Webmaster Forum

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues

Internet Legal Issues Discuss online internet legal issues and topics including but not limited to copyright, trademarks, patents, slander, internet laws, etc.

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Share |
Old 06-21-2016, 02:51 AM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

What to do when some misusing your post?

Hell all,
I had written a post having a link of my site and after few weeks I saw that someone else have posted my content on his site which is not related my niche.
Since that time I'm still worried about that what should I do and what could be happen negative with my ranking.

Advertisement

Advertisement

Old 06-21-2016, 07:30 PM
Super Moderator
Latest Blog:
None

Quote:
Originally Posted by alicewright View Post
Hell all,
I had written a post having a link of my site and after few weeks I saw that someone else have posted my content on his site which is not related my niche.
Since that time I'm still worried about that what should I do and what could be happen negative with my ranking.
I just recently had a similar problem with this.

I was searching Google and noticed an image of mine that was clearly copied from my blog because they left the ALT text in there that had my domain in it amount other dead giveaways.

I contacted that web owner and nicely but firmly demanded the stuff be removed as I never granted that person permission to use anything from my blog. No response yet but I am waiting 1 more day before I get really mean and use other methods to get it removed.

http://www.dmca.com/takedowns.aspx

Old 06-22-2016, 10:13 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

So in this case I should also do the same which has been done by you or there are still any other option available?

Old 06-22-2016, 10:31 PM

If someone makes your backlinks on our website which is irrelevant to your site topic then Google disvow tool is really for you. by using this tool you can point out these links to Google and Google can't consider these links

Old 06-22-2016, 11:39 PM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

if your site have dmca protection that you can claim him otherwise you can't do anything.

Old 06-23-2016, 12:08 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobrushing View Post
if your site have dmca protection that you can claim him otherwise you can't do anything.
That is not true. I have issued DMCA take down notices with no problem.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Old 06-23-2016, 04:52 AM
Contributing Member

Google is now strict when it comes to plagiarized content; you risk your website getting de-listed or banned completely. You need to contact DMCA for copyright issue. Though, they charge for taking down copied content. Nevertheless, they issue a takedown notice to the website owner of the one who copied your article. This is serious issue and you need to report it to DMCA or Google.

Old 06-27-2016, 09:11 PM
Banned
Latest Blog:
None

Hi,

You can ask the site owner to remove your content. Otherwise, if he doesn't respond, then you can file charges against the site owner who copied a content from you. Hope that helps!

Old 06-28-2016, 01:56 AM
Contributing Member
Latest Blog:
None

Always send a DMCA takedown notice immediately. Also send one to their hosting company, google, bing and their upstream hosts Internet provider. Don't be friendly at all. They ripped you off. Go for the jugular and don't take hostages.

Old 06-28-2016, 11:51 PM
Contributing Member

DMCA guarantees automatic takedown of plagiarized content or your money back. Actually, I have done research and they do takedown service for FREE by displaying their customized badges to your website; I am just not sure if they guarantee takedown for the free option..
Review of the best game apps!

Old 07-26-2016, 03:32 AM
Contributing Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay02 View Post
Google is now strict when it comes to plagiarized content; you risk your website getting de-listed or banned completely. You need to contact DMCA for copyright issue. Though, they charge for taking down copied content. Nevertheless, they issue a takedown notice to the website owner of the one who copied your article. This is serious issue and you need to report it to DMCA or Google.
How to report google about this issue?

Old 07-26-2016, 10:26 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by sankar24 View Post
How to report google about this issue?
Here are a couple of sources right from Google:
Removing Content From Google
Quote:
This page will help you get to the right place to report content that you would like removed from Google's services under applicable laws. Providing us with complete information will help us investigate your inquiry.
Legal Removal Requests
Quote:
If you've come across content on Google that may violate the law, let us know, and we'll carefully review the material and consider blocking, removing or restricting access to it. Abusive content on Google's services may also violate Google's product policies, so before sending us a legal request, consider flagging the post, image, or video for one of our content teams to review. For more information on our product and privacy policies, our commitment to transparency, and how to submit a valid legal notice to Google, read on below.

HTML Basic Tutor - Learn how to code for better SEO
Basic Computer Information - Computer & internet basics for website owners

SEO troubleshooting and review services available. - Pm me.

Go Back   Webmaster Forum > Business Forums > Internet Legal Issues

Closed Thread