Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Graphic Design Forum Discuss and share graphic design and multimedia topics and projects, including ads, banners, logos, etc. Be creative. Be original. Show us what you got. Constructive criticism only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 04-20-2012, 12:30 PM

Hi,

I've tried your tips and it come up really good. Now, I have a new technique in creating amazing photos through Photoshop. I'll be reading your other posts. They seem interesting.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 04-21-2012, 02:02 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by stellar View Post
Hi,

I've tried your tips and it come up really good. Now, I have a new technique in creating amazing photos through Photoshop. I'll be reading your other posts. They seem interesting.
I am glad that I could help I would love to see what you have created though

Another tip, and something I use when I am manipulating metal. When you use the transform tool, Pressing shift allows you to make an image bigger or smaller, but uniformly, so that the image is not distorted. Another thing you can do is press and hold control, and then you would be able to manipulate each point in a transform individually, which could give you more interesting transforms.

In CS5, the puppet warp is one of the most fun things to play around with. I have bent legs, tree branches and all sorts using it. What you need to do is first, take your pen tool, and map out the region you want to edit with points, and then make a selection (right click -> make selection -> and then make sure feather is set to 0), and then you go to edit and select the puppet warp.

This is where the fun begins. Your selection becomes a grid, and you can then place points across your selection (They look like little push pins actually). These points can then be individually moved to transform a curved branch into a straight one. Depending on the size of your selection, there is very little pixel damage (if at all). When you're done, all you would need to do is neaten up the image a little (if the selection chosen was part of a bigger image - like the tree branch), and you're good to go.

Hope this helps, and if you have any questions, feel free to ask

Ciao

Old 04-22-2012, 08:13 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

A bit about blend modes in layers

When you work with separate layers in photoshop, you will see that you could also use different layer blends to add extra effects to a layer.

Layer blends are found in a drop down box just above the list of layers, and they each react to the image in a layer in a different way.
  • Normal: Normal basically shows the image as is, with no real effects.
  • Darken: It replaces lighter pixels in an image, but leaves darker pixels as is, without changing them. The result of an image will then be darker.
  • Multiply: Is similar to darken.
  • Color burn: It more or less adjusts tones in an image. Darker pixels will show more intensely in this blend mode.
  • Lighten: It more or less works the opposite way than darken. it takes dark pixles and lightens them, where already light pixels will not be changed.
  • Screen: It will lighten dark pixels unless you used black. These remain unchanged. You can use it to brighten images and most times works better than using contrast/balance in adjustments. I also use it to lighten skin when retouching.
  • Color Dodge: Works more or less like Color Dodge, only, the lighter a color is, the more intense the changes would be to the images/pixels in this blend mode.
  • Overlay: one of my more preferred layer blends. Its a bit of a mix of multiply and screen. Dark areas in an image would look as though you used the multiply layer blend, and lighter pixels will seem as if you have used screen, the only difference is that the shadows and highlights will be kept as is. I generally use this when adding textures to my images because it shows the image texture but its light enough to allow the image below to show through.
  • Soft light: Not as harsh as screen, it still lightens pixels to a certain extent.
  • Hard Light:This does what the name says. It makes the pixels in an image layer either harshly light or dark, depending on the color/pixes used in an image.
  • Difference: It depends on the color used. it will either subtract or add to a pixel, depending on whether the pixel is dark or light.
  • Exclusion: A bit like difference, but the image result will be darker.
  • Hue: Depending on the color you have active, hue will change the color of the pixels in that layer accordingly.
  • Saturation: Its similar to hue, it replaces the saturation of an image/pixel, with the saturation of your selected colors.
  • Color:Kinda does a switcheroo with the hue and stauration of your image with those levels of your selected colors.

We all know how versatile layers really can be, but adding blending modes can give you a really great effect when working with multiple layered images. When adding textures to things like photo manipulations or web designs, using layer blending modes can give you a result that could be the difference between a good image and a truly awesome image.

Merging layers that use blending modes can be tricky because if you merge a layer, the top layer used to merge will then transfer its blend mode to the layer below it. The best way to get past this is to create blank layers between the layers (adding them above the layers with layer blends) you would like to merge, and then merge the layers with the blending modes to these blank layers. This should then take care of the blend mode and return a layer to normal. You could then merge these layers successfully.

Old 07-22-2012, 10:49 PM
Latest Blog:
None

Thanks to you for giving me such a nice information. Photo shop is the way from where you can create plenty of websites through different web designing resources. I must say It is also very easy way for creating web designing.

Old 07-24-2012, 09:45 PM
Latest Blog:
None

That's a good one. One I use often is reflection. All you need to do is double the layer, lower its opacity, turn it upside down, and then use the eraser tool. Great outcome.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:41 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallout View Post
That's a good one. One I use often is reflection. All you need to do is double the layer, lower its opacity, turn it upside down, and then use the eraser tool. Great outcome.
That is a great way to make reflections yes, and what you can also do is use the gradient tool in a layer mask. When you apply a black to white gradient in a layer mask, it leaves certain areas of an image visible, but fades other areas, making the reflection looking a little more realistic. Using the eraser afterwards can also improve that.

Old 09-02-2012, 09:24 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I must say that this will be very good tips that you suggest over here. I am newbie for photo shop and that will be very interesting tips that I follow it day by day and elaborate new idea also.

Old 09-03-2012, 12:51 AM
Blue Rose Mentor
Latest Blog:
None

I am glad that they were helpful to you Will be adding more soon, when I have some extra time to do so.

Old 09-06-2012, 12:53 AM

Photoshop is the great application which gives the wide scope to edit you pictures and give them the nice effects.It is the best photo application and is used by most of the people.You have shared the nice information about the photoshop tis and the easy tricks. Thanks for sharing such a nice info and hope it is useful for everyone.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum