Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Google Forum Discuss Google related issues.


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 08:14 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 201
iTrader: 0 / 0%
How often does Google crawls your website?

Folks I am interested in knowing like how often Google bot crawls your site......in the month of December my site was crawled on 1st then it was on 19th.....its evident that my site is not crawled so often.What are the factors does this depend on?

And can you also share how often is your site crawled...

1.Daily
2.Thrice a Week
3.Twice a Week
4.Once a Week
5.Once in two weeks
6.once in a month.

Thanks for your response in advance.

Nikhil
 
Reply With Quote
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 08:21 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 12-16-07
Posts: 442
iTrader: 0 / 0%
My homepage gets crawled once or twice a week but the deeper pages get crawled less often.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 08:24 AM
StarLab's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 10-29-07
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,443
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Several times per day it seems.

You got me curious, so I checked my Webalizer stats... GoogleBot has made 510 hits so far in December. (my site is just 1 month old)

Submit your site to Google (not actually required to get listed) and install a Google Site Map. Not sure if this is responsible for the frequency or not, but it can't hurt.

I'm sure others will have some tips for you.
__________________
Larry Monte
[LarryMonte.Com] - Personal Blog : Photos, etc...

"The Dude Abides..." - Jeff Lebowski
 
Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 08:26 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 201
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLab View Post
Several times per day it seems.

You got me curious, so I checked my Webalizer stats... GoogleBot has made 510 hits so far in December. (my site is just 1 month old)

Submit your site to Google (not actually required to get listed) and install a Google Site Map. Not sure if this is responsible for the frequency or not, but it can't hurt.

I'm sure others will have some tips for you.
510 hits a month...thats making me crazy
 
Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:06 AM
x3mario's Avatar
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 07-24-07
Posts: 1,509
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
510 hits a month...
It seems that spiders frequently crawled your site...good figure huh...
 
Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 10:18 AM
StarLab's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 10-29-07
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,443
iTrader: 0 / 0%
That's just so far this month... still 11 days to go...
__________________
Larry Monte
[LarryMonte.Com] - Personal Blog : Photos, etc...

"The Dude Abides..." - Jeff Lebowski
 
Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 10:41 AM
littlea's Avatar
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: In the ether
Posts: 315
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Once or twice a week for me according to my stats.
__________________
Barry Michaels-Radio is My Life! http://www.thebarrymichaels.com
 
Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 12:20 PM
StarLab's Avatar
v7n Mentor
 
Join Date: 10-29-07
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,443
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Another thought... Do you update your content frequently? The bots might be more apt to return more often if it sees constant updates...
__________________
Larry Monte
[LarryMonte.Com] - Personal Blog : Photos, etc...

"The Dude Abides..." - Jeff Lebowski
 
Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 08-15-06
Posts: 10,109
iTrader: 11 / 100%
Several times per day, 912 hits last month seems like the google bot like my site, I don't know how long...
__________________
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant."

Robespierre
 
Reply With Quote
  #10 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 201
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarLab View Post
Another thought... Do you update your content frequently? The bots might be more apt to return more often if it sees constant updates...
About once a week.....
 
Reply With Quote
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 04:51 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 201
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural Elements View Post
Several times per day, 912 hits last month seems like the google bot like my site, I don't know how long...
912......freaks - what is the traffic that your site gets in a day ( avg ) ?
 
Reply With Quote
  #12 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 05:12 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 08-15-06
Posts: 10,109
iTrader: 11 / 100%
This is different every day
__________________
"The secret of freedom lies in educating people, whereas the secret of tyranny is in keeping them ignorant."

Robespierre
 
Reply With Quote
  #13 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:35 PM
Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 12-12-07
Posts: 100
iTrader: 0 / 0%
My website gets crawled about once a week, I think. I have done SEO on it and that seems to help with getting crawled.
 
Reply With Quote
  #14 (permalink)  
Old 12-20-2007, 09:57 PM
phkharat's Avatar
Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 01-16-07
Posts: 90
iTrader: 0 / 0%
The more you update ur site with relevent content, the more will google sends crawl to ur site.

