Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Graphic Design Forum Discuss and share graphic design and multimedia topics and projects, including ads, banners, logos, etc. Be creative. Be original. Show us what you got. Constructive criticism only!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

You absolutely need both talent, education, and experience. Talent will be a baseline. Education will teach you the good habits and practices. Experience will make you valuable to an employer. Don't think you can just go buy Photoshop and think you'll compete. Get educated.

Old 09-10-2011, 09:22 AM
Banned

Graphic designer tools is a just a source
but the best graphic designing is the person ideas
and abillity to design
becoz design could't make without the
concept and the ideas of the designer.

Old 09-22-2011, 05:20 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWaltson View Post
How many of you would agree that getting numerous design degrees is useless until you don't have the real natural talent in yourself. Its the inborn talent which makes you successful, especially in the field of graphic design.

However, many of my friends think that studying hard with real determination are the crucial requirements to achieve success, not talent.

Well, my vote goes for “Talent”…let’s see if you guys have valid points to prove your opinion.

View Source
"The talent of success is nothing more than doing what you can do well, and doing well whatever you do without thought of fame. If it comes at all it will come because it is deserved, not because it is sought after." -

Old 09-23-2011, 04:46 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

best designer

I believe a graphic designer first should have degree and later with experience and hard work he can become a good designer.

Old 09-23-2011, 10:22 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I'd say talent. Not everyone is born with artistic abilities. You can have all the degrees you want but that cant make up for natural creativity.

Old 10-03-2011, 04:56 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I don't think anybody can define "talent" or "intelligence". From my view, they are your experience after working for some time.

Old 10-03-2011, 06:09 AM

imho, talent is just a plus, an advantage,.. .if designing is what you really love and if its your passion then, you will do anything to improve your crafts.. .and talent has nothing to do with it.. .when you rely on talent, its just an excuse.. .

[removed]

Last edited by HTMLBasicTutor; 10-03-2011 at 10:54 AM. Reason: grammar.. .

Old 10-12-2011, 02:39 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
87 bounces

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeWaltson View Post
How many of you would agree that getting numerous design degrees is useless until you don't have the real natural talent in yourself. Its the inborn talent which makes you successful, especially in the field of graphic design.

However, many of my friends think that studying hard with real determination are the crucial requirements to achieve success, not talent.

Well, my vote goes for “Talent”…let’s see if you guys have valid points to prove your opinion.

View Source
Well I think some theoretical background helps, but without good taste or common sense, his designs will not be that good.

Old 11-09-2011, 09:06 AM

Let us all not forget that you need a level of PASSION also. What good is doing something that there is no love in doing it in the first place. I think that shows in the design that you see sometimes on the corporate scale. Because you get some that happen to know a little clip-art and a little design and then become this design person in the firm. It happens when you see these designers who cookie cut their way into jobs that because they did an online photo album for a friend that then they must be a designer. Passion, Talent, and Know-How!

Old 11-18-2011, 12:02 AM

for a designers its not needed to natural talent its help only 10%.its necessary that you have an entrusting to in it or not.and you should also take a knowledge about graphic designers

Old 11-23-2011, 12:03 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Talent is a good factor and yes it is important for designer when it comes in design ideas and creativity, great if you have talent and degrees...

Old 11-23-2011, 04:27 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Having both the talent and formal education in graphic design is important.

Old 11-28-2011, 02:22 AM

A degree will boost-up the in-born talent in one. One born with a good design skill can even improve a lot by learning more and more.. So you cannot actually neglect the value of certification.

Old 11-29-2011, 03:46 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

A Naturally Talented Person can be a successful graphic designer from my part of view and also from my experience..sure with his\her hard work for their profession can be more success in their life..

Old 12-01-2011, 02:30 AM

Talent is the most important, and also skills are required to achieve it!

Old 12-07-2011, 04:23 AM

In each field we can top if we have passion to do and never loose faith and keep trying. But when it comes to designing field and specially "GRAPHIC Design" I will say it Natural Talent. We can work hard and practice more and more and finally become a professional Designer but the thing is, We can become Successful only if w have natural TALENT.
I respect Hard work and Practicing but Natural power is another things.

Old 12-29-2011, 05:38 PM
Latest Blog:
None

I think you should have both talent and degree.

Old 01-01-2012, 10:53 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It requires talent but a degree isn't really necessary sometimes a Graphic Designer is really a naturally born talent. Because if you are really good at drawing you can foresee your future as a graphic designer depends on the individual who has this natural talent if he wanted to pursue it as a career. Because I knew a lot of people who loves to draw but they have other careers rather than taking the drawing or art seriously as a career.

Old 02-08-2012, 07:46 AM

Art is something that you learn, you can be taught to draw, just as you can be taught to play an instrument.

Old 03-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Well it can be both, one of them or niether. I will say one important thing is also to know how to sell your self. Yes you could have tallent but if you dont know how to approch a client then your lost.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Closed Thread