Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Graphic Design Forum Discuss and share graphic design and multimedia topics and projects, including ads, banners, logos, etc. Be creative. Be original. Show us what you got. Constructive criticism only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 08-28-2011, 09:45 PM

Best CMS for an artist/images? SEO, easy to use

Hi guys I was wondering if someone could help me out in choosing the best CMS for myself that's easy to use and optimize with SEO, and that has a decent amount of features. I'm a graphic designer and digital artist and my site is mostly images. I have been using Joomla so far, however it's really been giving me a lot of trouble and seems like I chose way too hard of one to start with since I don't need everything and I'm not a good web designer. I'm having so much trouble getting it optimized for SEO so I think i'm going to just redo the whole site on a new system if i can find one. HTMLBasicTutor suggested i might be able to find a much more stremalined one for the content i have as mostly images. The only others I really hear mentioned are wordpress and drupal but i don't know if those would be good for me, being focused on image galleries rather than blog posts. I wanna make sure i choose the right one though, gonna be a pain to redo it all.
On it I would like to have different kinds of galleries like one with many rows and columns. Also I would maybe like to be able to put a blog on it someday, maybe just a wordpress subdomain or something. Also someday might try to sell products on it or connect it to my Zazzle or something. My current joomla site is www.garretbohl.com in case it helps to see what kind of things i have on it.

Thanks so much!

Last edited by garretb; 08-28-2011 at 09:57 PM.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-29-2011, 02:13 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Obviously the best one is a custom made one but in your case I assume you want a precoded script. GalleryCMS is great for photography sites and ZenPhoto is just stunning in presentation.

Give them both a try. They are both free.

Hosted by: Myhosting.com

Old 08-30-2011, 08:08 AM

hey thanks so much for your response! I've been looking into zenphoto, thinking about trying to integrate it into a wordpress site if its still possible since I like some of the wordpress options, like being able to add a zazzle store page easily. I hate wordpress's galleries options though so I'm hoping i can integrate it or something.

Old 09-01-2011, 10:00 PM

I run a few WordPress Zazzle shops
AllergyWarningLabels
I like that Zazzle host the images and make linking very easy, plus supply 'blog panels' and other such features.

Let me know if you have any questions.
Robbie

Last edited by snakeair; 09-01-2011 at 11:25 PM.

Old 09-06-2011, 06:13 AM

Try to google "wordpress templates portfolio". I am sure that you will find what you need. Wordpress is far best for SEO.

Old 09-29-2011, 03:32 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

SEO doesn't just come to a website just because you use a certain kind of CMS. Yes, Wordpress index well because of its CSS structure, however, if you do not do anything about it (like writing a really good content and linking to relevant sites) then you will never be in any way successful both in SEO and ecommerce.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:02 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I think these days all CMS are doing a very good job at SEO. It's just up to you how you do the SEO job.

Old 10-29-2011, 03:42 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

vbulletin is becoming something of a CMS these days.

Old 11-09-2011, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyamazing12 View Post
Obviously the best one is a custom made one but in your case I assume you want a precoded script. GalleryCMS is great for photography sites and ZenPhoto is just stunning in presentation.

Give them both a try. They are both free.
Thank you, I think 4image is GalleryCMS good. You can download free.

Old 02-04-2012, 12:21 AM
Latest Blog:
None

oh, thats ur wrong thinking that in wordpress ur foucs will be in post rather than images.

for this, wordpress have several themes, even for every category, newspaper, magazine, and art galleries also.

u can find very beautiful themes for ur need of managing graphics,
and u must already know that wordpress is best for seo purposes.

so i would say that wordpress is best for u.

Old 02-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Also look into jQuery tutorials online for how to make your very own image gallery that looks so much more editorial than these pre made CMS's.

Hosted by: Myhosting.com

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum