I wish they posted results. 2 weeks is not long enough i would like to see results after 1 or 2 months. If site goes down in search results then place more ads and see if it goes back up.

Old 03-29-2018, 12:52 AM

Now that google is becoming increasingly difficult, accounts running ads that make small mistakes are also banned

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum