Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues

Internet Legal Issues Discuss online internet legal issues and topics including but not limited to copyright, trademarks, patents, slander, internet laws, etc.

Share |
Old 05-09-2012, 12:19 PM
Contributing Member

Google Images Copyright?

Hi, I need to put pictures on my site but the pictures i want are celeb pictures and these are very expensive they are about $150 per picture per month.

I had an idea, I do not want to do anything illegal or copyright, I just cannot see how this would illegal so I just want to make sure before I do it, If i make a custom Google image search script, within my article page, So i would be using a google.com link, and customize it so that it just creates a frame around the image, i found a good technique how to find images using the source code, getting the file extension name, then search Google images "image214324". ‘the script would already have the search string “image214324" so the picture would be on the page straight away the user would not have to search anything, It would already be done for them.
Google offer something like this already on the api section but it’s not what i want, Its good but it will not let me get rid of the title above the image, it looks like one of those 250 x300 ebay adverts with the page numbers 1-10 at the bottom, If i could get rid of all of that and just keep the image this would be good.
I am sorry I cannot explain what I mean better than this, but if this is not legal then how come google can do it?
Any help on this would be great
Thanks

Advertisement

Advertisement

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues