Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Graphic Design Forum Discuss and share graphic design and multimedia topics and projects, including ads, banners, logos, etc. Be creative. Be original. Show us what you got. Constructive criticism only!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-28-2011, 06:43 PM

Your Feedback please on my first revision

Hello Everyone, I am new to v7n, looks like a really cool set of forums. What I am looking for here is feedback on a mockup I am doing for a new site I want to work on. I am posting the mockup to my flickr site for now, and hopefully you can give me any feedback you might have.
Since this is first mockup I am not asking for you to provide feedback on anything specific, all I am asking for is first glance impressions.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc68/

Thank you,

Dave

P.S. The text itself is placeholder for now, so no need to critique that.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:46 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The grunge looks great. Very organic. The font used for the top link navigation looks quirky to me though. I suggest going with something more simple.

Please do update us once you code it in CSS protocol and have it fully functional.

Hosted by: Myhosting.com

Old 11-02-2011, 01:49 AM

The grunge looks great. Very organic. The font used for the top link navigation looks quirky to me though. I suggest going with something more simple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyamazing12 View Post
Please do update us once you code it in CSS protocol and have it fully
functional.
I will as soon as I find a coder. I am not able to code anymore due to concentration and memory from an illness, which has created a desire in me to form a charity that helps people get an emergency refill of meds. So, I would love to hear from any coders who would love to help out. Should not take much time as I will be using a CMS Prebuilt.

Thank for the suggestion on the fonts, but funky lookin is kinda what I was going for as well, however, I am going to play with them and see how it looks, cause I appreciate your pickup on that.

Cheers,
Love to have more feedback PEEPS

Old 11-03-2011, 09:51 AM
Artist & Motion Designer
Latest Blog:
None

Can't say I'm a fan of the grunge. Not to suggest I don't like grunge, I like it - I just don't think it's appropriate for this. Personally, I would go with a cleaner look.

Or at least tone it down about 75% and use it as a detail rather than the overwhelming feature it currently is.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:05 AM

Gamma, appreciate your feedback alot. The atmosphere I am trying to portray is what it is like in the world of mental health meds, specifically a visual portrayal of what it is like if you have not taken your meds for a couple of days. I guess it is hard for you to relate to, because this is how it feels visually to me when I have run out of meds before, so it is a personal experience more or less.
So, I am definitely going to think on what you have said, and consider your advice heavily.

Old 11-03-2011, 10:09 AM
Artist & Motion Designer
Latest Blog:
None

Yep, I got that. I see chaos, anger and confusion. That's what the design says to me - and maybe I'm biased as a designer but I'm sure non-web savvy people would be just as overwhelmed by the chaos and less so by the message.

Put the focus on the message and pull back on the chaos.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:33 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by gammaRascal View Post
Can't say I'm a fan of the grunge. Not to suggest I don't like grunge, I like it - I just don't think it's appropriate for this. Personally, I would go with a cleaner look.

Or at least tone it down about 75% and use it as a detail rather than the overwhelming feature it currently is.
yes, I agree with Gamma, Its really cool when you see it clear.

Old 11-06-2011, 06:35 PM

I put together a new design that looks like it was designed for a medication with all of those soft pleasant tones etc. But I am throwing in the towel on this whole thing. I am getting 0 interest in anyone helping to organize this, so thank you all for your time anyways.

Dave

Old 11-06-2011, 09:29 PM
Contributing Member

Your design is not bad specially your front page is cool and is something new. I mean i have not seen many websites like it. You can still work to improve it but your main design is good as i said.

Old 11-06-2011, 09:41 PM

WEll, I appreciate the positive reply

I was starting this site because I do not want to sit around my house the rest of my life waiting to die with schizophrenia, so I thought I would create this website charity, help people get money for meds, inspire me etc etc.
But as with anything else I got 0 interest shown everywhere I turned, and that was just for help putting the thing together and having a few people do some blogging, so I was like well, I can already see what the rest is goin to be like if I cannot even get people to push a couple buttons.

I would love to do graphic design, but it would have to be from home due to my disabilities. But I sent out portfolios, no one called back. So, who knows

Link of second logo will be here. Top Left

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc68/6...n/photostream/

well, it is not the SVG version which is clear, but it would give you some idea.

Old 11-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Contributing Member

That's very cool design, Like it. Just add some color variations to make it better

Old 11-07-2011, 11:16 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

The design is nice & after reading the comments on the blog it does show the message intended. However, the visitors to the site would not be reading the blog comment. So wonder if a image in the back ground - a dark sketch of an unwell person or something on similiar lines might help. Not a colourful image just a dark sketch

Old 11-08-2011, 07:30 AM
Artist & Motion Designer
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmc68 View Post
Can you set it up so pic isn't private? Or post it as an attachment here?

Old 11-12-2011, 03:41 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

I'm also not a fan of the grunge so maybe it's very biased for me to say it's not very appropriate. I suggest you use simpler ones.

Old 11-18-2011, 04:03 AM

I would say practise, practise, practise.
You have got a good foundation, build off it and make it better!

Well done!

Old 11-24-2011, 07:31 PM

Wow, I am not sure how I got unsubscribed from this thread. I just put up a few new designs on the flickr page. Any feedback you have on any of them would be appreciated.

And if you know of any edgy design firms out there I would love to know of them, do the shoot off the resume thing.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dmc68/

Old 11-30-2011, 10:14 PM
Artist & Motion Designer
Latest Blog:
None

Don't take this the wrong way but I think you might be stepping backwards here.

I understand, and respect, the intent and your rationale for doing what you've done but I have to say that so far it's really turning into a shadow of what it could be.

It's just too unfocused and chaotic. All great [and going back to the respect part] messages to get across considering the subject matter but let the art speak on it's behalf and focus on the websites ability to be a background, nondescript, container for the content.

Old 11-30-2011, 10:22 PM

That is why I put it up . I needed your feedback Gamma, and I really appreciate it. I am really throwing stuff up against the wall so to speak until something clicks. I guess I am kind of enjoying the feedback you all give, it is like a virtual mockup board

Old 12-01-2011, 02:22 AM

Its good from the top ., but you have to do some work on the bottom of the page it do not looks good, try increasing the width of the page currently its narrow..

Old 12-09-2011, 02:42 AM

I love the fact tehre are so many colors and at the same time all the pictures are not "Scratching" your eye to say so. nice work m8

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum