Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > V7N Webmaster Marketplace > The Webmaster Marketplace > Joint Ventures

Joint Ventures Joint venture announcements and solicitations.

Share |
Old 06-20-2013, 09:53 PM

Do I need a partner? Have content and products

OK, I have content and products that I feel can do well but I am no webmaster and not sure how to best exploit them, so I figured I would post here to see if someone might be a possible partner. Here is what I have or can do:

Products - I go to anime and science fiction conventions and sell merchandise. I sell Steampunk, Anime and Fantasy jewelry like necklaces and pendants as well as crystal paperweights that look like the Chaos Emeralds from Sonic the Hedgehog. The jewelry generally sells for $5-$15, the Chaos Emeralds for $20-$50. The mark ups are pretty generous. I know this stuff can sell online but even after a show (including NY Comic Con with over 100,000 attendees) I get almost no web sales.

T-Shirts/Buttons - I make a line of humorous t-shirts and buttons. Again, they sell well at the shows but nothing online. The buttons are only $1 so I don't try to sell them online because of processing fees. People say my stuff is funny and I can sell 30-50 shirts at a show (at Anime North I sold 50 shirts of just one design, a simple black shirt that says "I'm The Goddamn Batman!"

Music Consulting - I am a retired music industry executive. I worked for a national music mag, band management and A&R consulting. I sometimes consult with indie bands to help them out. I toyed with the idea of offering consulting online but there are a lot of scammers and charlatans out there that charge a fee and offer very little. My idea was to offer the consulting first and then let the artist pay what they felt was fair afterwards.

Article writing - As I mentioned I worked for a music magazine. Among my duties was a monthly column along with articles, editorials and reviews. I still sometimes freelance for a music publication in Cali that pays me to write articles.

Image Macros/Memes - I have gotten fairly decent at creating image macros, humorous images involving internet memes or pop culture, along with Demotivational poster images. I've created a bunch of ones revolving around science fiction, comic books, anime and internet culture, and I can make more on almost any topic. Besides using them to promote my own stuff I've been considering offering that as a service, creating funny image macros on specific subjects for websites.

I would think with all of this there has to be a way to make some extra revenue. I do decent selling at the shows so it's not like I am starving but ever since I retired I've wanted to stay active and do stuff (for example I am currently helping a European distributor find US bands to sell overseas). So I figured I would come here and see if there were potential partners that can help turn what I have or what I can do into money.

Thanks!

Ed

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > V7N Webmaster Marketplace > The Webmaster Marketplace > Joint Ventures