Confused: :-) I mean... your frequent updates will let google put your site in frequent crawling. Making relevent changes once in three or four days is a fair option. But google usually sends crawl once in a week but if it puts ur site into frequent crawl then there may be chances where it could crawl once in 3 days.
__________________

Telegenisys
 
Reply With Quote
  #15 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007, 02:18 AM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-05-07
Posts: 27
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hi Nikhil

You will need a lot more content on your site and focus on keywords. The mention will not help Googlebot or any other spider crawl your site but when it does crawl it will help it to come back or rank it as valuable. Otherwise, your site may become buried beneath all the other sites on the web.

There is no solid way to make Google index your site, but there are ways that you can try which will help Google find you and index your site. You can try getting links on sites which have a high (5 or above) page rank, because it is obvious Google crawl these sites often and that way you can be found easier. Submit your site to Google index, DMOZ, Yahoo, MSN, and other search engines, including niche directories in your industry. Make sure you have properly constructed your META-Tags (which it looks like you have. You may want to change the 'title' 'description' and 'keywords' for each page or if not completely change then rearrange them, so that SE's will not see them as duplicate pages and skip indexing them Set-up a proper robots.txt file. Make sure you have a good weblog analyzer to track spiders to your site.

Merry Xmas from,

Darren at WEBcouk.co.uk - Website Design with Passion :-)
 
Reply With Quote
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007, 02:55 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 10-05-07
Posts: 201
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEBcouk View Post
Hi Nikhil

You will need a lot more content on your site and focus on keywords. The mention will not help Googlebot or any other spider crawl your site but when it does crawl it will help it to come back or rank it as valuable. Otherwise, your site may become buried beneath all the other sites on the web.

There is no solid way to make Google index your site, but there are ways that you can try which will help Google find you and index your site. You can try getting links on sites which have a high (5 or above) page rank, because it is obvious Google crawl these sites often and that way you can be found easier. Submit your site to Google index, DMOZ, Yahoo, MSN, and other search engines, including niche directories in your industry. Make sure you have properly constructed your META-Tags (which it looks like you have. You may want to change the 'title' 'description' and 'keywords' for each page or if not completely change then rearrange them, so that SE's will not see them as duplicate pages and skip indexing them Set-up a proper robots.txt file. Make sure you have a good weblog analyzer to track spiders to your site.

Merry Xmas from,

Darren at WEBcouk.co.uk - Website Design with Passion :-)
Thanks a TON WEBcouk.......great piece of info.
 
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 12-21-2007, 11:59 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-21-07
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 18
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Hi Nikhil,

My site get crawled once in two weeks.. have u know whats basic condition for crawling inner pages??
 
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 12-24-2007, 01:48 PM
Junior Member
 
Join Date: 12-24-07
Posts: 1
iTrader: 0 / 0%
I started 2 blogs 1 week ago and googlebot has visited both sites twice. I just submitted sitemaps for those sites today.
 
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 12-28-2007, 06:36 PM
Comenius's Avatar
Contributing Member
 
Join Date: 04-02-07
Location: San Francisco
Posts: 282
iTrader: 0 / 0%
My site with regular fresh content gets crawled daily. My other site which is more less static gets crawled far less frequently.
__________________
Chinese Antique Furniture | ESL Jobs
 
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 01-01-2008, 11:51 PM
saj saj is offline
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

 
Join Date: 06-27-07
Location: India
Posts: 276
iTrader: 0 / 0%
Thumbs up hi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikhil View Post
Folks I am interested in knowing like how often Google bot crawls your site......in the month of December my site was crawled on 1st then it was on 19th.....its evident that my site is not crawled so often.What are the factors does this depend on?

And can you also share how often is your site crawled...

1.Daily
2.Thrice a Week
3.Twice a Week
4.Once a Week
5.Once in two weeks
6.once in a month.

Thanks for your response in advance.

Nikhil
my website gets crawled thrice or Twice a Week.
 
Reply With Quote
Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Marketing Forums > Google Forum

Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
website drop on google king2163 Google Forum 14 06-20-2007 09:03 PM
How can I improve my website on google? singh2004 Google Forum 6 07-20-2004 01:24 AM
?? Googlebot crawls at the worst of times !! UKZJ007 Google Forum 10 03-16-2004 04:47 PM


V7N Network
Get exposure! V7N I Love Photography V7N SEO Blog V7N Directory


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:35 PM.
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright 2000-2014 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
Copyright © 2003 - 2014 Escalate Media




Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.