Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Graphic Design Forum Discuss and share graphic design and multimedia topics and projects, including ads, banners, logos, etc. Be creative. Be original. Show us what you got. Constructive criticism only!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 01-07-2010, 08:49 PM

Logos are so important - using a commercial font can make a huge difference to the quality.

Old 03-02-2010, 01:24 AM

We are all know that a best logo design is one that which entices the intended audience. Well an image looks great if presented with an image but there are logos with only the font and they look simply amazing exactly portraying the business image in a right way. So its all about how the things are presented ultimately and how things are received.

Old 03-26-2010, 02:38 AM

Logo are very important part of website. Logo always must be attractive and looking simple and people catching nature, the quality of logo always must be very high and where your logo place it is the main point of logo design. Colour quality must be high with web site design and web site colours.

Old 04-20-2010, 03:58 AM

It's always good to stick to industry standards such as Adobe Illustrator. You will find it's basic tools invaluable to create anything you need, but it is also one of those programs that will help you learn more tricks as your projects get more complicated. Vector based artwork is the best tool for creating logos, as you can re-size them to any size without losing quality.

Old 04-26-2010, 09:53 PM
Banned

The best logo design you gonna have is the image of your product so that the consumer well know what you have in your bussiness.f you have any general questions about buying or selling real estate in Nebraska, please contact me as I'm more than willing to help.
Please browse my website for listings, reports and important local real estate information.

Regards,
omaha houses

Old 04-27-2010, 02:09 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

i think also that the colour of logo should express the main idea of the representative company, i mean you cannot make a logo for toys company i dark colours. It doesn't suit.

Old 04-27-2010, 02:38 AM

Logo must reflect the nature of your site of business there was not just a color schemes or artistic touches.

Old 04-27-2010, 08:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by casy001 View Post
i think also that the colour of logo should express the main idea of the representative company, i mean you cannot make a logo for toys company i dark colours. It doesn't suit.
would you like hero?

Old 04-28-2010, 01:25 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockall7 View Post
would you like hero?
sorry, i didn't get

Old 04-29-2010, 01:31 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

what is hero?

Old 04-29-2010, 05:35 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

where? (dont pay attention, i'm blond)

Old 04-29-2010, 06:32 AM

Somebody told me once that you have to be careful with Adobe Photoshop as it can take over your machine. If you are restricted by budget, Paintshop maybe your answer.

Old 04-29-2010, 06:39 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeadoDesigns View Post
Logos are so important - using a commercial font can make a huge difference to the quality.
I agree font has a huge part in design. Think about the largest companies out there how if you were to see their same font used to write something else, you would recognize it right away.

For example, Ive attached an image below in which IM POSITIVE everyone here will recognize in a heartbeat.

It just goes to show when your trying to make a brandable design, make sure to take the extra time to look for a unique and branded font to go along with your logo. It is very important and will go along with you through your future with that venture.

Last edited by Kream; 04-29-2010 at 07:05 AM. Reason: you cant hotlink to secure googleMail attachments. it doesn't work.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:08 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Sorry, Here is the image I intended to attach

Old 04-29-2010, 05:18 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Personally, I love logos with a good attractive strokes and endings.. But still, simplicity is the most powerful idea in creating your logo..

Old 04-29-2010, 10:17 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

best logo design should have following characteristics in my point of view.

it represents the product

it has some sort of legend to its design (the aesthetic appeal)

it successfully presents the company's or company website's image as a mascot

it can stand out from all other hundreds and thousands of logos.

Old 06-01-2010, 05:41 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Do any one know how much did google logo design cost?

I would like you guys to help me out in unearthing the cost of designing the Google logo. Also, if any of the above given prices is incorrect, please let me know the facts.
Attached Thumbnails
what is a best logo design-logo-design-cost.jpg  

Old 06-02-2010, 03:05 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Every designers knows how important a logo is. I wanted to share this article for you guys. This is opposite on the threads title but it should give you ideas on how to create/design good logo. Also, a good logo doesn't have these common mistakes.
Source: smashing magazine.
http://www.smashingmagazine.com/2009...n-logo-design/

Old 06-02-2010, 03:26 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

For us to understand what a logo is meant to achieve, we must first know what a logo is. A logo represents an immediate recognition, it inspires trust, admiration, loyalty, and also projects superiority. A logo is the single most important aspect of a companies commercial brand, or economic entity, and all it's combined shapes, colors, fonts, and images will normally differ from others in the same target market. Logos are also used to identify organizations and other non-commercial entities.

Sometimes we have to sit back and think to ourselves why an individual or company wouldn't want to invest into a logo. Your logo is the very foundation on which a company or entity is built on, because of this it should be one of the most important investments someone should consider making.

A few things to keep in mind:

1.) The worst way to obtain a logo is to hold a contest. Contests attract all types of people, including a huge number of people that either have no clue about copyright / trademark laws or simply don't care as long as they make a quick buck or two. Contests are setting yourself up for possible legal issues down the line.

2.) If a logo design offer sounds too good to be true, it normally is. Don't fall for the quick / cheap advertisements for logo design services, these are the ones that will normally use others ideas and claim they are their own. It's very important that your logo is designed from scratch and remains unique.

3.) Stock art / Clip Art is becoming a huge problem in the logo design industry as more and more new designers use pre-made designs sold from stock art and clip art websites. Stock art and Clip art are readily available to anyone with a internet connection and most times downloaded by millions. The last thing you need is an image everyone's using, this just opens the door for lawsuits. Stock art / clip art sites are a big no no when it comes to branding a company.

4.) Free logo maker websites are also a big no no, as they provide the same designs to everyone that desires a free logo. Free is free for a reason.

5.) Pre-made professional logos seem to be popping up everywhere. These are the sites that offer a pre-made logo design and allow you to just add your name to it. They claim that the pre-made logo is sold only once and then removed from the site. The problem is that they list all the designs publicly, just like a clip art / stock art / or Free Logo site, you'll have the people browsing and recreating what they want. One honestly never knows how many have used or bought that same design, It's normally better to be safe than sorry, this is where the "Just in case" factor comes into play.

6.) There are way too many similar logos out there that get lost in a flood of businesses trying to compete. Uniqueness is very important for your branding campaign and should not be overlooked. Bellow are the basic 4 questions you need to ask yourself.

* Is my logo unique enough to stand out from all the rest?
* Is my logo as simplistic or as illustrated as my target market demands?
* Is my logo flexible enough for both web and print media?
* Is my logo designed in such a way that it's timeless and doesn't depend on a current trend or fashion?

That's my opinion on this topic anyways

Old 06-04-2010, 04:22 AM

To make a good logo, you have to know overall about the company. You just have to make the logo easy to understand and to recognize.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Closed Thread