Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 12-08-2017, 12:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

How long Google will recover my ranking?

Someone hacked my site 2 months ago and when I opened my site from Google it showed" this site may be harmful to your computer".. I removed all the pages of my site and deleted all the virus ( by avast), reuploaded them to server and google search console showed it's ok, but actually all the keyword rankings dropped completely and couldn't find any of them in top 10 pages ( was on 2,-3 pages before). How long will google recover my ranking and what should I do now ? it's been 2 weeks.

Last edited by J. H. Rasmussen; 12-08-2017 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Moved thread to Google Forum section.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 12-08-2017, 07:06 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel160 View Post
Someone hacked my site 2 months ago and when I opened my site from Google it showed" this site may be harmful to your computer".. I removed all the pages of my site and deleted all the virus ( by avast), reuploaded them to server and google search console showed it's ok, but actually all the keyword rankings dropped completely and couldn't find any of them in top 10 pages ( was on 2,-3 pages before). How long will google recover my ranking and what should I do now ? it's been 2 weeks.
Sorry about the hack. I feel your pain.

Well, I hope the very first thing you did was to change all passwords, FTP, site login etc - and made them extremely hard ones.

Secondly, I don't know what kind of site you have, but if it's WordPress, install a good security plugin like Wordfence. If not WordPress, I can't help with the security.

Now, how long do you wait? Until Google is good and ready. Concentrate on other things while waiting. Querying Google every hour is like watching paint dry. It'll eventually happen, but now while you are watching.

Old 12-08-2017, 07:19 PM

I have had a money site hacked in the past and it took around two weeks in my case for the site to return to the SERP possitions it had pre hack.

Old 12-09-2017, 02:47 AM

It depends,” because there are just too many variables to consider: website strength, competition, budget, skills, etc. may b it takes 3 months for proper results.

Old 12-09-2017, 03:43 AM

On which page of Google your site was ranking pre hacking?

Old 12-14-2017, 02:42 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

If you want google to crawl your page faster and show that your site is fine again, then create a couple of links. Just to get googles attention.

Old 12-19-2017, 01:22 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Penalized by Google

Long time ago, I tried getting getting BL's from this funky website, and Google penalized me big time, I was bumped from Page 1 to about Page 50. It took many months before I recovered. I know this is not the same as your situation but you could in for a long recovery period. Good Luck.

Old 12-23-2017, 05:03 PM
Latest Blog:
None

It depends on various things and multiple reasons. One of our customer's website with page rank 4 penalized in 2012, it was revoked in 2017 starting. It took that much time to recover. So before you are going get a break link from a low quality website please confirm its page authority and other factors.

Old 12-24-2017, 06:45 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavani25 View Post
One of our customer's website with page rank 4 penalized in 2012, it was revoked in 2017 starting. It took that much time to recover.
I'm really interested in what you did to tank your customer's site.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavani25 View Post
So before you are going get a break link from a low quality website please confirm its page authority and other factors.
PA means nothing, as it's not part of G's algo. All you have to do is use your eyes and brain to figure out if a potential backlink is worthwhile trying to obtain or not.

Old 12-25-2017, 12:24 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniel160 View Post
Someone hacked my site 2 months ago and when I opened my site from Google it showed" this site may be harmful to your computer"..
Has the Google manual review process been completed? Once the review process is completed, they would send an email, normally. The site would be ranking again in due course of time, which may be any where from 15 days to one month. However, the ranking may or may not be the same as before, in my experience.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum