Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Graphic Design Forum Discuss and share graphic design and multimedia topics and projects, including ads, banners, logos, etc. Be creative. Be original. Show us what you got. Constructive criticism only!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 07-31-2012, 12:51 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Thumbs down How to create animated image like this?

Hi friends!
Was wondering if any online tools or software to create an animated image similar like this one.

I found few website that allow to create an animated .gif image, but not with that effect.

Any information is much appreciated!

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 08-01-2012, 01:21 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I would say the animation was done on Flash and the art on Photoshop both products are from Adobe

Old 08-02-2012, 03:40 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesideas View Post
I would say the animation was done on Flash and the art on Photoshop both products are from Adobe
I think it was done in Photoshop or GIMP. You don't need flash to do this kind of animation.

I looked at it with GIMP, which shows the frames and the time they are visible, very handy. This .gif consist of 8 images. Once you look at it, seems pretty easy to recreate (see attachment).

If you want to make some animated gifs, I suggest you use GIMP (or photoshop). You have much more control of what you are doing, compared to online tools. There is even a tutorial on Gimps homepage

Code:
http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/Simple_Animations/
Attached Thumbnails
How to create animated image like this?-disected.png  

Old 08-03-2012, 12:41 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

GIMP is a pain to use for animated gifs because you have to create a layer with everything on it for every every animated layer. Using Photoshop, you can indicate a layer should appear in all frames, which makes the process of creating animated gifs much faster.

That image would be easy to create in Photoshop. Just type some text, apply a blur, and have it move across in each frame.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:19 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzo View Post
GIMP is a pain to use for animated gifs because you have to create a layer with everything on it for every every animated layer.
Not true. Open the provided gif in GIMP and you'll see

Quote:
Using Photoshop, you can indicate a layer should appear in all frames, which makes the process of creating animated gifs much faster.
GIMP can do the same.

Quote:
That image would be easy to create in Photoshop.
Yeah, but don't forget to pay 700$.

Last edited by GMF; 08-03-2012 at 02:22 AM.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:53 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

I used to get paid about 1$ from PPN for promoting GIMP for this reason I always assumed GIMP was adware because Pinball publisher network are known for adware.

Old 08-03-2012, 05:01 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
I used to get paid about 1$ from PPN for promoting GIMP for this reason I always assumed GIMP was adware because Pinball publisher network are known for adware.
Strange. Gimp is open-source, why would they need to pay someone to promote them?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:59 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMF View Post
Not true. Open the provided gif in GIMP and you'll see

GIMP can do the same.
The last version of GIMP I used was 2.6. I see they are up to 2.8.

Old 08-03-2012, 11:17 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMF View Post
Strange. Gimp is open-source, why would they need to pay someone to promote them?
I’m not sure but I know 100% that pinball publisher network promote GIMP maybe PPN pay GIMP or the other way around whichever way around am sure money will be getting exchanged somewhere down the line.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:46 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

It is a .GIF animation file. You can use Photoshop/Image Ready to make this animation quite easily. There are plenty of tutorials online for it.

Hosted by: Myhosting.com

Old 08-06-2012, 11:33 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Yeah its a gif image you will make this type of of image banner with photoshop and juts save it as a gif file.

Old 08-07-2012, 01:14 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyamazing12 View Post
It is a .GIF animation file. You can use Photoshop/Image Ready to make this animation quite easily. There are plenty of tutorials online for it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by logoonlinepros View Post
Yeah its a gif image you will make this type of of image banner with photoshop and juts save it as a gif file.

It's quite shocking that many people suggest that someone should use software, that costs 700 $, just to make a simple gif animation.

Old 08-07-2012, 09:16 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Pay for adobe? Adobe bring out that many different versions you can use the trials which give you a free run for about a year, then after that year adobe would have released a few more updates and just use them.
Adobe Pro Design Tools is where you get the past versions from I do not believe this is illegal and most people have more than the one computer this gives you even more time, I always re-install windows every now and then to keep things fresh so I could just use a different trial each month better than paying $700 for something that will be classed as old next month.

I am sure revo un-installer works too

Old 08-07-2012, 11:53 PM

I agree adobe all the way, you can get that effect that you want with a simple motion blur effect plus more with adobe photoshop then export it out as a gif and upload it to your site. I hope this helps, just create an ad you like and replace the text on it a few times then add motion blur to each and line them up in order, then export through photoshop!
Good luck to you!

Old 08-08-2012, 02:23 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Pay for adobe? Adobe bring out that many different versions you can use the trials which give you a free run for about a year, then after that year adobe would have released a few more updates and just use them.
I do not believe this is illegal
Just read through Adobes license agreement.

Source:
Code:
http://www.adobe.com/products/eula/server/
Quote:
3. License Restrictions
[...]
(g) Unless otherwise provided herein, you shall not (A) in the aggregate, install or use more than one copy of the Trial Version of the Software, (B) download the Trial Version of the Software under more than one username, (C) alter the contents of a hard drive or computer system to enable the use of the Trial Version of the Software for an aggregate period in excess of the trial period for one license to such Trial Version, (D) disclose the results of software performance benchmarks obtained using the Trial Version to any third party without Macromedia's prior written consent, (E) use the Trial Version for any application deployment or ultimate production purpose, or (F) use the Trial Version of the Software for a purpose other than the sole purpose of determining whether to purchase a license to a commercial or education version of the software; provided, however, notwithstanding the foregoing, you are strictly prohibited from installing or using the Trial Version of the Software for any commercial training purpose.
It's illegal.

So don't get caught

Old 08-08-2012, 04:15 AM
Banned

Use Adobe photoshop CS4 or adobe image ready. These are quite handy applications that serve this purpose. Otherwise there are some other programs available like Easy gif animator which are also gud but not well equiped.

Old 08-08-2012, 08:57 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

“install or use more than one copy of the Trial Version of the Software”
It’s not a copy a copy would be the same software this is dated / updated so it’s different

You do not need to use a different username to download more than one copy you can use the same username also if you’re on a new computer then it’s a fresh start completely a new computer would mean a new operating system, I might want to try windows xp , vista , 7 is this illegal?

Old 08-08-2012, 09:05 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
a new computer would mean a new operating system, I might want to try windows xp , vista , 7 is this illegal?
Nope, that would not be a new computer. That would be a new OS. The license agreement states:

Quote:
alter the contents of a hard drive or computer system to enable the use of the Trial Version of the Software for an aggregate period in excess of the trial period for one license to such Trial Version
Quote:
is this illegal
now, it is debatable if a new formatted pc, with new OS falls under "alter the contents of a hard drive or computer system". If it's illegal or not, that depends of the lawyer and judge.

But one thing is for sure: If you use the trial version for commercial purposes aka. you make money through the use of the product - that is illegal.

So, don't get caught!

Old 08-08-2012, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Adobes terms would be ripped apart in a court of law those terms you showed me are terrible, first it’s not a copy its completely separate software, second, it can be downloaded under the same username so adobe are enabling “enabling” allowing us to do this.
The content on the hard-drive would not be altered, it would be removed which again is completely different to altering, which would be making changes, removing is deleting.

Adobe would also have do define the word commercial, most would fall under individuals unless you were a registered business.

Stronger terms
Do not use photoshop for more than 30 days without paying for photoshop

Last edited by mikesideas; 08-08-2012 at 09:38 AM.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:22 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Adobes terms would be ripped apart in a court of law
Lawyers and judges work with such texts, day in, day out. Seems that many TOS or license agreements are purposefully written vague, so that the companies can debate about their meaning, giving them a better standing in court.
If adobe would sue someone (a person or small company) they would probably win, because they can afford some pretty good lawyers.

Quote:
first it’s not a copy its completely separate software
are you talking about using trial versions of older products, e.g. CS 6, CS 5, CS 4? If so, yes, that would be separate software.

Quote:
second, it can be downloaded under the same username so adobe are enabling “enabling” allowing us to do this.
Yeah, they probably had something different in mind with that.

Quote:
The content on the hard-drive would not be altered, it would be removed which again is completely different to altering, which would be making changes, removing is deleting.
And that is not "altering" in any way, right . That one would be a matter to debate.

Quote:
Adobe would also have do define the word commercial, most would fall under individuals unless you were a registered business.
I don't think that adobe would have to define that, it's defined by country law. In my country it is commercial as soon as you earn money through it. You don't need to have a registered business.

Quote:
Stronger terms
Do not use photoshop for more than 30 days without paying for photoshop
Indeed

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Web Development > Graphic Design Forum

Closed Thread