Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues

Internet Legal Issues Discuss online internet legal issues and topics including but not limited to copyright, trademarks, patents, slander, internet laws, etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 10-20-2010, 10:54 AM
Administrator

10 Powerful Tips to Leverage Content Theft

Quote:
Content theft has been a real pain in the butt for webmasters/bloggers for as long as the web has existed. There is no full proof way to stop content theft and it can even become detrimental for the original source when it get outranked or filtered from google for its own contents. So what you can do to prevent content theft. You can make it increasingly difficult/annoying to copy contents and at the same time leverage it. More difficult stealing contents becomes, the less likely it will be targeted by scrapers. Here is how:

Read more: http://seohimanshu.com/2010/10/19/10...#ixzz12vFwzvt9
Disabling the right click won't work plus is annoying as heck to legit visitors.
Quote:
4. Disable right mouse click on your images. This will make stealing your images difficult. There are many scripts available out there, like this one to disable right mouse click on an image. There is also a wordpress plugin for this.
That Embed image thing also pops up when selecting text for quoting purposes (like me quoting the above).

Other than that, there's some good ideas in this article.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

Embed Anything looks interesting. But I'm not sure it would stop the script scrapers. That's the problem I see - not someone copying interesting information to share in a forum post.

Old 10-30-2010, 05:57 PM

Content scraping is an ongoing and difficult problem to solve. To block them effectively, you need the right tools. It is amazing how many rogue crawlers, bots, and scrapers exist on the internet.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:18 AM
Latest Blog:
None

Why can't you just use Copyscape to find your duplicate article and threaten to sue the person who stole your copyrighted material?

Old 11-03-2010, 09:22 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by krome View Post
Why can't you just use Copyscape to find your duplicate article and threaten to sue the person who stole your copyrighted material?
It is easier, less time consuming, and cheaper to stop the theft before it happens. Otherwise, you are assuming that one can check Copyscape on a regular basis for all of their content, the thief can be located, that they are located where a suit can reasonably be filed, that it is economical to file a suit, that their web host will be responsive to a DMCA take-down request; etc.

Old 11-19-2010, 07:47 PM

when we embed some thing into our website , it automatically relates to the owner's content, then i think there is no issue of copy right.

Old 11-19-2010, 08:12 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by umardraz View Post
when we embed some thing into our website , it automatically relates to the owner's content, then i think there is no issue of copy right.
Are you making that statement in reference to hotlinking?

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues